• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 15 |OT| Winter Is Coming

Do the Dolphins have to win the rest of their games to make the playoffs?

We have a chance if we drop one with help but if we win out the 6th seed is ours regardless of what any other team does.

We could still win the AFC East if the pats lose out and we win out actually and there is even a scenario where we could get the 2nd seed lol but that's asking for too much to fall their way.

Eli owes Seattle car dealership over $400K

Anyone who bought a vehicle at the Jet Chevrolet Federal Way car dealership between Wednesday and Saturday night has a chance of winning $35,000.

They can thank the Seahawks

The dealership ran a promotion that promised $35,000 each to 12 people chosen by raffle – about $420,000 total – if the team shut out the New York Giants on Sunday in East Rutherford, N.J. Seattle obliged with a 23-0 victory.

Those who bought a car (roughly 20 were sold during the promotion) got 100 entries. About 12 others had single walk-in entries – anyone was allowed to give it a try.

Jet Chevrolet co-owner Jim Johnson said he wasn’t expecting the shutout, but he’s glad it happened.

rokkerkory

Helps to be a billionaire. The CBA really screwed Jerry. He could no longer throw money at every top flight FA.

Money surely helps, prob biggest factor, esp in the NFL.

In any case, major overhaul is needed from top to bottom. Good grief.

Also, I'd like to thank the Rams for punking the Saints and giving the 49ers control over the 5th seed in the playoffs. That move from 6 to 5 is actually very significant as you don't want to have to play Seattle in Seattle until the Championship game if possible. Also, the best possible scenario for the 49ers is that the 'Hawks have to play the Panthers as I think the Panthers have a style that gives them a better chance of winning in Seattle than any other team. We could end up with the NFC Championship game at the 'stick against the panthers (small chance but definitely possible).

All this drama today over the NFC east and north is just dumb. The winners of those divisions are going one and out in the playoffs anyways...not sure why they are worth talking about. The top 4 teams in the NFC are just far, far better than anyone in the east and north. Well, that is assuming the Saints stop moping about the bitch slapping they received in Seattle. Get over it guys...most teams homefield advantage is worth 3 points...it is worth like 14 points to the 'hawks.

The only for sure one done our the North or East winners is Dallas cause if their horrible D everyone else could pull out a win. Philly and Detroit got those big play capabilities while Chicago has the best WR tandem in the league(Never though I'd say Chicago and Best WR tandem in the same sentence) of if Rodgers decides to come back Green Bays a force to be recconed with. We'll see come playoff time.

The Bengals punter got wrecked worse than the jaw

https://twitter.com/mortreport/status/412662882589884417

Oh well. I don't know why the Steelers always have to play dirty. I guess their style of play resembles the streets and buildings of their city.

If only the city's climate matched their fans. They could use some fair weather.

(I love PB. Just salty because fluky loss. It's our payback for our fluky win against GB)

ShaneB

Was there/Will there be any discipline to that hit on the Bengals punter? Was vicious no doubt. I'm confused at the concept of "hitting a defensive reciever", but apparently throwing a block at some unsuspecting player seems fine in some cases? I know there are illegal blocks, but I'm not entirely sure on that stuff either yet.

We gotta worry about tonight first.

But boy can I not wait until the pats lose out and miss the playoffs.

I'm exclusively worried about tonight. Not worried at all about the Pats.

Y'all ain't gonna blow us out.

You're right. We'll probably go up by 30, then magically in the 4th quarter (when the check clears) the calls will come up in favor of NE, and the refs will drag you back in the game.

Then Suggs will break Tommy Boy for good.

I don't get the Jerry Jones hate.

Overexposure. People like ESPN keep sticking microphones and cameras in his face and he keeps supplying them with soundbytes and choice TV bits.

People are tired from hearing from him, especially when the vaulted Cowboys haven't won a damn thing since William Clinton was in the White House.

jmdajr

Some stat on the radio.

Kids graduating High School this year/next have never watched/lived through the Cowboys winning a Superbowl.

Oh well. I don't know why the Steelers always have to play dirty. I guess their style of play resembles the streets and buildings of their city.

If only the city's climate matched their fans. They could use some fair weather.

(I love PB. Just salty because fluky loss. It's our payback for our fluky win against GB)

Bungles can't even sell tickets when they're winning.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Overexposure. People like ESPN keep sticking microphones and cameras in his face and he keeps supplying them with soundbytes and choice TV bits.

People are tired from hearing from him, especially when the vaulted Cowboys haven't won a damn thing since William Clinton was in the White House.

It sounds better if you say that they haven't won since the internet became a common tool.

Or since gangster rap was mainstream.

Before very many people had cell phones!

I kinda do feel bad for Cowboy fans, they've got the Qb and pieces on Offense but just can't make it past the hump each year. Must be frustrating.

Bowser

If Manning were just throwing a ton of picks and otherwise playing well, you could forgive him a bit of bad luck and some playmakeritis. That's just not the case. In fact, many of Manning's numbers are trending downward and have been for some time. His completion percentage peaked in 2010 at 62.9 percent; it has now dropped for three consecutive years and fallen all the way to 58.6 percent. Manning's passer rating is down all the way to 69.7, his lowest figure since his awful rookie half-season. He has a lower passer rating than the likes of Matt Schaub and Brandon Weeden. Manning was even 34th in QBR at 36.0, behind the recently benched Robert Griffin, and that figure was before this five-interception game even happened.

The flip side of that argument is even scarier, since the Giants will likely have to endure the hometown premium in offering Manning a new contract. He already has the largest cap hold of any player in football at $20.9 million this year, coming in $3 million ahead of second-place Matthew Stafford. The last guy around Manning's age to get a contract at quarterback was Romo, and he got seven years and $120 million with $40 million guaranteed to re-up with the Cowboys. Romo's cap hit next year is the one that will lead the league unless it's renegotiated, but it's currently at $21.8 million. Can you really give a guy playing the way Manning is right now a raise? Do you really want to give a five- or seven-year contract to a quarterback who will be 33 next season?.

http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/10145592/bill-barnwell-week-15-nfl

Eli bout to be like

FP8yE1F.gif

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
To be fair, we all thought he was overpaid the last time he got an extension but then he won another Super Bowl.

He'll get another payday and it's probably one of the lesser issues the Giants should be concerned about.

I think Manning will be fine. They need to improve the team around him.
Depends what they have to pay to keep him.

A total rebuild is probably better long term. It wasn't the prettiest "dynasty", but the core of that team did win them two SBs. And now they're old or gone.

cdyhybrid

Depends what they have to pay to keep him.

A total rebuild is probably better long term. It wasn't the prettiest "dynasty", but the core of that team did win them two SBs. And now they're old or gone.

Agreed. You can rebuild pretty quickly if you draft/sign FAs well (see the Seahawks). They could squeeze in one more good run before the end of Eli's prime if they do things right.

I'm exclusively worried about tonight. Not worried at all about the Pats.

You're right. We'll probably go up by 30, then magically in the 4th quarter (when the check clears) the calls will come up in favor of NE, and the refs will drag you back in the game.

Then Suggs will break Tommy Boy for good.
If you lose tonight next weeks game wont matter much because we will have a playoff spot locked up.

I read somewhere that no QB in the league has more tipped interceptions than Eli.

That said, a lot of them are tipped because he throws them high. Manning's mechanics fall to shit when he's stressed.

Top Bottom