• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 15 |OT| Winter Is Coming

Gata asks for it with virtually every post he makes.

At first I thought bionic was using hyperbole about the north Florida education system, but if Gata is a representative sample it's time we admitted there's a major problem there. At least he figured out how to eat (I assume he feeds himself)
What do I do so bad?

offtopic

He measures in centimeters
Thoughts on my 49ers this weekend - They still keep running too many heavy sets (3 TEs, 1 WR, 2 backs) but they did it a bit less. From what I could tell only one time did that set result in a good play - the god-tier TD throw to VD. The rest went for almost nothing. Gore ran well but it was mostly out of 2+ receiver sets. This team needs to realize they are an average run team that can NOT run the ball when they telegraph that they are going to run it. Heavy sets just invite the defense to use 5LBs, 3 down lineman and only 3 DBs. Spread out the defense a bit more and they are much more successful.

Play-calling was improved but the dysfunctional methodology they use still came back to bite them a few times with delay of game calls and time outs used to avoid a delay (which is really a poor use of a time-out...most times it is better just to take the penalty). NFL defenses have caught up to the 49er's line of scrimmage play calling and are confusing the team very easily. Hell, a few times the 49ers had players not even lined up correctly with 5 seconds to go on the play clock. The coaches need to fix this system (or get rid of it entirely) or this team will never reach their potential.

And just one "WTF" - Harbaugh still challenges calls for emotional reasons. He wasted a time-out and a challenge on the first possession of the game when a 3rd down pass was ruled incomplete instead of a fumble recovered by the 49ers. THEY ALREADY WERE GOING TO GET POSSESSION REGARDLESS OF THE RESULT! The difference ended up only being 25yds of field position. You don't challenge that unless the call is just incredibly obvious and even just one quick check of the replay revealed that the call on the field was almost certainly correct.

Crisco

Banned
Before the season, he was highly coveted here in Carolina (being a hometown kid and all).

Now?
3859271924_24af790d82_o.gif

Yall can keep him

Yeah, it's a fairly deep WR draft in any case, and plenty of teams ahead of us will be wasting picks on shitty QBs who shouldn't be drafted until the 5th round. I'd rather we lock up Hardy than bringing in a big free agent WR.

Thoughts on my 49ers this weekend - They still keep running too many heavy sets (3 TEs, 1 WR, 2 backs) but they did it a bit less. From what I could tell only one time did that set result in a good play - the god-tier TD throw to VD. The rest went for almost nothing. Gore ran well but it was mostly out of 2+ receiver sets. This team needs to realize they are an average run team that can NOT run the ball when they telegraph that they are going to run it. Heavy sets just invite the defense to use 5LBs, 3 down lineman and only 3 DBs. Spread out the defense a bit more and they are much more successful.

Play-calling was improved but the dysfunctional methodology they use still came back to bite them a few times with delay of game calls and time outs used to avoid a delay (which is really a poor use of a time-out...most times it is better just to take the penalty). NFL defenses have caught up to the 49er's line of scrimmage play calling and are confusing the team very easily. Hell, a few times the 49ers had players not even lined up correctly with 5 seconds to go on the play clock. The coaches need to fix this system (or get rid of it entirely) or this team will never reach their potential.

And just one "WTF" - Harbaugh still challenges calls for emotional reasons. He wasted a time-out and a challenge on the first possession of the game when a 3rd down pass was ruled incomplete instead of a fumble recovered by the 49ers. THEY ALREADY WERE GOING TO GET POSSESSION REGARDLESS OF THE RESULT! The difference ended up only being 25yds of field position. You don't challenge that unless the call is just incredibly obvious and even just one quick check of the replay revealed that the call on the field was almost certainly correct.

Harbs sucks at challenges but that was a horse shit call. There's also a difference getting the ball on your 35 vs opponents 20. Good challenge and should've been ruled a fumble

dionysus

Yaldog
I have hair very similar to Sanchez so I think that man looks like a man should look. Let those curls grow my man, let them grow.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
There are people who say that players leave the field early quite often, is that true?

If so, why is Dez getting crap for it other than talking about Dallas = ratings?

DoubleTap

Nailed it. It's week fucking 15 and the playcalling shenanigans still haven't been fixed. It's unbelievable. And when they lose they wonder why the execution wasn't there.

What do I do so bad?
Seriously? Apart from some subpar trash talking efforts and being a pats fan, nothing. But those are two black, black marks friend.

I think we'd all like you to do something about the second one, but I don't want to get into a nature vs nurture argument here. so let's just agree that you need to raise your trash talking game! Just remember that biiiiiiitch isn't spelled correctly if it has any less than 3 'I's.

offtopic

Harbs sucks at challenges but that was a horse shit call. There's also a difference getting the ball on your 35 vs opponents 20. Good challenge and should've been ruled a fumble

In my little ideal world that call was bullshit as well but all calls like that the past couple of years have been ruled incompletions. Hell, even much more obvious completions have been ruled incomplete. That precedent plus the ruling on the field was why you don't even think about challenging that call.

Unless it is late in the game, you shouldn't waste challenges on field position because possession is the most important thing and you need challenges available for plays that alter possession. Anyways, Bowman recovered it at the 36yd line and James ended up returning the punt to the 49ers 44yd line. A small chance at gaining 20yds isn't worth a time-out and a challenge.

There are people who say that players leave the field early quite often, is that true?

If so, why is Dez getting crap for it other than talking about Dallas = ratings?

There is no other reason, Jerry does a great job of keeping Dallas on the front page regardless of how irrelevant they are.

Crisco

Banned
So instead of just standing on the sideline with a towel on his head when the Panthers defense repeatedly blew games in the 2011/12, Cam should have just left the field and said he was crying. Got it.

No, fuck that. You're a professional. Stay on the field with your teammates you goddamn baby.

Vyroxis

Banned
So what team is going to make the most hilarious exit from the post season? Im guessing the Eagles or Lions will wind up on the wrong end of a lopsided beat down.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
That's pretty much it. Making fun of the Cowboys is fun.

There is no other reason, Jerry does a great job of keeping Dallas on the front page regardless of how irrelevant they are.

Okay I was wondering because my first thought was also "win as a team, lose as a team" but then I hear that this is a regular thing. I know the media would like to continue to portray Dez as a problem player because of ratings!

offtopic

Also, I'd like to thank the Rams for punking the Saints and giving the 49ers control over the 5th seed in the playoffs. That move from 6 to 5 is actually very significant as you don't want to have to play Seattle in Seattle until the Championship game if possible. Also, the best possible scenario for the 49ers is that the 'Hawks have to play the Panthers as I think the Panthers have a style that gives them a better chance of winning in Seattle than any other team. We could end up with the NFC Championship game at the 'stick against the panthers (small chance but definitely possible).

All this drama today over the NFC east and north is just dumb. The winners of those divisions are going one and out in the playoffs anyways...not sure why they are worth talking about. The top 4 teams in the NFC are just far, far better than anyone in the east and north. Well, that is assuming the Saints stop moping about the bitch slapping they received in Seattle. Get over it guys...most teams homefield advantage is worth 3 points...it is worth like 14 points to the 'hawks.

At least we know that Rex Ryan won't be in the postseason. No matter what happens, that makes an AFC East brother feel good.

Man I totally forgot about that, hope they keep him around for one more year lol

Okay I was wondering because my first thought was also "win as a team, lose as a team" but then I hear that this is a regular thing. I know the media would like to continue to portray Dez as a problem player because of ratings!

Should he have stayed with team? Yeah I guess, but players do leave all the time so it's not a big a deal as the media likes to make it seem

Do I blame him for being so emotional? Hell no, the team he's stuck with fucken sucks.

Top Bottom