• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 15 |OT| Winter Is Coming

My coworker is a Lions fan and wants to watch Monday's game with me, but I usually watch in isolation, and particularly not with opposing fans. I have a short temper when it comes to sports, and having Flacco throw a Pick-6, then have someone in the room with me celebrate and start with the "Flacclol" "TAINT" Gaf stuff, but in real life....well, that sounds unpleasant. Anyone else like this?

Crisco

Banned
Reading through that article on Hurney's fuck ups, it doesn't even mention the contract he gave Delhomme after the playoff game where he completely cratered.

My coworker is a Lions fan and wants to watch Monday's game with me, but I usually watch in isolation, and particularly not with opposing fans. I have a short temper when it comes to sports, and having Flacco throw a Pick-6, then have someone in the room with me celebrate and start with the "Flacclol" "TAINT" Gaf stuff, but in real life....well, that sounds unpleasant. Anyone else like this?

I hate watching phins games with people that talk during the games, I'm concentrating on the game I don't need outside commentary. Any other game and I don't mind other people, the only way I'd watch a phins game at a bar is if I'm with other fans otherwise no thanks.

effzee

Great post just like the other. What I was trying to see from you was basically your first sentence. Most teams do not turn out like the Chiefs after one coaching move and most teams do not have the success of the Eagles in the latter half of the season that they have. Hell ,you might even say that Alex Smith is the QB that is different from what you describe safe and average not bold and full of skill. I just think those situations were rare examples of transition to sucking horribly to large winning success. Most of the time a coaches transition of a club takes a lot of time. Or never happens at all.

Its funny for me to see how both Alex Smith teams essentially became good with the same model. While the 49ers kept tying to make Smith work coach after coach, their FO did a great job using the draft to build an elite D.

The Chiefs already did that, also by being bad enough to pick up some really good defensive players and smart drafting. If Reid and Smith walked in with even an average defensive team they are not in the hunt right now.

Alex Smith is a starter in this league but not all starters are equal. He needs much more of a team around him then say the top 3-5 QBs in the league. As long as Reid and the FO keep that in mind and they add pieces for Alex to play even better, the Chiefs should be contenders every year.

Talon

I hate watching games with people.

I try to isolate myself into a room by myself to watch when possible.

The worst is watching...in a Saints bar. Somehow I found the 2 Saints bars in Chicago.

Just came out of a thread where a guy was boasting about "smashing" a girl who is 5'2 140lbs. Who would think that is a good idea? So heavy for such a small person

Bowser

Just came out of a thread where a guy was boasting about "smashing" a girl who is 5'2 140lbs. Who would think that is a good idea? So heavy for such a small person

FRNr3.gif

Crisco

Banned

That's like a female Mike Tolbert. He wouldn't be the one doing the smashing.

MechDX

Hey Kave and Browns GAF. Nice MMQB write up on Ben Tate.

http://mmqb.si.com/2013/12/12/ben-tate-houston-texans-acupuncture/

The younger Tate has never been a lollygagger in the NFL, but there was a time when he didn’t take the job as seriously as he does now. A second-round pick out of Auburn in 2010, he broke his ankle in August of that year and went on IR for the season. The following year he was expected to become a regular contributor behind Foster, but he tweaked his hamstring in the preseason, and his coach said something that upset the second-year back.

“Tate just hasn’t come along,” Kubiak told reporters. “Everybody thought he could—our trainers, our doctors—but he hasn’t, so we’ll listen to him.”

Privately, Tate fumed. He had been working harder than ever, changing his diet and embracing all manners of rehabilitation. What was being reported as a hamstring injury was actually a hamstring tear, he says. He had been given a four to six week timetable for returning but missed only three weeks.

Knew there was animosity between him and Kubiak at the end of last season when he made the comment on Twitter about his uniform being clean during the playoffs. Another reason this team failed this year: Kubiak and his damn favorites.

Salt is the best new slang. Perfect to get under the skin of the lifelongs who show up on gameday to driveby bitch about zebra calls since they aren't actually interested in talking about anything related to football

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member

That thread is gold. I'm still holding out for an additional crazy plot twist.

Random Dolphin stats:

Dolphins have played in 3 of 4 coldest Super Bowls

Dolphins are currently 16th in the NFL with 66-to-1 odds of winning the Super Bowl

Miami is tied with Baltimore for final playoff spot and Dolphins have easier final 3 games, but Ravens are 50-to-1 odds of Super Bowl title

Also
BbTeVTXCEAAi9f5.jpg:small

BlindRage

Don't do it bro.

bionic77

Saw something the UT hasn't had an offensive linemen drafted since 2007, a recruit from their 2003 class. Also saw this, which is a good thing about UT, I guess. Slightly NSFW

http://abload.de/img/beyonce-sexy-tumblr-p1xqop.jpg
Its probably just me, but she became a lot less attractive once I knew that Jay Z had nutted in her. He is just so fucking ugly that I feel that just by being near him has taking away some of her hotness.

Top Bottom