• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 15 |OT| Winter Is Coming

I mostly post on weekends when I'm not bogged down by work and school. Gamedays are when I'm most prolific. I ain't some mark-ass bitch who pads my post count with one-word posts like some reptilian fools in here.

I really need to go read Future's Football 101 thread. I'd like to get more into the analytical stuff. Friends and family think I'm a football guru when in fact I'm just parrotting what the smarter folk like LJ, Squicken and Deacon post.

I mostly post on weekends when I'm not bogged down by work and school. Gamedays are when I'm most prolific. I ain't some mark-ass bitch who pads my post count with one-word posts like some reptilian fools in here.

I really need to go read Future's Football 101 thread. I'd like to get more into the analytical stuff. Friends and family think I'm a football guru when in fact I'm just parrotting what the smarter folk like LJ, Squicken and Deacon post.

I love that folks know their teams and rosters and all that here. The Football IQ on here is pretty solid.

For most folks anyways.

Fantomex

Seriously just post you people.

What's the worse that can happen? You get ridiculed about your team? You've lurked here enough to know if I'm still standing you have no real excuse unless you're a Bills fan.

And this is Kave saying it!

<3 you Kave.

DoubleTap

LOL . This is seriously my favorite thread on GAF but I don't have the quick repartee to keep up with anyone. It is a great place to just type your typical fan frustration during the season/game though. (Fucking Kap and his sophomore slump)

The insights provided by the "regulars" are also great.

Seriously just post you people.

What's the worse that can happen? You get ridiculed about your team? You've lurked here enough to know if I'm still standing you have no real excuse unless you're a Bills fan.

Lol if Cajun can post with an avatar like that and the non-stop Saints mockery...then nobodys got an excuse to not post.

Lol, agreed. I saw the list, but figured I'd just post often enough and get recognized eventually rather than beg for my name on a list.

The man's way to do it. Besides, the best rule of thumb is that if you don't know someone's team to just treat them like a Pats or Pack fan because most of NFL-Gaf are fickle biiiiiiiiiiiiitches with no resolve who would start watching hockey if their team had two losing seasons in a row

:)

DMczaf

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/tampa-bay-buccaneers-lavonte-david-deserves-win-nfl-201000475--nfl.html

Tampa Bay Buccaneers Lavonte David Deserves to Win NFL Defensive Player of the Year

Reggie White, Cortez Kennedy, Lawrence Taylor, Michael Strahan, Jason Taylor -- since the NFL began handing out a defensive player of the year award in 1971, five players have won while playing for a losing team. Lavonte David deserves to be the sixth.

The second-year player out of Nebraska is excelling on the field, and is one of the few highlights for a Tampa Bay team that sits with a 4-9 record -- though winners of four of their last five.

After finishing ninth in the NFL in tackles as a rookie, David is putting on an encore performance sure to capture the attention of the league. Against the Buffalo Bills Week 14, he compiled a game-high nine tackles, and recorded one sack, two interceptions and two tackles for loss - giving him 17 tackles for loss on the season, tied for the most in football. Last season, he recorded 20 tackles for loss, which was the second-most on record for a rookie since the NFL began tracking the statistic in 2000.

Setting a New Standard

David isn't just a tackler; he rushes the quarterback, and plays coverage too. His all-around effort is paying dividends. He is the first linebacker in the history of the NFL to record at least six sacks and five interceptions in a single season. The last player to record at least five sacks and five interceptions in a season was Chicago Bears linebacker Brian Urlacher in 2007.

According to Pro Football Focus, David also leads the league with 66 total stops -- nine more than the next closest player in the NFL. Stops constitute a loss on 3rd down, or prevention of a first down for the offense. Among outside linebackers, David leads with 41 run stops , and a 13.8 percent tackles-to-stops average.

Funny I mostly post while I'm at work since at home I'm usually doing homework and on weekends I'm out, only on Sundays if I'm home and my laptop/tablet/phone is near will I post while the games are going on.

Ultratech

Historically the Pack haven't been very good visiting the Cowboys. They need Romo to reach down and Romo like he's never Romo-ed before. Only by his powers will our secondary not look as soft as Charmin.

Eh, if the Packers win, it'll be because of our shitty defense.

Not because Romo has an off night. (Granted, there's a small chance of that happening, but not likely.)

I don't get why people who don't even post here would want to be added?

For posterity?

Hell, I don't even post in here all that much except for Sundays.

Greg

I'm a lurker because you guys know football way better than I do and it's fun watching you guys banter. I stay because I like football and you guys are by far my favorite GAF community

I like want to see dat gator and cat fight. Money's on the cat, always

And Everytime I see Kap kisses his biceps I get more frustrated...it's like his brain is diminishing
I only know about football what Jon Gruden tells me.

LOL . This is seriously my favorite thread on GAF but I don't have the quick repartee to keep up with anyone. It is a great place to just type your typical fan frustration during the season/game though. (Fucking Kap and his sophomore slump)

The insights provided by the "regulars" are also great.
dip your toes in the water by replying with a bunch of ":jnc" posts

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
after watching the seahawks the whole year i'm beginning to see why they are good at home. It has nothing to do with the crowd. It has everything to do with Refs letting Seattle get away with a lot more stuff than they do on the road. Would be nice to see # of penalties the Seahawks have on the road compared to at home
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lt6aBog2X4s (The league came out and said this shouldn't have been called, and was followed by another penalty to keep the other team's drive going. At home.)

Are you watching or just "watching"?

MechDX

Got damn squirrels are breaking the damn cords on my Xmas lights! This is fucking war!

I will kill every last one of the worthless creatures!

Doesn't EZ eat these things? bring your RV down and park it in my driveway and kill these varmits!

I just hate Arrington, he always disappoints me. However, this year I did notice few plays he did that were crucial.

Arrington hasnt been that bad this year. He played great against Welker and hasnt had that many bad plays. He just needs to stay in the slot and not cover outside guys.

So who is going to win the Super Bowl since a good team never wins it? It really feels like a bengals or Lions year

As long as it's not the Eagles, Cowboys, Patriots, Ravens, 9ers, Saints, or the Broncos I don't care who wins it, oh wait, I forgot one the Jest, hahahaha like they will make the playoffs this year...

rando14

So who is going to win the Super Bowl since a good team never wins it? It really feels like a bengals or Lions year

oh no, now youve done it

1z6og2jpg.gif

he's coming

Milchjon

I just hate Arrington, he always disappoints me. However, this year I did notice few plays he did that were crucial.

He's always had those. I mean, he lead the league in interceptions in 2011.

It's just that it seems like he's very limited in what he's actually good at, and has always been forced out of that comfort zone because the Pats lack enough good corners.

Sanjuro

Arrington hasnt been that bad this year. He played great against Welker and hasnt had that many bad plays. He just needs to stay in the slot and not cover outside guys.

I'm quite sure that the Patriots could re-draft their entire secondary sans Talib, not see a single drawback. They're all instructed to play conservatively, so it's hard to officially judge most of them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lt6aBog2X4s (The league came out and said this shouldn't have been called, and was followed by another penalty to keep the other team's drive going. At home.)

Are you watching or just "watching"?

lol so the seahawks had *A* bad call against them and it disproves the point? i wouldn't be ashamed to admit my team getting the benefit of calls/non-calls i'd tell people to eat a bag of dicks but i also wouldn't deny that my team gets away with an incredible amount of rule breaking if i were a seachickens fan!

ShaneB

I didn't really lurk the thread when I was a casual fan, stuck mostly to the NHL and MMA threads for my sport fixes, but now that I've fallen much more in love with Football, I think NFL-GAF is great too!

I don't have any good predictions to offer, except that as always some god-awful team will squeak into the playoffs and immediately turn into unstoppable world beaters.

And if the Packers get another flukey garbage win this week, we will have a good chance at being that team! We definitely have the god-awful part covered!

squicken

after watching the seahawks the whole year i'm beginning to see why they are good at home. It has nothing to do with the crowd. It has everything to do with Refs letting Seattle get away with a lot more stuff than they do on the road. Would be nice to see # of penalties the Seahawks have on the road compared to at home

I do feel they, Sherman in particular, are a little more subdued on the road. Less jawing and strutting than at home

I don't have any good predictions to offer, except that as always some god-awful team will squeak into the playoffs and immediately turn into unstoppable world beaters.

And if the Packers get another flukey garbage win this week, we will have a good chance at being that team! We definitely have the god-awful part covered!

We've been god-awful for so long but nobody will let us in to play :(

cdyhybrid

lol so the seahawks had *A* bad call against them and it disproves the point? i wouldn't be ashamed to admit my team getting the benefit of calls/non-calls i'd tell people to eat a bag of dicks but i also wouldn't deny that my team gets away with an incredible amount of rule breaking if i were a seachickens fan!

It was worth losing to get this FMT back! I like the fire!

Seahawks will win the NFC barring a collapse. They will get HFA and they don't lose at home.

The AFC is much more interesting. It will all depend on how well the Broncos keep composed in the cold. They're in the driver's seat if they don't choke.

Ravens

I do feel they, Sherman in particular, are a little more subdued on the road. Less jawing and strutting than at home

yeah sherman doesn't seem to be able to bully anquan boldin unlike some no name rookie on the saints. how strange!

although i would love to see sherman take one of his patented cheap shops on boldin so boldin could destroy him

We've been god-awful for so long but nobody will let us in to play :(
Whoever gets the #6 in the AFC will perfectly suit the profile! It could be you!

For example, if the 7-9 Jags made it in, the rest of the league might as well straight up forfeit. Nothing's stopping that train.

squicken

You can tell the winner by seeing who is getting insane bullshit luck in the regular season. So whoever wins the NFCN will beat the Ravens for the Super Bowl

Top Bottom