• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 15 |OT| Winter Is Coming

Ravens definitely have a harder schedule, but the Dolphins have the tie-breaker over SD due to their week 11 win over the Chargers. SD would need to beat both the Raiders (trap game!) and the Chiefs, whereas the Dolphins have both the Jets and Bills even if they lose to the Pats. At least a fighting chance, I guess I wouldn't mind seeing any one of those teams go to Foxboro if they made it past the wildcard round.

It's nutty that there really aren't any dominant AFC teams. Sadly, the Patriots are the most consistent. Consistently pretty average, but they keep winning games regardless. That's all that really matters though, I guess. We'll see how far Gronk-less Brady can take them in the final 3 weeks, but I wouldn't be surprised if they win out (Dolphins-GAF, save us!)

This year has felt like a microcosm of Peyton's career. Stellar, record-breaking offensive numbers, a wishy-washy defense and suspect special teams (outside of MVPrater, naturally). At least the big losses have come in the regular season (Colts, Patriots, Chargers). Hopefully the Broncos are paying for it now instead of a one-and-done knockout in the playoffs by one of these teams. I'm just astounded by how bad the defense got when so many players from last year carried over. Who are we missing? Old man Keith Brooking? Dumervil's sack total has almost already been matched by Shaun Phillips. Justin Bannan has only played 3 games with the Lions. Missing Wolfe and Vickerson has hurt our interior pass rush as of late, but even before then we were still not getting enough consistent pressure on other QBs. Maybe the weed fuels Von to be next level.

I guess looking at last year's schedule, the defense wasn't that impressive. Outside of the New Orleans game, we didn't really shut out any of the good offenses last year. Kansas City is obviously much better this year. Maybe last year was just fortunate scheduling/circumstance and now we're struggling against better offenses this year.

Even with the Texans in full tank mode, I could still see them pulling an upset next week. Gotta get our shit together.

As long as the Ravens miss the playoff for once I'll be happy. Although I'm not counting on it =/

MechDX

http://www.nfl.com/fridaythe13th

Friday the 13th: The 13 unluckiest plays of 2013

Matt Schaub sets the record for consecutive games throwing a "Matt Schaub

Earlier in the season, Matt Schaub had a knack for throwing game-destroying pick sixes (also known as "Matt Schaubs") for the Texans. He threw one in three straight games prior to this beauty against the 49ers. This fourth pick six in four games was not only an NFL record for poor quarterbacking, but it was the end of Schaub as the starting quarterback of the Texans. Talk about a series of unfortunate events.

Cant wait till he is cut. And be fore warned....whatever team signs him will you will be prime target #1 for insularity bombs!
stares down Kave......

Wow, this was really a thing?

steelers_fins_wtf.gif

Stay classy, Pittsburgh. :jnc

Haha, cool!

Well, a brewpub in Munich just opened that has some of your beers on their list. It's pretty much at the opposite end of Germany, but since my brother's studying there, I might get to try them.

It's fucking sad how you have to travel literally hundreds of kilometers to get some craft beer variety here :-D

Yeah that sucks dude. Let me know what they have on. It will be interesting to see if you got the more German or American oriented stuff. I wish you would have gotten to try our Berliner Weisse. Shit was the bomb. I enjoyed it way more than something like 1809. We didn't get any woodruff, but we had elderflower and rasberry syrups. Shit was the bomb

Hammer24

Banned
Whenever a team started out 0-8, it averaged 2.04 wins the rest of the season.
The best turnaround teams after an 0-8 start are the:
- 2010 Bills 4-12
- 2008 Bengals 4-11-1
- 1978 Cardinals 6-10

Both the Bucs and the Jags can get this record. GO BUCS!

I hate ESPN. NFL Live covering Dolphins/Pats and it's 80% Gronkowski, 10% Patriots D, and 10% Pats struggling in the first half. Who are they playing again?

/salt

Greg

I hate ESPN. NFL Live covering Dolphins/Pats and it's 80% Gronkowski, 10% Patriots D, and 10% Pats struggling in the first half. Who are they playing again?

/salt
I'm tired of hearing about what Tom and Bill have to overcome this season as if they're the only ones with injuries

and I'm tired of hearing about Rodgers' status
cripes. finally remembered I forgot to sub the new thread...48 pages in.
fail. Dota is my life
time for an NFL-GAF intervention

Top Bottom