• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 15 |OT| Winter Is Coming

You can tell the winner by seeing who is getting insane bullshit luck in the regular season. So whoever wins the NFCN will beat the Ravens for the Super Bowl

If the Packers make it in at 8-7-1, there is not a force on earth (except for the Jags) that can stop us.

Probably even true for the 9-7 Lions! :kas's time may yet come!

squicken

Just so you guys don't read it on some rumor site, I want you to know I am Nick Saban

If the Packers make it in at 8-7-1, there is not a force on earth (except for the Jags) that can stop us.

Probably even true for the 9-7 Lions! :kas's time may yet come!

That's what I am saying. The Bears and their shit defense, the Lions and their Forrest Gump IQs, and the Packers and some of the worst defense and QB play possible. Any of those teams would be so undeserving of a playoff spot they are bound to win the Super Bowl

Mrbob

You can tell the winner by seeing who is getting insane bullshit luck in the regular season. So whoever wins the NFCN will beat the Ravens for the Super Bowl

As a Bears fan this is really my only hope at seeing the team get to the playoffs and make a run.

Maybe the Bears D will be the horrible D all season long which inexplicably becomes good come playoff time. Otherwise making the playoffs is just a 20 point blowout loss in the wild card round.

RBH

A Michigan native who has lived in Philadelphia for two years says he was harassed and beaten unconscious by a group of Eagles fans outside Lincoln Financial Field after the Eagles' 34-20 victory over the Detroit Lions on Sunday.

The 33-year-old Center City business owner, who spoke on condition that he not be identified, said a half-dozen men in Eagles gear targeted him - first with snowballs and other projectiles, then with fists and kicks - because of his Lions jersey and ball cap.

The man, who lives in Bella Vista with his fiancee, said he was treated at a hospital Monday for a concussion and minor injuries. He said doctors also examined him for internal injuries after he urinated blood Sunday.

Capt. Laurence Nodiff, commander of South Detectives, said detectives took the man's statement Monday morning and were searching for surveillance footage that might have captured the alleged beating.

"These despicable attacks on fans who are rooting for other teams is something we don't take lightly, and we're not going to tolerate it," Nodiff said.

The alleged attack occurred around 4:30 p.m., as the man walked to the SEPTA station at Broad Street and Pattison Avenue to catch a train home. He gave this account:

As he walked along Pattison near the Xfinity Live complex, a group of men in their 20s in Eagles jerseys began shouting and throwing snowballs at him.

"I tried to keep my head down and avoid them," he said. "I didn't want to give them the satisfaction."

As he crossed the street, heading toward the train, six of the men blocked his path and continued to scream at him.

"I was like, 'Are you guys serious? You won, enjoy it.' "

The smallest man slapped his head from the side. Another man then pushed him from behind, and the group bum-rushed him, he said.

To defend himself, he threw a punch and brought one of his attackers to the ground. But then he felt punches to the back of his head, he said: "I felt like I was being choked and punched."

That's when he lost consciousness, he said.

When he came to, sore and bruised, another Eagles fan was standing over him, offering help, he said. "He stayed with me and walked me toward SEPTA."

The man remembered the Good Samaritan being so disgusted over what he had witnessed that he took off his Eagles jersey and threw it in a trash can.

"He said he was tired of these Eagles fans and the way they are," the man said.

Nodiff said investigators had sparse descriptions of the attackers: white men in their 20s wearing Eagles jerseys. He asked any witnesses to call South Detectives at 215-686-3013.

The man said the Barry Sanders jersey his fiancee had brought him made him a target for abuse during the entire game.

His first-row seats behind the Eagles bench were no refuge, he said, with fans throwing snowballs and other things at him all afternoon.

A friend who accompanied him to the game left early, he said.

He said he tries not to judge a city by the actions of its sports fans. But days like Sunday make it difficult, he said.

"I am a loyal fan," he said of the Lions. "I travel all over for games, and my worst experiences are with people here in Philadelphia."
http://www.philly.com/philly/news/2...after_Eagles_victory.html#8WRoAWJ5RmOtd8cO.99

image.php

Mrbob

There are plenty of drunks at Lambeau, but I have to give them some credit. There was only one time when Packers fans got mad I was there with Bears gear. That was like 10 years ago. Recently they've been chill about it. Probably because the Packers have won most games in the near past.

Sanjuro

There are plenty of drunks at Lambeau, but I have to give them some credit. There was only one time when Packers fans got mad I was there with Bears gear. That was like 10 years ago. Recently they've been chill about it. Probably because the Packers have won most games in the near past.

I think if you go to a football game there are plenty of drunks by default!

You just need to be careful during tailgating activities really, unless your a cock in the seats.

MechDX

Now that we are all depressed as fans.....

BbIuy0tCcAA0wFV.jpg:large

Dre did his thing again. Dropped 18k on underprivileged kids.

BbKVJVsCcAAgKVn.jpg:large

JJ went out to some schools and childrens hospitals to meet some kids.

7V1pYc8.jpg

Case had over 900 fans waiting to meet him at Academy

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
lol so the seahawks had *A* bad call against them and it disproves the point? i wouldn't be ashamed to admit my team getting the benefit of calls/non-calls i'd tell people to eat a bag of dicks but i also wouldn't deny that my team gets away with an incredible amount of rule breaking if i were a seachickens fan!
We get bad calls all the time, just like any team. NFL refs don't care!

it would be entertaining to see the dolphins vs. panthers in the superbowl just for the general apathy
Apathy? The reanimated corpse of the Miami Dolphins fan base would rise from the ashes and deliver more Dolphins swag wearin' lifelongs than New York after a Giants/Patriots SB. Your boy Kaepy would only be the beginning.

We get bad calls all the time, just like any team. NFL refs don't care!

you are also the benefit of more non-calls, especially on your DB's, because "hey they can't call it every time!". then when you do get called a few times your DB's are baffled. that is why dick sherman was so salty afterwards. well... the penalties and getting physically abused by boldin over and over again

Sanjuro

While the beating is obviously terrible, and should never occur, how do you attack a man in a Barry Sanders jersey? I mean, seriously, one of the best players in NFL history, as well as one of the humblest. That's just blatant disrespect.

Barry was a fucking quitter.

rando14

While the beating is obviously terrible, and should never occur, how do you attack a man in a Barry Sanders jersey? I mean, seriously, one of the best players in NFL history, as well as one of the humblest. That's just blatant disrespect.

If I saw a guy in a brandon merriweather jersey I wouldnt beat him up but I would convey some very strong choice 4-letter words!!

Lol, I heard a story about a Raider fan who was wearing a Russell Jersey and a group of fans made him take it off and burn it.

True Fandom.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
you are also the benefit of more non-calls, especially on your DB's, because "hey they can't call it every time!". then when you do get called a few times your DB's are baffled. that is why dick sherman was so salty afterwards. well... the penalties and getting physically abused by boldin over and over again
Actually the penalties that killed us that game were more on the offensive side!

jakncoke

Banned
Barry was a fucking quitter.

If you had to look at 4 more years of Lions football, you would too! Better to quit semi healthy then retire hobbled and still employed by the lions.

1997 – Signed a 6-year $35.4 contract ($11 million signing bonus) with the Detroit Lions. 1989 - Signed a 5-year, $9.5-million, contract ($2.5-million signing bonus) with the Detroit Lions

Its amazing how much salaries have escalated in such a short amount of time

Top Bottom