• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 15 |OT| Winter Is Coming

Greg

The first one was a pretty good standalone family Christmas movies. The second one was more of the same, but still good. The rest is criminal.
loved the first two, and I usually catch at least one of them every year during Christmastime

never saw any of the others until now
Lol who writes those fucking summaries? I would love to have that job and come up with corny shit
home alone 5 is so good it will shit on you, biiiiiiiiiiitch

rando14

I'll give ya til the count of ten to get your ugly, yella, no good kiester off my property

BEFORE I PUMP YOUR GUTS FULL OF LEAD

DMczaf

Honestly, the Sandlot sequels make me more angry.

51jhRW4bsqL.jpg

MRSA

Banned
Kids are horrible. Kids like Coldplay are even worse, but nothing worse than children that are Pats fans like Gata.

Milchjon

Kids are horrible. Kids like Coldplay are even worse, but nothing worse than children that are Pats fans like Gata.

What about kids that switch their allegiance from the Raiders to a youngrier team just because the Raiders haven't been doing so well for a while?

squicken

I'm really surprised Jay Gruden and Mike Zimmer haven't gotten snatched up.

Lance has dropped hints that Zimmer may just be too rough around the edges to be a HC. Too intense and all football. Think there is a worry about his ability to deal with offense as well. Jay Gruden idk. I've already decided Lovie is not the guy unless he has come to Jesus about game management and offensive football. He would need to already have his OC in place when he was selling himself. Bowles is a similar deal as far as needing to sell his vision on offense. Defensive coordinators are suspect until proven otherwise as HC candidates

For Houston, or really any job where they are going to draft a QB, I think the HC has to be an offensive guy. I worry about Whiz b/c of how bad the QBs were in AZ besides Warner, but was that his fault or Graves? Arians has certainly improved an OL that started out as shit. Whiz just never adapted. Scary.

Bill O'Brien would be the guy if I had to choose right now. I always like coaches/QBs that had to succeed under adverse conditions, and he has at PSU. Obviously David Shaw is the best choice but it seems like he will never leave.

squicken

Zimmer is basically Mike Singletary without being a HOF Linebacker. Jay gruden is living in his brother's shadow.

I don't think retreads work in the NFL. Not very many NFL coaches have success going to a different team.

It seems like you like Zimmer as a coach but then compared him to Singletary so I am a little confused

Lance has dropped hints that Zimmer may just be too rough around the edges to be a HC. Too intense and all football. Think there is a worry about his ability to deal with offense as well. Jay Gruden idk. I've already decided Lovie is not the guy unless he has come to Jesus about game management and offensive football. He would need to already have his OC in place when he was selling himself. Bowles is a similar deal as far as needing to sell his vision on offense. Defensive coordinators are suspect until proven otherwise as HC candidates

For Houston, or really any job where they are going to draft a QB, I think the HC has to be an offensive guy. I worry about Whiz b/c of how bad the QBs were in AZ besides Warner, but was that his fault or Graves? Arians has certainly improved an OL that started out as shit. Whiz just never adapted. Scary.

Bill O'Brien would be the guy if I had to choose right now. I always like coaches/QBs that had to succeed under adverse conditions, and he has at PSU. Obviously David Shaw is the best choice but it seems like he will never leave.

I don't see why everyone is so high on the Whiz. That Super Bowl season really skews things - it was a 9-7 season and they never had any other success.

I'm not sure I agree with you concerning the offensive coach vs. defensive coach hiring - plenty of offensive guys have been bed shitters who ruined QBs. I think Lovie could work - He had the Bears in the Super Bowl and the championship game. Still, I'd be wary of a retread coach as MRSA said, though that seems to be McNair's main criteria.

squicken

I

I'm not sure I agree with you concerning the offensive coach vs. defensive coach hiring - plenty of offensive guys have been bed shitters who ruined QBs. I think Lovie could work - He had the Bears in the Super Bowl and the championship game. Still, I'd be wary of a retread coach as MRSA said, though that seems to be McNair's main criteria.

I'm not as bothered by retreads as I used to be. I think like anything else you have to figure out the context. Pete Carroll is a retread. Andy Reid. So is BB, of course. The guys who I think we associate that with are guys like Mularkey, Jauron and Wannestedt (and probably Fisher). Guys who have an established ceiling of mediocrity

The problem with defensive coaches is that it is hard to find a good OC, and retain him. At all levels, offensive coaches are promoted faster. Last year there were 8 coaching changes, and 7 jobs went to offensive coaches. Hire a defensive coach, and the young QB is now learning from Pat Shurmur, Brian Schottenheimer or Mike Sullivan

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Yep, Gordon and Cameron are #2 in the league as top WR and TE combo. Even though Cameron has supposedly "disappeared" the past few weeks, he's still putting up numbers, and is the best TE we've had since Kave's magical 07 year. lol.

That fucking year man!

Also last night in arguments with my buddy over how shitty the Knicks are I figured out the order in which I love teams in my shame circle:

1. Leafs
2. Browns
3. Raptors
4. Blue Jays

What a great list...

$150 for a Super Bowl parking pass and you can't even tailgate, yikes.

Well when you go to a concert or regular sporting event you spend like 20 on parking and usually 100+ for tickets, with the superbowl you're spending 1000s, seems appropriate they would over charge for parking too. You know they'll come up with a pay as you pee system soon enough too.

Top Bottom