• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 15 |OT| Winter Is Coming

cfXoIQN.gif

Throwing against mostly rookie CBs and practice squad players though.

Really, even Pats haters know they find a way to keep it close. They are well coached, I just wish they wouldn't cry for a flag on every throw into the endzone. But it seems the whole league is doing it now so I guess it's becoming normal in the NFL.

Certainly would love for the NFL to make this punishable.

The throw to Hooman he was being interfered with though.

squicken

I'm not sure Carr is a special talent, UCF has played good competiton but Fresno's really hasn't.

Fresno also has weapons on their team (DaVonte Adams) and DeRuyter is a damn good coach. It's hard to isolate Carr from that with the lack of good defenses that he played against.

Carr has a cannon and the release and ball placement and all that. No idea how he reads defenses or the other mental stuff, but from a clean pocket throwing against essentially air, he is the best I have seen in my limited watching of all the guys

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Based on NFL.com it seems the Browns are still #6 for the draft:

6. Browns
5. Jags
4. Raidas
3. Bucs
2. Skins
1. Texans

Win next week against the pats, either way we win out and we are in regardless of what the ravens do since Cincy lost

No. We need the Ravens to lose. Forget about winning our division, if that's what you're thinking. Cincy losing last night helped the Ravens even more.

If it's a three way tie, and the Ravens beat Bengals, Ravens win AFC North, and Phins get WC spot.

EDIT-Actually, I found this from another site:

Case 1
Dolphins beat the Bills, and
Lions beat the Ravens, and
Vikings beat the Bengals

Case 2
Patriots beat the Ravens

Case 3
Vikings beat the Bengals, and
Patriots beat the Ravens

No. We need the Ravens to lose. Forget about winning our division, if that's what you're thinking. Cincy losing last night helped the Ravens even more.

If it's a three way tie, and the Ravens beat Bengals, Ravens win AFC North, and Phins get WC spot.

EDIT-Actually, I found this from another site:

Case 1
Vikings beat the Bengals

Case 2
Patriots beat the Ravens

Case 3
Vikings beat the Bengals, and
Patriots beat the Ravens

If the Dolphins win out -- meaning, they win at Buffalo and win the season-finale versus the Jets -- they are in the playoffs. The issue no longer devolves into a tiebreaker with Baltimore based on Cincinnati's loss to Pittsburgh Sunday night.

Read more here: http://miamiherald.typepad.com/dolp...ter-winning-statement-game.html#storylink=cpy

This is what I read, we win out and we are in because of Cincy loss, so Balt beating NE doesn't affect us in anyway. Unless I'm missing something.

Jeff-DSA

Throwing against mostly rookie CBs and practice squad players though.

Really, even Pats haters know they find a way to keep it close. They are well coached, I just wish they wouldn't cry for a flag on every throw into the endzone. But it seems the whole league is doing it now so I guess it's becoming normal in the NFL.

Certainly would love for the NFL to make this punishable.

Eh, the Patriots can whine all they want. They run rub routes and use the umpire as a screen all game long. They could get flagged for it every drive, and they don't.

Poor Pats, it must be tough having to play a game without your two starting rookie WR's that are completely unremarkable and are more or less warm bodies. It must be even more difficult to be missing Gronk who did little to nothing against Miami the first time the teams played (2 receptions for 27 yards). I doubt getting both of your starting tackles back makes any difference. I doubt having Amendola would help much. I seriously doubt having Vereen back is worth mentioning. And I can't imagine dealing with all those defensive injuries!

Good thing the Dolphins had their entire starting o-line in place and weren't relying on a washed up Raven they traded for a few games ago and an UDFA rookie who had never played in the NFL until a few weeks earlier. Good thing they had their starting TE who didn't get injured in the preseason, and good thing they had their big slot receiver who had really come on after being picked up in the offseason. Good thing their top 3 CB's weren't all injured by the end of the game, including the one who has consistently shut down the opposing team's best receiving threat all season long (minus Jimmy "da freak" Graham). Good thing Paul Soliai, "Vince Wilfork" of the Dolphins, was able to play the entire game.

It must suck being the Pats and having to deal with injuries, I doubt anyone else in NFL knows how that feels.

Poor Pats, it must be tough having to play a game without your two starting rookie WR's that are completely unremarkable and are more or less warm bodies. It must be even more difficult to be missing Gronk who did little to nothing against Miami the first time the teams played (2 receptions for 27 yards). I doubt getting both of your starting tackles back makes any difference. I doubt having Amendola would help much. I seriously doubt having Vereen back is worth mentioning. And I can't imagine dealing with all those defensive injuries!

Good thing the Dolphins had their entire starting o-line in place and weren't relying on a washed up Raven they traded for a few games ago and an UDFA rookie who had never played in the NFL until a few weeks earlier. Good thing they had their starting TE who didn't get injured in the preseason, and good thing they had their big slot receiver who had really come on after being picked up in the offseason. Good thing their top 3 CB's weren't all injured by the end of the game, including the one who has consistently shut down the opposing team's best receiving threat all season long (minus Jimmy "da freak" Graham). Good thing Paul Soliai, "Vince Wilfork" of the Dolphins, was able to play the entire game.

It must suck being the Pats and having to deal with injuries, I doubt anyone else in NFL knows how that feels.

Good job barely beating us!

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
idiots

this one jewelry place around here runs a promotion where purchases made between certain dates are free if something like 4-6 inches of snow falls on Christmas... I hope for a blizzard every year

They run a similar promotion here except the bet is on the Cowboys wining the Super Bowl...

ihwzGyz2eWi02.gif

Top Bottom