• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 16 |OT| The Jungle

JCizzle

Niners time has passed. Don't be like this FMT.

Be graceful in defeat like the Steelers. Us fans of dynasties have to keep things respectable.

You gotta take control of the Niner thugs running wild drinking their piss and stabbing each other.

We all about thug life fueled by CK's prison tats

Greg

Lets talk draft.

I'm looking at this LB class and there's some serious talent. Love Van Noy, had a down year, but he was awesome in 2012, seems like a really versatile player. Can blitz, cover, worried about his size in the run game though. Going to have to take on blocks at the next level, this ain't college where you can run around shit.

I must be missing something with Mosley, not a hater, I just don't see it. Don't see a sideline to sideline guy, I question his speed, kept clean a lot at Bama. Lot of top 10 talk, by respectable folks too, I just don't know. I felt Kuechly and David were 1a and 1b when they came out, don't think Mosley is better than either.

FSU guys are hammers, Auburn game will test them like no other. Kuechly had fits playing against Morris' bastardized version of Malzahn's O. Going to be a tough test for those two.

Skov looked very good when I watched Stanford, that entire team sheds blocks well. Good instincts and he's going to be good in a crowd, will stack up and get off a block. Worried about his athleticism, looks limited in coverage too.

Good crop of players this year, you can't go wrong at a number of positions. Elite WR talent, Elite TE talent (don't give a fuck if Amaro can't block), Elite LTs, and a couple of Elite Pass Rushers (though I'm not as high on Barr, looks a bit stiff but wtf do I know). Bridgewater is the goods but maybe he stays in school.

Good year to be drafting in the top 10-12! Great time of year for fans of bad football teams! Only a few more months until we're sadly disappointed once again!
I wish I could, but I know nothing about college football outside of the occasional OSU game and what ESPN tells me.

LB talent?

sound the alarm
who needs LBs when you can get more depth at RB!

I wish I could, but I know nothing about college football outside of the occasional OSU game and what ESPN tells me.

Who needs depth at LB when you have Edward James Olmos Lacy and DuJuanna Mann Harris?

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Story in the WSJ about discount qb's.

The defensive ferocity of the Seattle Seahawks and the San Francisco 49ers says less about their playbooks than about their payrolls.

Not their defensive payrolls, however. Behind the dominant marches of this season's Seahawks and 49ers are quarterbacks who cost as much as a backup tackle.

Of the 12 teams currently in position to make the playoffs, eight rank in the bottom half of the league for quarterback salaries. Conversely, of the top 15 highest-paid quarterbacks, only four are on track to make the playoffs.

Many in the league believe there's a quarterback bubble. The pay of many NFL quarterbacks is "crazy, in the context of having to pay 52 other guys," Kurt Warner, the former Super-Bowl-winning St. Louis Rams quarterback, said in an interview earlier this year.
-
Such big earners force teams to discard other key players who are then picked up by opponents with lower-cost quarterbacks. The Seahawks, for instance, can spend more than any other team on offensive linemen, defensive ends and tight ends.

And the 49ers managed in the off season to pick up for peanuts wide receiver Anquan Boldin—whom Baltimore was forced to unload to accommodate the cost of Flacco. Boldin has 958 receiving yards this year.

Also purged from Baltimore was free agent linebacker Dannell Ellerbe, who has made a significant contribution to Miami's playoff run. Miami quarterback Ryan Tannehill makes a meager $2.8 million, enabling the Dolphins to spend more than any other team on free agents this past off season.

This dynamic is rooted in the 2011 collective bargaining agreement that put a strict cap on rookie salaries.

Before that agreement, the top quarterback of the 2010 rookie class, Sam Bradford, signed a contract guaranteeing him $50 million. A year later, 2011's top-ranked quarterback, Cam Newton, received a similar guarantee of only $22 million, about the same that Andrew Luck received a year later.
-
All of this leads to one conclusion. When it comes time to give Wilson, Kaepernick or Tannehill a new deal, Seattle and San Francisco and Miami may do the previously unthinkable: decline to keep their star quarterback.

Let's not count your chickens before Nameless can piss on them. The Niners could still miss the playoffs and some virgin stat guy told me the Steelers could make it.

But stop calling Tomlin dumb, that's totally racist. And we have to KO punters. Those are the only players we can actually tackle. The other guys are too darned fast...

niners going to get the #1 seed after the cards and rams do us a solid

rando14

Let's not count your chickens before Nameless can piss on them. The Niners could still miss the playoffs and some virgin stat guy told me the Steelers could make it.

But stop calling Tomlin dumb, that's totally racist. And we have to KO punters. Those are the only players we can actually tackle. The other guys are too darned fast...
:jnc bionic throwing truth bombs

And yet not good enough to make that throw in the SB when it mattered most....

Sometimes, you have to lose it all to gain everything.
This winter, colin kaepernick is....

The Redeemer: The Story of How Colin Kaepernick Lost The Superbowl One Year but Then Came Back The Next Year and Won the Superbowl

Greg

So hard to let a top guy go, but the middle of the road QBs can eat a dick.

Greg, you can tell us about Shazier?! Another overrated OSU guy?
I don't know if his size will be a factor moving forward, but I thought he looked great this year

he's the next AJ Hawk...

YouTube on ps4 plays pretty well, watching UCF vs Louisville from this year on it right now. Looks pretty good. Also theirs tons of full college games on YouTube from this year and past ones on YouTube if anyone's interested
Edit: wierd stopped working
I must be missing something with Mosley, not a hater, I just don't see it. Don't see a sideline to sideline guy, I question his speed, kept clean a lot at Bama. Lot of top 10 talk, by respectable folks too, I just don't know. I felt Kuechly and David were 1a and 1b when they came out, don't think Mosley is better than either.
I'm kinda scared of Mosley too, afraid he's gonna have a lot of wear and tear coming out Of Bama, I think it was squicken that posted the tweet about his injury list ........also think Their could be a lot of quality rbs coming out this year.

O-H!

squicken

Lets talk draft.n!

Not sure on Skov. I've heard that Stanford LBs are to be avoided. It's supposed to be really stacked for offensive tackles. Could be 7-8 in the first round. Rams are getting mocked Matthews b/c of Fisher's connection to Bruce Matthews, but that's meh. I'm more interested the FSU or Bama OTs. Haven't seen enough

Can't figure out if Barr is a legit #1 or is presented as such b/c he is a high effort guy and Clowney isn't. I said earlier I have no problem if STL decides to not trade down and take Clowney if the draft order stays the same

jakncoke

Banned
lol to who? the eagles? the bears? packers? lions? the fucking cowboys? lolololllllllllllllllll off-season long avatar bet that doesn't happen

Offseason avatar bets with alts seems crazy. You going to lose, he'll be banned just into offseason. You get stuck with a avatar of shame while alt sits behind the internet laughing.

MRSA

Banned
Technology sucks.

The fancy lithium ion battery I bought for my motorcycle last year is DEAD. Should've went with a traditional battery for half the price.

bionic77

Sometimes, you have to lose it all to gain everything.
This winter, colin kaepernick is....

The Redeemer: The Story of How Colin Kaepernick Lost The Superbowl One Year but Then Came Back The Next Year and Won the Superbowl
More like it is the sequel to the Jim Kelly story. Chance to win it all against inferior opponent. Lose by slimmest of margins. Ends up being the highlight of life.

Much better is a stretch. Stafford generally has to actually play well for them to win. Kap..not so much.

no sense in penalizing kap for playing smart. yes we have a better team than the lions, no question about that. but kap doesn't put us in bad positions like stafford does to the lions. do you think the lions could've won that game without the 3 picks stafford threw? do you think the niners would've beaten the seahawks if kap shit the bed and threw 3+ ints?

squicken

Guy on the radio call said Cook "threw up his skirt" on this. Just totally avoids the contact and lets NO get the ball. He's clearly the hands guy assigned to make the recovery while the others block, and of course, wusses out

ivFrbHHCvbpYO.gif

LJ11

Not sure on Skov. I've heard that Stanford LBs are to be avoided. It's supposed to be really stacked for offensive tackles. Could be 7-8 in the first round. Rams are getting mocked Matthews b/c of Fisher's connection to Bruce Matthews, but that's meh. I'm more interested the FSU or Bama OTs. Haven't seen enough

Can't figure out if Barr is a legit #1 or is presented as such b/c he is a high effort guy and Clowney isn't. I said earlier I have no problem if STL decides to not trade down and take Clowney if the draft order stays the same

Quinn and Clowney would wreck OLs. Would definitely sign up for that.

Skov will do well against the run, it's the other part that worries me, and that's the part that worries me the most. On the other hand, a guy like Telvin Smith is built for today's NFL, coverage number one priority.

I'd rather have Robinson than Kouandjio, he's so dominate physically in the run game, he's on the attack and levels guys. Would sign up for a Cordy Glenn/Greg Robinson T situation for sure.

squicken

Skov will do well against the run, it's the other part that worries me, and that's the part that worries me the most. On the other hand, a guy like Telvin Smith is built for today's NFL, coverage number one priority.

Ogletree is getting better vs the run. Never going to be a thumper but he is improving against the run. When he can run and hit he can be devastating. Guards get to him and he's done. Hopefully he stays out of jail in the offseason

I do like this draft. Last year just sucked. Even the OL prospects weren't all that great. The only two I really liked were Cooper and Fluker. Seems like everyone had Warford as a sleeper haha

LJ11

LJ what are your thoughts on the DTs this year?

That's a tough one, I see some good players but I'm not sure how high their ceilings are. Watched a lot of Tuitt and Nix, Nix really played well last year but injury did him in this season. Really took a step forward from 2011 to 2012, dominated at times, wish he could've finished the year

Think Tuitt was a man without a position this year, especially on that defense, he's way too big to play DE, he's massive now. Probably a 3 tech at the next level, have to get him inside. Like him though, especially in a 3-4.

Easley was a guy to keep an eye on but he went down with an injury so he never really lived up to expectations, thought he played well last year, but Floyd was the guy who really stood out last season. He's a bit smaller than your average DT, but he's quick off the ball and can get underneath Guards due to his size. Probably more of a pass rusher.

FSU DT, Jernigan is hot and cold, watched a lot of FSU, but I was never really impressed with him, never thought he took a game over.

Will Sutton is an interest guy, only watched a couple of times this year, but focused in on him. He's a bowling ball, really round and short, but this helps with leverage. Hard to get under and turn a guy when he's so low to the ground. Doesn't give you much to block. Not sure how quick he is off the ball though, need to watch more. You could see him give guards trouble in the run game.

Last years class was very very good, hard to match.

Ogletree is getting better vs the run. Never going to be a thumper but he is improving against the run. When he can run and hit he can be devastating. Guards get to him and he's done. Hopefully he stays out of jail in the offseason

I do like this draft. Last year just sucked. Even the OL prospects weren't all that great. The only two I really liked were Cooper and Fluker. Seems like everyone had Warford as a sleeper haha

I thought it was a good one at certain positions, namely TE/WR/DT. G position was pretty weak outside the top two guys. Know nothing about the guards in this class.

Bowl season is definitely fun. As for the NC game, FSU is the most talented team in the country, should win easily but Malzahn's beaten teams with just as much talent. Should be a good one.

MRSA

Banned
Excited for bowl season to start this weekend, Fresno vs USC seems to be the biggest one this weekend

Fresno State Bullies vs University of Spoiled Cunts

Fresno State played against a pathetic MW conference as evident by their failure to beat San Jose State for a BCS bid. Granted neither team has any defense what so ever. Fales might be a better QB than Derrick Carr (Carr has a potential NFL WR). USC, well, USC is USC.

Tom Penny

no sense in penalizing kap for playing smart. yes we have a better team than the lions, no question about that. but kap doesn't put us in bad positions like stafford does to the lions. do you think the lions could've won that game without the 3 picks stafford threw? do you think the niners would've beaten the seahawks if kap shit the bed and threw 3+ ints?

Playing smart or is his team far better and they don't ask him to do anything? Do you honestly believe his current skill set translates league wide right now? I don't. Dude has a Fisher Price QB playbook overall when it comes to passing and SF can get away with it.

Fresno State Bullies vs University of Spoiled Cunts

Fresno State played against a pathetic MW conference as evident by their failure to beat San Jose State for a BCS bid. Granted neither team has any defense what so ever. Fales might be a better QB than Derrick Carr (Carr has a potential NFL WR). USC, well, USC is USC.
Haven't really seen much of Carr yet but not a fan right now, and I have a feeling the major outlets will start hyping Fales come draft time. Not saying I'm a fan though

i can't see us paying kap $20 mil. for the seahawks, they are basically a 5-7 win team without wussle and will be required to pay him top dollar. harbs can get kaps production from any qb he brings in. kap is a great talent but harbs can scheme around and we will still win games

Russell is smart enough not to ask for an insane second contract. I'm still pissed about trading for and paying Harvin. That contract might keep us from resigning Tate or Baldwin. Rice is gone for sure and Miller probably is as well with Willson playing better lately, so we might be able to keep both. I'd like to draft a WR in one of the first two rounds still though. We have to try to get Giacomini and McQuistan for cheap because we suck at drafting early Offensive Lineman.

Chancellor's deal is better than I thought it was when I first heard of it, and we still have another year before we have to resign Sherman and Thomas. Browner is gone for sure and Thurmond probably killed his market value with the suspension, so he shouldn't cost too much to resign if we want him back. Clemons might get cut if we want to resign Bennett, which I'm ok with. I think we'll end up drafting another defensive lineman in the first two rounds for more depth anyways.

squicken

Jim Harbaugh and Trent Baalke's competitive tension

- When does Jim Harbaugh ever volunteer specific information about acquiring a new player?

Just about never. Harbaugh almost never does, not intentionally.

So it was interesting Monday when Harbaugh gave a detailed answer about replacing fullback Bruce Miller, out with a broken scapula.

"We're bringing in Owen Marecic, hopefully en route, and we'll look at our options," Harbaugh said of his former Stanford fullback/linebacker.

And then... the 49ers didn't bring in Marecic and instead examined other fullback avenues.

What happened here?

Here's what: Though far from a franchise-turning moment, these machinations partly illuminated the crackling creative tension that fuels Harbaugh's relationship with general manager Trent Baalke.

Harbaugh wanted Marecic and pushed for him by making it public, Baalke didn't want him, and it all played out in front of us, if you were watching carefully.

Never drama in Seattle, where coach and GM are working together

Lets talk draft.

I'm looking at this LB class and there's some serious talent. Love Van Noy, had a down year, but he was awesome in 2012, seems like a really versatile player. Can blitz, cover, worried about his size in the run game though. Going to have to take on blocks at the next level, this ain't college where you can run around shit.

FSU guys are hammers, Auburn game will test them like no other. Kuechly had fits playing against Morris' bastardized version of Malzahn's O. Going to be a tough test for those two.

Skov looked very good when I watched Stanford, that entire team sheds blocks well. Good instincts and he's going to be good in a crowd, will stack up and get off a block. Worried about his athleticism, looks limited in coverage too.

Good crop of players this year, you can't go wrong at a number of positions. Elite WR talent, Elite TE talent (don't give a fuck if Amaro can't block), Elite LTs, and a couple of Elite Pass Rushers (though I'm not as high on Barr, looks a bit stiff but wtf do I know). Bridgewater is the goods but maybe he stays in school.

Good year to be drafting in the top 10-12! Great time of year for fans of bad football teams! Only a few more months until we're sadly disappointed once again!
...and the Giants still won't touch a linebacker.:) Though fans will go crazy, I wouldn't be shocked to see a WR taken. Nicks is gone and Randle isn't ready for prime time yet.

I'll take one of those elite tackles though!

MRSA

Banned
Haven't really seen much of Carr yet but not a fan right now, and I have a feeling the major outlets will start hyping Fales come draft time. Not saying I'm a fan though

If you watched David Carr play then you've watched Derek Carr play. Derek has a slightly stronger arm than his older brother. Derek's knock is like any other QB if you get in his face, bad things happen. He's been in the same spread system for awhile now so he's benefited from that.

I wouldn't mind David Fales as a 3rd day pick.

Top Bottom