• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 15 |OT| Winter Is Coming

Narag

That's the initial reaction, though. A few weeks from now it will be just a bunch of action scenes that didn't make him care about the characters

He disliked the first one I thought, or thought it was problematic at any rate, I watched it earlier this week and didn't care for it myself, just got back from Smaug though which was so much better.

cajunator

Banned
Desolation of Smaug was really good.

Yes it was. However it did suffer from being the "in between movie" where it had a strict set of things it had to show and couldnt get to others reserved for the third movie. It just kind of ended.
Smaug is a badass motherfucker.

simples

Banned
The Houston Oilers don't exist anymore. Can't stick with a team that is dead

you had choices

JtHVPUC.jpg

hROBaIK.jpg

instead you chose to become a miami heat fan

The Hobbit is hard to explain.

It's fun, entertaining, and for the most part really well made, so I would definitely recommend seeing it in the theatre with sexy surround sound.
Jackson makes a handful of really good narrative decisions that improve upon the source material which makes for a better movie.

That being said, the series' fate was sealed when the first flick came out and we saw that he was going to take a fairly literalist approach to the movie.

Martin Freeman is phenomenal. It's a shame that everyone around him is pretty so-so.

TL;DR: Fun movie, not on LOTR's level. Problem is, it tries to be.

Also Evangeline Lilly is diner material.

The Hobbit is hard to explain.

It's fun, entertaining, and for the most part really well made, so I would definitely recommend seeing it in the theatre with sexy surround sound.
Jackson makes a handful of really good narrative decisions that improve upon the source material which makes for a better movie.

That being said, the series' fate was sealed when the first flick came out and we saw that he was going to take a fairly literalist approach to the movie.

Martin Freeman is phenomenal. It's a shame that everyone around him is pretty so-so.

TL;DR: Fun movie, not on LOTR's level. Problem is, it tries to be.

Also Evangeline Lilly is diner material.

It looks like he's borrowed alot from Unfinished Tales/Lost Tales to enhance the stories.

I'm torn about it all, but I can see why he did it. I enjoyed the first one, it's enterntaining, it does make me want to read them all again.

And Martin Freeman is a tremendous actor. Been listening to alotta Led Zeppelin to prep. Lol

Led Zeppelin - Over The Hills And Far Away

I'm tired of hearing about what Tom and Bill have to overcome this season as if they're the only ones with injuries

Greg, you're my bro and all, but I have to talk to you about this.

I understand that everybody here hates the Patriots, and that is fine and all, but you have to give credit where credit is due. It is true that every team gets hit with injuries, yes, but I don't care about how you don't like Bill and the Pats, but you have to show them some respect.
Look at what injuries did to the Packers, Colts, Falcons, Texans and others. Most teams are 1 or 2 injuries away from turning to complete shit, where the Patriots are able to keep winning games with multiple starters on IR and a lot of starters banged up. When Gronk got injured last week Narag said something something like 'next man up'. Which team is able to actually do this better than the Patriots? Nobody.

What happens when McDaniels is head coach and trades for Bradford?

He's willing to be Mallett his back-up?

JABEE

That's the initial reaction, though. A few weeks from now it will be just a bunch of action scenes that didn't make him care about the characters

The exception is Man of Steel. I can't comprehend how anyone liked that movie at any point in time.

I know you're just being funny but that's one reason why this movie is better than the movie. It's not just a bunch of action shit thrown together but it earns it's action, even when the action gets cartoonish there's a sense of danger and immediacy there.

Top Bottom