• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 15 |OT| Winter Is Coming

effzee

Not so sure, what about the Raiders and Jags? Been trying to find good coaches for years and have not. Especially the Raiders.

Well I am not saying every coach is good.

But there are only 32 starting QBs. And not all 32 are even worth starting. Finding a QB who can start for 10+ years and have you in contention to make a SB run every year is so rare.

There are new hot coaches every single year. College coaches, assistant coaches, old coaches, and or coordinators.

And yeah Raiders and Jags will keep looking for new coaches until they hit on a QB. Or when they have the #1 pick and a QB like Luck is ready to be picked at 1. How many of these great coaches were only great cause of the QB they either picked or were lucky enough to coach? Is John Fox the best coach in the league or does he have the best QB?

I think every franchise's biggest goal is to get a QB first and foremost. You can find your coach once you have that. Or find a coach who will be solely dedicated to finding the QB.

Whatever messes Redskins have to clean up, RG3 is the franchise QB and only in year 2. If Shanahan can't get along then good bye.

squicken

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet
Robert Kraft to @AlbertBreer on Gronk: “He’s had so many setbacks over the past few years. He’s such a fan favorite. We’ll miss him dearly”

Damn Kraft, not like he's dead. Already writing off his career

Greg

saw this in the funny picture thread and thought of Lunchbox:
uMArv2G.jpg

Hunter S.

But there are only 32 starting QBs. And not all 32 are even worth starting. Finding a QB who can start for 10+ years and have you in contention to make a SB run every year is so rare.

There are new hot coaches every single year. College coaches, assistant coaches, old coaches, and or coordinators.

And yeah Raiders and Jags will keep looking for new coaches until they hit on a QB. Or when they have the #1 pick and a QB like Luck is ready to be picked at 1. How many of these great coaches were only great cause of the QB they either picked or were lucky enough to coach? Is John Fox the best coach in the league or does he have the best QB?

I think every franchise's biggest goal is to get a QB first and foremost. You can find your coach once you have that. Or find a coach who will be solely dedicated to finding the QB.

Whatever messes Redskins have to clean up, RG3 is the franchise QB and only in year 2. If Shanahan can't get along then good bye.

Great post just like the other. What I was trying to see from you was basically your first sentence. Most teams do not turn out like the Chiefs after one coaching move and most teams do not have the success of the Eagles in the latter half of the season that they have. Hell ,you might even say that Alex Smith is the QB that is different from what you describe safe and average not bold and full of skill. I just think those situations were rare examples of transition to sucking horribly to large winning success. Most of the time a coaches transition of a club takes a lot of time. Or never happens at all.

The best thing that Belichick can do for his legacy is to retire the same day Brady does. After Brady, it will be all down hill for him.

squicken

2013 was not the Year of the Rookie Quarterback

http://www.sportsonearth.com/article/64557588/

Film study of the 2013 QBs

--

Draft podcast

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/the-peter-schrager-podcast-nfl-draft-bonanza-121013

"You talk about instincts and playmaking ability -- I've never evaluated anybody at the quarterback position better in those factors," Jeremiah said this week on Fox Sports' Peter Schrager Podcast. "... He's the most creative quarterback playmaker that I've scouted in 10 years."

Schrager said he heard from NFL sources in recent weeks that said they "wouldn't touch" Manziel after watching him struggle in consecutive losses to LSU and Missouri to close the regular season.

Manziel appeared to wear down, adding to the skepticism about whether he'll be able to hold up physically in the pros. Jeremiah acknowledged durability is a bit of a concern, but not enough to seriously downgrade Manziel as a prospect.

"Here's the question I pose any time I talk to a personnel guy and they're lukewarm on him or they're kind of a doubter. I say, 'OK, let me just ask you this question: ... If I told you right now your life is on the line, you have the ball on your own 20-yard line, there's two minutes and you have to go score a touchdown and you could have any quarterback in college football, who would you take for that?'" Jeremiah said. "I also say, 'It's fourth-and-seven. Same deal. High stakes. You can take any quarterback (in college football) on fourth-and-seven, who would you take?'

"I haven't got anybody to tell me they wouldn't take this kid."

cdyhybrid

Jeff Darlington ‏@JeffDarlington 1m
Small bit of info: I'm told RGIII does hope to travel to ATL. Some teams don't travel inactives, but Redskins do. So shouldn't be an issue.

:jnc

What will Cutler draw on the free market?

Depends who's desperate enough. I think most teams with a low-mid draft pick would rather take a chance paying a rookie 3-4mill a year than Cutler 10-15mill a year. I think if someone like the Titans who are a good QB away from playoff contention would make a big offer to him.

Top Bottom