• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 15 |OT| Winter Is Coming

Tenumi

Banned
Suck it, NFL

There's rumblings of HaHa Clinton Dix might stay another year.

This would make me sad because I want to hear that name called by the Commish. Best name since C.J. Ah You.

The homer in me wants Warford to win OROY, since he's been pretty good this year, but I know that'll never happen. The last time an O-Lineman won the award was... well, never.

Me too, I just want happiness for everyone!! Here I'll start, Darkest Red you're a cool dude who's been able to keep his chin up despite a tough year for your team!!
Thanks, man!

This year only looks tough for the Dolphins because they haven't completed their road to SB victory yet. All of the pieces are falling into place. You'll see, you'll all see!

8-8 seems inevitable. :(

mr2xxx

Banned
Curious to see what GAF thinks! Who do you guys think will end up winning OROTY? My friend was trying to tell me there is no way Eddie Lacy wins it, of course my homer ass thinks otherwise (Packer fan here).

He's saying Keenan Allen has it locked up, but I still think Lacy has a good shot. I think the race comes down to these two players, really not sure who else has a shot at it. Who would you guys vote for at this point in the season?

Keenan Allen - Games Played: 13 Receptions: 63 Yards: 931 TD: 7 Targets: 90 Avg: 14.8

Eddie Lacy - Games Played: 12 Rushing Att: 227 Yards: 887 TD: 7 Avg YPC: 3.9 Receptions: 27 Reception Yards: 207 Rec TD: 0

Allen no doubt. He's making Rivers look like a competant QB again and helping keep the Chargers in the playoff hunt. While as good as Lacy is, the Packers are not playing for anything.

I'm shocked Rodgers was ruled out this weekend. What in the fuck is going on here? McCarthy said he looked good, Rodgers says he feels good and got over the hurdles he felt he needed too. No scan was done today. why is he ruled out? This fucking "team" doctor is really starting to piss me off. I can understand if a possible re-injury would do long term damage to next season, but I don't even see how that's possible. Soooooo frustrated.

I'm shocked Rodgers was ruled out this weekend. What in the fuck is going on here? McCarthy said he looked good, Rodgers says he feels good and got over the hurdles he felt he needed too. No scan was done today. why is he ruled out? This fucking "team" doctor is really starting to piss me off. I can understand if a possible re-injury would do long term damage to next season, but I don't even see how that's possible. Soooooo frustrated.

McCarthy's trying to deflect attention away from the team's record in Rodgers' absence.

You bros need to stop letting a single poster get to you so much that you stop posting in a thread all together. Sucks to lose NFL gaf bros when the majority enjoy your company and want to see what you have to say and banter with you. Stay, Mr. Slay.

JCizzle

Rodgers you bum, I can't believe this!!

pls save my fantasy team lacy

Me too, I just want happiness for everyone!! Here I'll start, Darkest Red you're a cool dude who's been able to keep his chin up despite a tough year for your team!!

Seeing the Seahawks lose makes me happy, thanks for your support!

Greg

Rogers is a liability. GB has to give themselves the best chance to win like the Redskins have benching RGIII.
I agree.

Flynn is going to do all the heavy lifting and Rodgers will come in for the last game against the Bears and get all the credit for making the playoffs. Fraud.

Fantomex

Slays my boy. You guys are overreacting. Ever since Marijuana became legal in Colorado he stopped posting as much. Coincidence? I think not.

Crisco

Banned
Slays my boy. You guys are overreacting. Ever since Marijuana became legal in Colorado he stopped posting as much. Coincidence? I think not.

Is there some sort of map of weed shops in Colorado? I need to find the one closest to the Utah/Colorado border. Also didn't there used to be a weed thread on this forum? I just recently discovered the trick to your wife letting you smoke weed: make her realize you're a better human being when high.

B, tell me about Urban Chestnut beers. I might have a source for some of them.

Source of bottles? Here is what we bottle

If you like German styles:

Zwickel - Our flagship. A German, unfiltered Lager. Just a great Lager that's full of flavor. Awesome after a shift at work and a great jumping off point. Hugely popular, but a little plain for a lot of craft drinkers taste. (I personally tend to order lagers first at breweries because I think they are much harder to hide flaws in than other styles, but I get that a lot of beer drinkers want more flavor.)

Schnicklefritz - Bavarian Weissbier. Great hefe. Done by the books. Weinstephaner yeast lends tons of banana and clove.

Dorfbier - Munich Dunkel Lager. Darker, maltier Lager. Good example of the style but I prefer more maltiness in my dunkels. Only available in fall variety packs.

American craft:

STLIPA - Double IPA. 8% ABV. Huge with the hop heads. Uses exclusively Pacific Northwestern hops to impart all of that floral and citrusy goodness.

Winged Nut - Described as the 'flagship' of our revolution line. Winged Nut is a malty, amber colored ale. Milled chestnuts are used in the mash, giving it a very unique flavor when combined with Weinstephaner Weissbier yeast. Not a favorite of the staff, but has it's followers. I get a lot of shit for enjoying it. Reminiscent of those flaky peanut butter hard candies, or the center of a butterfinger. Very strange

Pilgrim 7 - 7 grain American Pale Ale. The dry-hopping gives it a huge hop nose and hops on the front end. The back end is all malt backbone from the 7 different grains used in this beer. Love this one. Only available in the fall variety pack.

Erlkonig - Pale Wheat Dopplebock. The 'elf king,' Erlkonig is often described as Schnicklefritz on steroids. Yellow in color, the 8.3% abv is totally hidden by the sweetness. I don't know why but our bocks always taste like Belgians to me. This tastes like a tripel. Super easy to get wasted on by accident. Only available in winter variety packs.

Harwood Myth - Brown Porter. Tons of roast. Lots of bitterness. Notes of tobacco and coffee. Great for cold weather. Another of my favorites. Only available in winter variety packs.

rando14

Still time for Pete to choke, I still have hope! Not mathematically out of the seed yet!

I like this back and forth banter, I feel it's making our friendship stronger than ever!!

I agree.

Flynn is going to do all the heavy lifting and Rodgers will come in for the last game against the Bears and get all the credit for making the playoffs. Fraud.

If mccarthy knows what's good for him he'll keep going with the hot hand. The Fraudgers era is over and a new, brighter era is just beginning!!

cdyhybrid

Fuck the Niners. Can't wait to trash them yet again at the CLink in January and end their season one game away from the Super Bowl.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member

My guess is that Rodgers is about 90% and that if they brought him back for the Dallas game and Green Bay loses (effectively eliminating us for the playoffs), it's going to look really suspicious and bad for the coaching/medical staff when they shut down Rodgers for medical reasons afterwards.

Edit: Alternatively, we've seen what a 90% RG3 has done to the entire Redskins organization.

How about this for a conspiracy theory:

He broke his fucking collarbone 6 weeks ago, and the first time a defender lands on top of him it's going to snap in two again.

It's clearly the case that it's good enough for him to play with -- as long as he doesn't get hit. Our offensive line is awful. He's going to get hit. So I guess we should trot him out for Dallas, have him break it again, and ride Flynn into the playoffs?

Flynn is Regigigas. He starts slow but he'll double his TD per week. By the superbowl he'll be invincible!!
Throws 2 against the Cowboys, 4 against the Steelers, 8 against the Bears, and then A-Rodge returns for the playoffs. The math checks out!

cdyhybrid

How about this for a conspiracy theory:

He broke his fucking collarbone 6 weeks ago, and the first time a defender lands on top of him it's going to snap in two again.

It's clearly the case that it's good enough for him to play with -- as long as he doesn't get hit. Our offensive line is awful. He's going to get hit. So I guess we should trot him out for Dallas, have him break it again, and ride Flynn into the playoffs?

This is happening already.

This is happening already.
Right, with the exception that this way Rodgers has a chance of bringing the team home if they survive long enough.

You send him out too early, (1) you risk long term damage and (2) you hurt your odds of him surviving the season anyway.

Dude couldn't even practice until Wednesday anyway. Not sure why everyone was pretending that he was going to come in and tear it up on 3 days of practice off a 5 week layoff. Hope springs eternal I guess.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
I agree.

If the Packers make the playoffs, credit should be given to the appropriate qb.
Stafford.

Top Bottom