• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 15 |OT| Winter Is Coming

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Both guys state that Manziel isn't for everyone. Rang says JAX might take him b/c the owner forces it. Only Russ comparison is b/c of Bradley. The only person who actually compares Manziel by name to Brees is Sumlin

Boyd idk. I'd never draft him. Too erratic. Jake Locker but with a little more chunk
I was complaining that the comparisons were uncreative and racially-split.

Talon

I wonder how dumb the Falcons feel for letting Brent Grimes walk.
Meh, he was coming off an ACL injury, his game is predicated on athleticism, and he's 30-years-old. The team made the right move by investing 2 draft picks in Trufant and Alford to build up the secondary. Trufant has played really well. Alford is going to play out the rest of the season.

I don't hold anything against him. Loved him and hope he continues to play well. I wish he hadn't gotten hurt so often. We really, really could have used him last season against San Francisco or the year prior against New York in the postseason.

You have a poor interpretation of this. I want good things for your team, and kas is my bro

Both guys state that Manziel isn't for everyone. Rang says JAX might take him b/c the owner forces it. Only Russ comparison is b/c of Bradley. The only person who actually compares Manziel by name to Brees is Sumlin

Boyd idk. I'd never draft him. Too erratic. Jake Locker but with a little more chunk

So basicly he's fragile then....Not worth it

Remember when Aaron Hernandez was a thing?

I love how the media doesn't bring it up at all when talking about the pats and how 'great' of an organization it is or they bring up other team issues (Martin/Incognito for example) as the biggest black eye for a team this year....yet no mention of Hernandez...lol

I love how the media doesn't bring it up at all when talking about the pats and how 'great' of an organization it is or they bring up other team issues (Martin/Incognito for example) as the biggest black eye for a team this year....yet no mention of Hernandez...lol

Hernandez didnt kill any teammates

Meh, he was coming off an ACL injury, his game is predicated on athleticism, and he's 30-years-old. The team made the right move by investing 2 draft picks in Trufant and Alford to build up the secondary. Trufant has played really well. Alford is going to play out the rest of the season.

I don't hold anything against him. Loved him and hope he continues to play well. I wish he hadn't gotten hurt so often. We really, really could have used him last season against San Francisco or the year prior against New York in the postseason.
Fair points. He has been absolutely incredible this season, though.

Fantomex

Barry was a fucking quitter.

You're dead to me.

This. Dolphins sniff success again and all of the old age dudes who have been ashamed to wear the colors come back out of the woodwork plus all of the new age Heat culture dudes suddenly become Dolphins fans too.

Real Talk. Dolphins colors are very meh. I wish they just had normal blue or something. I could never get into them. The colors were probably amazing during the Miami Vice era. I bet a dude in Dolphins gear in 85 was pulling girlies left and right.

Sanjuro

I guess you forget the part where he was released prior to being charged and locked out of stadium.

LJ11

I have a bad feeling he'll post great combine stats pushing him out of Steelers reach

Never know, seems to me that the 9-20 area is the sweet spot in the draft as talent gets pushed down because teams at the top or right in the middle do dumb things. Every year there's always a couple of wtfs right in that range, if not more.

Edit: Robinson and Matthews are interesting because they've both been asked to do the opposite by their respective coaches. Robinson has to maul people on the ground, and Matthews is mostly pass blocking. Some may label Matthews weak in that area, but with Sherman they pounded the rock a lot and quite effectively. Schemes can always hide weaknesses or strengths.

Lol, everyone says the media bias exists against their team...

But seriously guys, it does exist against the Raiders.

Mmmmmm
charlesbeastmode.gif

That's the gif I was hoping for after the games. Charles is mini-Beast Mode.

squicken

I wouldn't mind if we picked Barr, though it would just end up looking funnier when a front seven with five first round picks still sucks at getting pressure.

Why do so many mock drafters think we need to draft an OT though? WR and CB/Safety are much bigger issues right now, or maybe Guard.

Speaking of guard,I need to mention how I cannot comprehend why we replaced "potential All-Pro" Saffold with Dahl who will likely get cut in the offseason. Boggles the mind.

Fisher is loyal to Dahl and doesn't wanting him losing his job to injury. Dahl took a pay cut to stay on the team and it's a really tough spot. I thought it was dumb as well, though Saffold played the whole game. It's was Barksdale and Dahl rotating.

But yeah, I think guard is the bigger need and said so last year. Add center to that depending on Barrett Jones. WR/DB is the biggest need. Lots of needs b/c they just missed on so many premium picks. Don't see any way they make the playoffs next year with how good the division is. Schedule is just consistently brutal and the Rams are inferior at most positions and in coaching

e:

Houston curse alive and well in that '93 season. Even when winning they were a disaster.

biased of course, but this is really well done. I wish they would do more of these than the garbage puff pieces they usually roll out.

Salt in the wound that year was Stern fixing the Rockets-Sonics series a few months later. Awful year

Archangel5

Neo Member
Long time lurker, but finally declaring my allegiance to dah Green Bay Payyckkurrs. I've been a lifelong and all that, etc.

Also, Pats suck, Gordita, Fatford, Kraft Money, HoFlynn.

:jnc

I'd say no. Miami got shit on for no good reason, but at the same time they aren't really a stable organization and it's an apples and oranges scenario.

Speaking of which...new developments in martin case:

Martin is not turning over text messages to Wells and will not sit down with Richard Smith, an independent investigator for the NFL Players Association, the ESPN report said.

apparently Martin isn't cooperating with investigators anymore, so they are suspending interviews with other teammates/coaches and will continue next year...lol fucken media running away with a non story.

Long time lurker, but finally declaring my allegiance to dah Green Bay Payyckkurrs. I've been a lifelong and all that, etc.

You already fit it, welcome.

DMczaf

Speaking of which...new developments in martin case:

apparently Martin isn't cooperating with investigators anymore, so they are suspending interviews with other teammates/coaches and will continue next year...lol fucken media running away with a non story.

No one gives a shit anymore. Y'all are some bullies, end of story!

Doomsayer

This is how you make an interest.

Declaring your LL status, and hating on Fatford and the Patriots.

Vyer

biased of course, but this is really well done. I wish they would do more of these than the garbage puff pieces they usually roll out.

Salt in the wound that year was Stern fixing the Rockets-Sonics series a few months later. Awful year

You mean where zone defense was legal before it was legal? Lol

But yeah, lots of sports memories. None of them really good.

JABEE

I mostly post on weekends when I'm not bogged down by work and school. Gamedays are when I'm most prolific. I ain't some mark-ass bitch who pads my post count with one-word posts like some reptilian fools in here.

I really need to go read Future's Football 101 thread. I'd like to get more into the analytical stuff. Friends and family think I'm a football guru when in fact I'm just parrotting what the smarter folk like LJ, Squicken and Deacon post.

I'm stuck taking finals and doing shit. Same here.

Doomsayer

Reading the Seahawk board (I'm taking a break from work, leave me alone) there is thread dedicated to saying the Seahawks sandbagged that game and lost on purpose.

Cdy, Rando, pls explain.

MechDX

Man, Houston '93 brings back a lot of memories. That Kansas City loss bothered me even more than the Buffalo debacle.

I really want to see this. Reading some twitter reactions to it is awesome.

PDS ‏@PatDStat 2h
So Gilbride could be the curse. Football gods saw how he was treated, have to hire him as the HC in Houston. #ReverseTheCurse

lol

Stephanie Stradley ‏@StephStradley 2h
#Houston93 doc was hard to watch. Can't understand Houston sports fans w/o that history. Documentary way undersold fan animosity towards Bud

Stephanie Stradley ‏@StephStradley 2h
When @BenTateRB was a rookie, I asked him if he knew Houston fans hadn't seen playoffs since Warren Moon. He said, "Really?" #Houston93

So true. That damn Buffalo game was the beginning of the end. Like Schaubs pick 6 against the Seahawks this year was the beginning of the collapse.

rando14

Reading the Seahawk board (I'm taking a break from work, leave me alone) there is thread dedicated to saying the Seahawks sandbagged that game and lost on purpose.

Cdy, Rando, pls explain.

Lol you're going to find the lowest common denominators on those types of boards, but it basically boils down to salty Seattle fans!! More level headed brothas realize it was a hard fought, physical game and the niners came through with the big plays at the end!! GG

Top Bottom