• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 15 |OT| Winter Is Coming

Then wasn't it Bill who was able to build a team around Cassell to still put an 'A-grade trash' QB in a position to win games?

It's always the same here on GAF. Never do the Patriots get credit for anything that they do.
thanks for proving the point of belichicks genius when he can make "grade A trash" win 11 games
What part of "Randy Moss" did you guys not read?

That Patriots team was at its peak, coming off the most disappointing ending to a season any NFL team has ever had, and on offense they had the greatest deep threat of all time. They were in a unique position to absorb the loss of a superstar QB and still contend for a Super Bowl. Instead, they missed the playoffs.

Suck Belicheck's dick for that season if you like, but his Super Bowl and AFC Champ teams are much more impressive.

And if having success with an awful QB is the criteria, Lovie Smith is even better. He took Rex Grossman to the Super Bowl!

Sanjuro

That Patriots team was at its peak, coming off the most disappointing ending to a season any NFL team has ever had, and on offense they had the greatest deep threat of all time. They were in a unique position to absorb the loss of a superstar QB and still contend for a Super Bowl. Instead, they missed the playoffs.

Suck Belicheck's dick for that season if you like, but his Super Bowl and AFC Champ teams are much more impressive.

iWbb86JgW9hTl.gif

Pro Bowler.
No, I'm not a Chiefs fan. I saw him in the Pro Bowl wearing a Chiefs helmet though.
:jnc

Ok, I'll admit I'd forgotten about that 2010 season. I think the stench of what followed washed it away. Maybe Cassel was a worthy backup! Maybe.

(many unworthy QBs players have made pro bowls. It's a popularity contest)

No, I'm not a Chiefs fan. I saw him in the Pro Bowl wearing a Chiefs helmet though.

Your Randy Moss argument is incredibly broken as well.
Prime Moss tilted the field. He made bad and mediocre QBs into good ones, and made good ones look like football gods. Also, stop making me compliment him.

Sanjuro

Prime Moss tilted the field. He made bad and mediocre QBs into good ones, and made good ones look like football gods. Also, stop making me compliment him.

Prime Moss!

2008 - 69 Receptions for 1008 Yards.

...wait...wait a minute.

2005 - 60 Receptions for 1005 Yards...that's Prime Moss!!!

OMG!

RORSCHACH!!!! YOU DID IT! Your team fucking did it! They won eleven games! Somebody get Rorschach OMG!

SOKA! GET HIM TOO!

ibt14BYjRuMSbI.gif

RORS!! SOKA!

*clicks link*

ROR...
us8ZcDd.png

And if having success with an awful QB is the criteria, Lovie Smith is even better. He took Rex Grossman to the Super Bowl!

Get the fuck out of here, I'm not "sucking his dick". Fucking fool.

Why do I even bother doing this? Who got Randy Moss out of Oakland? You think he walked into Foxboro, typed up a contract and shoved it under Bill his face?

The team was so good that they lost their QB and you still thought they should have won the Super Bowl, and are ridiculing them for not making the playoffs (despite going 11-5)? They why isn't Bill getting any credit for dealing with the situation, setting up his team depth, being prepared for pretty much everything?

I'm not talking about making a Super Bowl with a shit QB, I'm talking about having a team being great year in year out, dealing with everything that comes his way. Teams lose 1 or 2 players, via free agency or injury and the team falls of a cliff, where the Patriots and Bill have been able to compete at a high level no matter what.

But I'm done with you.

Prime Moss!

2008 - 69 Receptions for 1008 Yards.

...wait...wait a minute.

2005 - 60 Receptions for 1005 Yards...that's Prime Moss!!!
Yes, compare disinterested "team cancer" Moss in Oakland to the model citizen he was under Brady and Belicheck. (they absolutely deserve credit for getting him to try hard in NE, BTW. That's obvious, but apparently if I don't say it I'm insulting the Pats.) Interesting that the stats worked out so similar with Cassel throwing to him!

Get the fuck out of here, I'm not "sucking his dick". Fucking fool.

Why do I even bother doing this? Who got Randy Moss out of Oakland? You think he walked into Foxboro, typed up a contract and shoved it under Bill his face?

The team was so good that they lost their QB and you still thought they should have won the Super Bowl, and are ridiculing them for not making the playoffs (despite going 11-5)? They why isn't Bill getting any credit for dealing with the situation, setting up his team depth, being prepared for pretty much everything?

I'm not talking about making a Super Bowl with a shit QB, I'm talking about having a team being great year in year out, dealing with everything that comes his way. Teams lose 1 or 2 players, via free agency or injury and the team falls of a cliff, where the Patriots and Bill have been able to compete at a high level no matter what.

But I'm done with you.
1) I didn't say the Pats should've won the Super Bowl that year, only that they had a rather unique chance to contend

2) Could say the same for the Colts before 2011. So the clock hasn't hit midnight for Belicheck yet. So what? He's been a great coach regardless. It isn't necessary to christen him the GOAT to say he's a great coach. But the implication is that 2008 happened purely by his greatness, and that 2008 is the worst case scenario, that the Pats will never falter. That's laughable.

Sanjuro

Yes, compare disinterested "team cancer" Moss in Oakland to the model citizen he was under Brady and Belicheck. Interesting that the stats worked out so similar with Cassel throwing to him!

...now your argument is saying thanks to Belichick, Randy Moss and Cassel has a great season.

Glad I could convince you!

...now your argument is saying thanks to Belichick, Randy Moss and Cassel has a great season.

Glad I could convince you!
Belicheck has always been a great coach. I imagine he wasn't uniquely qualified in getting Moss to try hard (I think Brady had more to do with it tbh), but we'll never know! Maybe you're right. Maybe only Bill Belicheck was capable of coaxing the 2008 Pats from mediocrity to irrelevant success.

Just imagine what he could've done if he still had the cameras! Matt Cassel, Super Bowl MVP?

Milchjon

Since apparently no one's skills are responsible for the Pats' succes, but they still kept winning, I'm just gonna go with my favorite theory that it was all set up by the league (maybe even the government!) purely because of 9/11 and their team name.

Since apparently no one's skills are responsible for the Pats' succes, but they still kept winning, I'm just gonna go with my favorite theory that it was all set up by the league (maybe even the government!) purely because of 9/11 and their team name.
There are people in the StL area who told me this after that 2001 super bowl.

Turned out to be spy cameras. As always, reality is stranger than fiction.

Belicheck has always been a great coach. I imagine he wasn't uniquely qualified in getting Moss to try hard (I think Brady had more to do with it tbh), but we'll never know! Maybe you're right. Maybe only Bill Belicheck was capable of coaxing the 2008 Pats from mediocrity to irrelevant success.

Just imagine what he could've done if he still had the cameras! Matt Cassel, Super Bowl MVP?

Ah yes, when people are truly clueless and have nothing left to say about the Pats they can always pull out the old 'Spygate'-reference.

Good job, you went full circle.

Sanjuro

I can only imagine my Packers using Belichick and cameras! I'd be rich.

I just saw Frozen with my kids, which felt like Tangled 2. My three year old even said " we've seen this before". I will say the preview for The Lego Movie looked pretty intriguing.

Also, there's a movie coming out starring the fucking Coca Cola Polar Bears?

Deebo comes back to Heinz Field tomorrow.

125590666.0_standard_709.0.jpg

I know he's washed up and playing for a division rival, but man is he awesome. Just watched this highlight reel (excuse the quality) - In his prime he was the most dominant, scariest linebacker in the NFL.

Top Bottom