• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 15 |OT| Winter Is Coming

Doomsayer

Lol you're going to find the lowest common denominators on those types of boards, but it basically boils down to salty Seattle fans!! More level headed brothas realize it was a hard fought, physical game and the niners came through with the big plays at the end!! GG

I was just being a dick, you should read the Niner board (actually, no don't). It is pure fucking comedy. After a loss I like to go there and read the ridiculous hyperbole.

I've especially enjoyed watching you, Chris Trejo.

I've enjoyed watching you at your place in Canoga Park and at your auto finance job. Watching you could only be described as erotic.

I've... I've said too much.

Greg

I've enjoyed watching you at your place in Canoga Park and at your auto finance job. Watching you could only be described as erotic.

image.php

Long time lurker, but finally declaring my allegiance to dah Green Bay Payyckkurrs. I've been a lifelong and all that, etc.

Also, Pats suck, Gordita, Fatford, Kraft Money, HoFlynn.

:jnc

Wasn't I just talking about fickle biiiiitches who would switch to hockey if they're team had two losing seasons in a row. The difference between Pack fans and Pats fans is asterisks not class.

squicken

I

So true. That damn Buffalo game was the beginning of the end. Like Schaubs pick 6 against the Seahawks this year was the beginning of the collapse.

Yep. That was really what I wish they spent more time. Fans were so sick of that team. They had a blackout that year haha. After that KC loss I checked out. Thank God for the Rockets

I was just being a dick, you should read the Niner board (actually, no don't). It is pure fucking comedy. After a loss I like to go there and read the ridiculous hyperbole.

i think its even more hilarious to read webzone after a 49ers WIN. either people are putting us in the superbowl or kap played the shittiest game in the history of NFL quarterbacking and only by some miracle did we win the game. football fans are wild

then you know that the lights are out in my apt building...and I'm just sitting here in the dark with a single candlelight....playing my DS....waiting for....something....oh my...

YhYN2cE_zpsc7ffbcce.gif

dragged down by facemask.... nah, no holding. i was shocked at some of the non-holding calls in that game. i understand holding happens on every play for every team but holy shit it seemed like aldon was getting dragged down or bear hugged on every play

MechDX

Yep. That was really what I wish they spent more time. Fans were so sick of that team. They had a blackout that year haha. After that KC loss I checked out. Thank God for the Rockets

I seriously burned my gear after that loss. I was emotionally gone.

Doorman

Long time lurker, but finally declaring my allegiance to dah Green Bay Payyckkurrs. I've been a lifelong and all that, etc.

Also, Pats suck, Gordita, Fatford, Kraft Money, HoFlynn.

:jnc

After all these previous years, the Packers are currently in third place in the division and now a lifelong comes out of the woodwork?

Color me skeptical. But welcome anyway.

squicken

http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i24/jimrat201/YhYN2cE_zpsc7ffbcce.gif[/IG]

dragged down by facemask.... nah, no holding. i was shocked at some of the non-holding calls in that game. i understand holding happens on every play for every team but holy shit it seemed like aldon was getting dragged down or bear hugged on every play[/QUOTE]

Cards were straight up horse collar tackling Robert Quinn. Sometimes I get the sense the NFL just wants everything done to protect QBs. Look at who would be in the playoffs, and only Philly has started 2 QBs. Quality of play falls so much when QBs go out

cashman

Banned

I seriously burned my gear after that loss. I was emotionally gone.

Would you guys have rather had your sports soul eviscerate at one time like Houston 93 or would you rather have it slowly sucked away like the Cowboys under Jerry Jones?

cdyhybrid

Reading the Seahawk board (I'm taking a break from work, leave me alone) there is thread dedicated to saying the Seahawks sandbagged that game and lost on purpose.

Cdy, Rando, pls explain.

Already beaten, but yeah...team specific boards. Yuck.

YhYN2cE_zpsc7ffbcce.gif

dragged down by facemask.... nah, no holding. i was shocked at some of the non-holding calls in that game. i understand holding happens on every play for every team but holy shit it seemed like aldon was getting dragged down or bear hugged on every play

If only Zach Miller were an immobile tree!

I'm still pissed our game got flexed. I was looking forward to the GAF interactions as the whole of NFLGAF united behind the Ravens against a common evil.

YhYN2cE_zpsc7ffbcce.gif

It was 3rd down from the 12ish. You might have declined it anyways.

squicken

Would you guys have rather had your sports soul eviscerate at one time like Houston 93 or would you rather have it slowly sucked away like the Cowboys under Jerry Jones?

Wasn't just 1993. The year before Buffalo they had blown a game vs Denver. There's also no loss in sports that compares to that Buffalo loss (maybe that Maple Leafs choke last year). Teams just didn't score points like they do now. 35-3 was an unfathomable lead to take, let alone squander in just 1.5 quarters

And this was pre-salary cap. That 1993 team is probably the best team to not win the SB. Pardee was just a bad coach. Looking back, I can also see the faults with Moon. Guy was a true HoF but he was a front-runner. Could never stop the bleeding when things were going bad. The Aaron Rodgers of his day

I can't stop laughing that people think Jim Harbaugh would leave the 49er's to coach at Texas. I would love to see the 49er's miss the playoffs so there's at least a small chance of it happening.

RBH

Possible options to be flexed into SNF in Week 17:

-Green Bay (6-6-1) @ Chicago (7-6)
-Baltimore (7-6) @ Cincinnati (9-4)
-Philadelphia (8-5) @ Dallas (7-6)
-San Francisco (9-4) @ Arizona (8-5)
-New York Jets (6-7) @ Miami (7-6)

I'm getting really interested in the NFC East race. Can you imagine the Cowboys losing the NFC East on the last game of the season for a third straight year to a third different East opponent? That's the kind of quality entertainment only America's Team can provide.

Juicy Bob

I'm getting really interested in the NFC East race. Can you imagine the Cowboys losing the NFC East on the last game of the season for a third straight year to a third different East opponent? That's the kind of quality entertainment only America's Team can provide.
Did that really happen the last two years? I must've missed it. :(

Did that really happen the last two years? I must've missed it. :(

2011- Lost the division to the Giants on the last game of the season. Giants went on to win the Superbowl

2012 - Lost the division to the Redskins on the last game of the season. RGIII went on to have his knee disintegrate in front of a national audience.

2013- The Chip Kelly Revolution is going down to D-Town for the last game of the season, and unless someone crashes hard the next two games it's going to be for the division.

Syrinx

2011- Lost the division to the Giants on the last game of the season. Giants went on to win the Superbowl

2012 - Lost the division to the Redskins on the last game of the season. RGIII went on to have his knee disintegrate in front of a national audience.

2013- The Chip Kelly Revolution is going down to D-Town for the last game of the season, and unless someone crashes hard the next two games it's going to be for the division.

I actually wouldn't be surprised if Philly clinches by then.

Robinson is the anti-Adams, dude has been destroying people all year long. Massive dude who pounds the shit out of you for 4 quarters.

I think I might be turned around on it, simply because there's so much OT talent being mocked high.

Still, Steelers have a lot more immediate needs on defense - ILB and NT to be specific. They also need FS and corner but I don't see them going for that in the first unless it's a generational talent like Troy or Woodson.

cajunator

Banned
The Panthers have pretty consistently destroyed shitty teams at home. Hell, all our home games have been blow outs except the loss to Seattle in week 1 and NE game on Monday night. That will continue this weekend and I expect a much better performance against the Saints the following week.

Youre likely right. Just ran into a pissed off Saints team at home. It happens.
Next game in Carolina will be much closer.

I propose 2 chart rules:

1. The fan chart will only be updated in the offseason, when all teams but one have failed.

2. No additional fans will be added to the current SB winner's list.

Prove your NFL GAF addiction first!

I like these requirements.

Lol, agreed. I saw the list, but figured I'd just post often enough and get recognized eventually rather than beg for my name on a list.

I know sure as hell youre a huge Raiders fan from chatting with you on Steam. This guy is legit.

Lol if Cajun can post with an avatar like that and the non-stop Saints mockery...then nobodys got an excuse to not post.

See? Art knows me man.

Is this the year the draft gets pushed back to May for whatever dumb reason Goddell came up with?

Finding out the Saints draft picks while at Festival International was really fun. I guess now Ill actually be able to watch the draft.

Fisher is loyal to Dahl and doesn't wanting him losing his job to injury. Dahl took a pay cut to stay on the team and it's a really tough spot. I thought it was dumb as well, though Saffold played the whole game. It's was Barksdale and Dahl rotating.

But yeah, I think guard is the bigger need and said so last year. Add center to that depending on Barrett Jones. WR/DB is the biggest need. Lots of needs b/c they just missed on so many premium picks. Don't see any way they make the playoffs next year with how good the division is. Schedule is just consistently brutal and the Rams are inferior at most positions and in coaching

e:

biased of course, but this is really well done. I wish they would do more of these than the garbage puff pieces they usually roll out.

Salt in the wound that year was Stern fixing the Rockets-Sonics series a few months later. Awful year

Why is Fisher so highly regarded? As Titans coach he did have some talented and winning teams but as Rams coach he has been so awful.

I wish Wrassle-gaf and Anime-gaf would find a way towards mutually assured destruction

You can keep wishing.

Wrayfield

Saint Nick on the cover of Sports Illustrated this week. SI knows what's up.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BbNQo2aCAAAfVY7.jpg:large[IMG][/QUOTE]

Would be nice if the big boys on the line would get some credit for once. And Shifty. But it's aaalways the QBs...

gutshot

Would be nice if the big boys on the line would get some credit for once. And Shifty. But it's aaalways the QBs...

While I mostly agree with you, this exact same team was 1-3 with Vick at the helm and 7-2 since. So I think the case can be made that the QB does have something to do with the turn-around.

So I kind of hope Incognito never comes back. UDFA rookie Sam Brenner has been filling his role admirably. It's always cool seeing guys take advantage of an opportunity like that.

Wrayfield

While I mostly agree with you, this exact same team was 1-3 with Vick at the helm and 7-2 since. So I think the case can be made that the QB does have something to do with the turn-around.

200+ rushing against a potentially good run D, bro. Actually, I find playing D in snow is easier as it limits an O quite a bit.

Not saying Foles doesn't deserve credit. Just in this game, these conditions... But you know what I mean :)

cajunator

Banned
200+ rushing against a potentially good run D, bro. Actually, I find playing D in snow is easier as it limits an O quite a bit.

Not saying Foles doesn't deserve credit. Just in this game, these conditions... But you know what I mean :)

That game was all McCoy

Top Bottom