• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 15 |OT| Winter Is Coming

Vyer

Evans and JFF in the first, then grab Goofy in the third

--

Saw Solomon bothering her about it, but he's a loser. Everyone I've read or heard has serious reservations about Rick. Somehow all the hits were his genius and the misses were the coaches being too involved

Yeah, Brian Smith and Nick Wright were joining in too. Crazy they tried to make it seem an unreasonable position.

MechDX

Yeah, Brian Smith and Nick Wright were joining in too. Crazy they tried to make it seem an unreasonable position.

I follow and like Steph but she went overboard with it. Kept retweeting every tweet about Kubiak getting fired with "How about Smith!?". She came off as pissed they fired Kubiak.

Hunter S.

Bill is better looking too. Doesn't look a day over 57!

Y u do dis

Mike has the best tan in the game, pure Redskin to the core!

shanahan.jpg

Good article in the New York Times about Ryan Grigson's struggles this season. I'm sure Deacon will love this. I do find it very curious how well Grigson was able to build the offense last season and how poorly he's been able to build the Colts' defense this season. I suppose defensive scouting may just not be his strong suit.

Not as much needed to be done on offense. Luck has been able to muscle throws while shaking off defenders Ben style.

I mean, AQ Shipley?! 7th round pick by the Steelers who is now barely a journeyman and off the Colts.

Luck is making that team look like gold. But like his predecessor, once you shut him down that's it for the team. It's only made worse with his number 1 receiver (who was already on the team when Grigson showed up, hee hee) goes down with injury. Colts are trash.

bionic77

I loved the later books. They get hated on by all these haters but I whip 'em off.

I love me some
Jon Snuh -------------------.
I loved the series at first but we are not 5 books in and I and many other readers are getting the impression that Martin has no fucking idea what he is doing with this story and just making it up as he goes along.

The set up in the first 3 books is so fucking epic with all the betrayals and surprises, but that is all the series is at this point. Martin just makes up more shit to set up the next surprise. Character has a plot to take over everything and it is going perfectly until at the last second something amazing/unlikely happens where either a new character is introduced or the dude/dudette is blindsided by someone else who tricked them. It is pretty fantastic in the first 2 or 3 books when the story is advancing but now it is starting to look very hackneyed. It is starting to get really old now and he has killed off so many great characters and replaced them with duds.

I am sure he will continue to keep throwing in cheap thrills in the next book but I at this point I am almost ready to quit on series.

I don't know how Dark Tower ends, but Jesus Christ it shits all over ASOIAF from great heights 4 books in. Then again King is a fucking brilliant writer. Not sure I can say the same about Martin.

Vyer

I follow and like Steph but she went overboard with it. Kept retweeting every tweet about Kubiak getting fired with "How about Smith!?". She came off as pissed they fired Kubiak.

Yeah, I can see that but honestly we have so few in Houstin media willing to pressure anything I almost feel it's needed to balance it out. Lol. That plus it's a valid point.

effzee

I think it does.

He did have a good first season, but people are expected to grow in their 2nd season, become better and prove their good year wasn't just a one-off.

For RGIII, I'd say he's definitely lacked in accuracy, decision making and general composure, things that have little to do with his inability to run quite like he could last year. His confidence just doesn't seem to be there and he looks like a somewhat subpar rookie QB this year.

I'd argue that a lot of RG3's confidence and good play is a result of his his ability to run. Its because he can run, they can design the offense around that threat. Its because he can run, he is confident he can extend any play. And its because of those threats of him taking off, that forces defenses to respect his ability, leaving RG3 to read a compromised D.

I am not saying he has looked good. But I also don't get anyone who is saying the Redskins were wrong in moving up to get him or that RG3 is the problem with the Skins. The problem is that while RG3 is having a subpar 2nd season (be it cause of the injury, sophomore slump, or because opposing Ds are figuring out the read option), their D has somehow gotten worse.

I believe the issue with Shanahan is separate. If RG3 was playing as well as he did last year and the Skins were winning games, their D would still ultimately cost them a chance at the playoffs. And behind the scenes they still wouldn't be getting along. And RG3 did carry them last year because again the D didn't do it.

Maybe Shanhan shouldn't have been butt hurt about Snyder being buddy buddy with RG3 and should have focused on improving the team overall. If Shanahan wanted full power over everything he should have never taken the job when Snyder offered it to him. By now its known Snyder runs the show almost similar to Jerry Jones. They both think they know best and pull the strings.

I like the Redskins and had high hopes for him, but there's no sugar coating his playing this year. Its not been good and it cannot be all blamed on the rest of the team. He's got a pretty good O-line, a great running back, decent receiving tight ends and a couple decent wide receivers.

But no one is saying RG3 is playing well or lights out. Of course if he was playing as well as he did last year or better, the Skins would be better. How much though?

RG3 is only in his 2nd year and coming off ACL surgery. The franchise invested in him and he already showed what he can do. If the coach and his son can't get along with him, get upset the owner runs things, and all at the same time can't focus to fix the D or special teams, its THEY who are disposable. You can find good coaches every year but a QB you build your team around is extremely difficult to find.

lol so Wallace Pitts center says he was looking for the ball in that play where he started fisting Starks...didn't specify which ball though...hmmm

Fox318

Ireland is the kingpin that's why he hasn't been fired yet...Ross is scared.

Edit: Oh! Martin found out and Incognito the enforcer was about to make him disappear when he ran...it all makes perfect sense.

Don't worry I'm sure Goodell is trying to destroy evidence as we speak(spygate).

You should have Ireland for another 10 years. That guy is a Parcells guy and everybody knows that Parcells won 2 super bowls on a missed kick and beating the most elite defense in football(Broncos) and he never quit on any team.

MechDX

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on...wer-rankings-week-14-turns-ugly-for-afc-south
It's been a rough week for the AFC South. Not only did a coach get a fired, but the division's first place team gave up 42 points and lost by two touchdowns. Now the division is on the brink of doing something that only one other division has done since 2002: Have every team finish with a negative point differential.

Thanks to the Colts' 42-28 loss to the Cincinnati Bengals, Indianapolis has now been outscored by a total of three points (316-313) through 13 games this season.

The Titans, Jaguars and Texans also have negative point differentials. If all four teams end up in the negative, the AFC South would be the first since the NFC West in 2010 to have all four teams finish with a negative point differential.

Since 2002, when the NFL underwent divisional realignment, there have only been three instances where an entire division finished with a negative point differential and every time, that division was the NFC West (also in 2006, 2004).

Point differential isn't everything, but it does usually give you an idea of how bad or good a team is -- or in this case, an entire division. Since 2007, only three teams have finished the season with a winning record and also had a negative point differential: the 2008 Cowboys, the 2011 Giants and the 2012 Colts.

Bottom line: The AFC South isn't just bad this season, its historically bad.
Enough point differential talk though, lets get to the rankings.

#Divsionalsolidarity

Not so sure, what about the Raiders and Jags? Been trying to find good coaches for years and have not. Especially the Raiders.

I actually liked Cable, think he needed one more year. I like Dennis Allen as well. I honestly don't think any other coach could win with this team.

Also Raiders haven't had a good QB since Gannon, so effzee kinda has a point. It's why coaches prefer going to a team that already has a QB or will have a chance at getting one.

The Raiders are a shit show at every level.

Find a real girl.

JABEE

lol RG3 played like total garbage vs KC. Cooley tore him up in that film study post. Remedial passer, can't work under center, shitty footwork, reads half the field, too quick to run. But are the writers in WAS or nationally taking shots at him now? Nope. Shanny is catching all the heat. May be even able to parlay Cousins into a good draft pick if he can put up numbers against some bad defenses

I'd say Shanny is doing just fine
St. Louis is getting a good player at number 1 or 2. No need to pretend like this season will be the end of RG3. The Redskins better hope this season is a blip in the radar.

cdyhybrid

I actually liked Cable, think he needed one more year. I like Dennis Allen as well. I honestly don't think any other coach could win with this team.

Also Raiders haven't had a good QB since Gannon, so effzee kinda has a point. It's why coaches prefer going to a team that already has a QB or will have a chance at getting one.

Find a real girl.

Lies, you had HoFlynn!

God dammit. Fucked up that Mathieu got hurt as soon as I started praising him.

Yeah that's really upsetting and on a meaningless punt return late in the game. This is why I've been screaming to stop having P2 do punt returns, it's idiotic when they are that valuable to either O or D. Sucks too because of what Badger is coming from, he really did a good job cleaning up his image and just focusing on football this year proving all the haters wrong. Makes you want to root for the kid and I just hope he stays mentally tough and is able to bounce back better than ever next season.

Hunter S.

Find a real girl.
Hmmmm... I said not so sure it is so easy to find a good coach. As there are examples of clubs that do not. That is not totally disagreeing. I do not care if they fire Shanahan. So far it looks like they will not. The media might make a big deal about it especially in a huge market, but that does not mean the owner listens.

Not so sure, what about the Raiders and Jags? Been trying to find good coaches for years and have not. Especially the Raiders.

We've had decent coaches before, we just generally don't give them much time or a decent situation to shine in.

I like Dennis Allen, but more importantly I don't think consistently firing coaches after 2 years is going to attract any good candidates.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
That Fuck the Knicks thread lol. Poor Fox, he'll never see the Jets, Mets or Knicks be any good.

The Knicks might be the only sports team that I absolutely hate and wish nothing but terrible things on them.

I'd rather the Bills come to Toronto then ever see the Knicks win a championship.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Why do you hate them so much?

Grew up around a lot of Knicks fans as a kid, always hearing them talk about how great the team was and how nobody could compare to them. The greatest team in the entire NBA with the most storied franchise...

We then get the Raptors so said friends decided to shit on them as much as possible...until the one time the Raptors actually got past the first round by beating the Knicks.

Yeah that's really upsetting and on a meaningless punt return late in the game. This is why I've been screaming to stop having P2 do punt returns, it's idiotic when they are that valuable to either O or D. Sucks too because of what Badger is coming from, he really did a good job cleaning up his image and just focusing on football this year proving all the haters wrong. Makes you want to root for the kid and I just hope he stays mentally tough and is able to bounce back better than ever next season.

I've been saying for awhile that cornerbacks should be drafted to play safety. Everyone wants these hard hitters for some reason, despite the fact that hard hits will be illegal in another 3 years. No need to hit a guy hard if he doesn't catch it in the first place. Needs to be more ballhawks

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Wow. Yet again this year, the Seattle game will be shown locally. It's at the expense of missing out on HoFlynn, but I'll take it.

Top Bottom