• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 16 |OT| The Jungle

squicken

...and the Giants still won't touch a linebacker.:) Though fans will go crazy, I wouldn't be shocked to see a WR taken. Nicks is gone and Randle isn't ready for prime time yet.

I'll take one of those elite tackles though!

Seems like there is really good depth. I'm starting to adjust my thinking on those guys. I liked Fluker last year b/c I figured he could be a dominate guard if he couldn't handle tackle. But the more I see, I want a tackle that is good enough at pass pro but is a dominant run blocker. Smaller quicker guys seem less useful since defenses are less reliant on 1v1 edge rushers

Wes

venison crêpe
We still got to see what this guy off the Texans practice squad has got, a late rounder of anything next year.

Need a QB, WR, ILB and CB before RB.

Bortles staying in school? Boo.

We still got to see what this guy off the Texans practice squad has got, a late rounder of anything next year.

Did you get that from the OBR thread? I don't believe it, he said he was waiting till after the bowl game to make a decision. Tony Pauline reported he was 70/30 on coming out, and his Rb storm Johnson is probably leaving too
Edit: Wes I might go safety or before cb, been pretty impressed by Skrine. Skrines been a good player for us this year

Needs: a QB, WR/TE/OL just best offensive player available, ILB , S, cb depth, RB.

Wes

venison crêpe
Yeah saw it on OBR. Still don't know who I prefer most. Think our hand will be forced as to which QB we take depending on if we manage to lose out.

squicken

Remember the name Eric Ebron.

I bet when it's all said and done he goes top 10.

Brugler has been hyping him up all year over ASJ. No one is better than Amaro but I think all 3 go in the first round given trend of teams wanting their own Jimmy Grahams

LJ what are your thoughts on the DTs this year?

I love Aaron Donald from Pitt. Natural 3 tech. Dude will end up being a day 2 steal. I'm hoping the Raiders get him top of the 2nd.

If you watched David Carr play then you've watched Derek Carr play. Derek has a slightly stronger arm than his older brother. Derek's knock is like any other QB if you get in his face, bad things happen. He's been in the same spread system for awhile now so he's benefited from that.

I wouldn't mind David Fales as a 3rd day pick.

I think you're selling him a bit short. He has a much better arm than David and better mechanics in general. My biggest concern is he does tend to throw off his back foot a lot, and I am also always wary of spread QBs as well. I do think he can be a starter in the league, but I don't think I'd draft him in the top 5. Would prefer to trade down if we're in that position.

Not a fan of Fales at all. I like Jimmy Garoppolo much better as a 3rd day pick.

woodchuck

man, just when i thought we couldnt suck more, that happened. i wish all the coaching staff would have been fired in the post game

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
matthew-stafford-throkxfpj.gif

Look at Staffords eyes in this gif. Stafford goes through his reads but absolutely no one is open. He goes to Joquie Bell, but I guess there was some sort of miscommunication. Either way on a 3rd and 2, that was the second time we ran an empty backfield set on a 3rd and short. You have Kris Durham, Bell within 3 feet of each other with at least 4-5 defenders. That is just terrible playcalling.

Where Stafford screwed up was trying to force the issue. He should've just taken a sack or thrown the ball away. Either way that is something that can be fixed over time. I'll give Scam credit on how he has brought down his turnovers. That is something that can easily be fixed, but I have no clue why we didn't run the ball with our offensive line and a solid power runner like Bell.

Russell is smart enough not to ask for an insane second contract. I'm still pissed about trading for and paying Harvin. That contract might keep us from resigning Tate or Baldwin. Rice is gone for sure and Miller probably is as well with Willson playing better lately, so we might be able to keep both. I'd like to draft a WR in one of the first two rounds still though. We have to try to get Giacomini and McQuistan for cheap because we suck at drafting early Offensive Lineman.

Chancellor's deal is better than I thought it was when I first heard of it, and we still have another year before we have to resign Sherman and Thomas. Browner is gone for sure and Thurmond probably killed his market value with the suspension, so he shouldn't cost too much to resign if we want him back. Clemons might get cut if we want to resign Bennett, which I'm ok with. I think we'll end up drafting another defensive lineman in the first two rounds for more depth anyways.

lolololololol

MechDX

Um......that was Dennis JOhnson and the Texans signed him off your practice squad 3 weeks ago,

Brugler has been hyping him up all year over ASJ. No one is better than Amaro but I think all 3 go in the first round given trend of teams wanting their own Jimmy Grahams
I think Ebron and Amaro go in the first, but idk about ASJ. To me he looks kinda slow and just not as athletic as some of these other guys. But he does look like a bigger guy then the rest. I think he'll go top of the 2nd
Edit: Wes is talking about Edwin Baker Mech.

Playing smart or is his team far better and they don't ask him to do anything? Do you honestly believe his current skill set translates league wide right now? I don't. Dude has a Fisher Price QB playbook overall when it comes to passing and SF can get away with it.

kap does things when he needs to do them. there are maybe 3 or 4 QB's who could make some of the throws he made on sunday vs. the bucs. he has had mental lapses and is still learning how to identify pre-snap looks. he has only started about 20 games and he is getting better.

but i'm sure just like most of the talking heads at ESPN or NFLN or mike florio you watched a couple highlights here and there and say NINERS RUN VERNON ON A FLY PATTERN EVERY TIME IF NOT OPEN DIN KAP TAKE THE SACK

we actually run a complicated offense with tons of different looks, pre-snap shifting and different personnel. kap is not elite and he doesn't need to be but i think he is a good QB. if the mental side catches up with his physical talents then he will be elite

MechDX

I think Ebron and Amaro go in the first, but idk about ASJ. To me he looks kinda slow and just not as athletic as some of these other guys. But he does look like a bigger guy then the rest. I think he'll go top of the 2nd
Edit: Wes is talking about Edwin Baker Mech.

we never had anyone named Edwin.

Either way don't forget the talk that the Browns were going to go hard after Ben Tate in free agency. Of course you need to pair him up with Matt Schaub. Kaves Destiny

we never had anyone named Edwin.

Either way don't forget the talk that the Browns were going to go hard after Ben Tate in free agency. Of course you need to pair him up with Matt Schaub. Kaves Destiny
From wiki on baker
On December 10, 2013, the Cleveland Browns signed Baker to their active roster, off of the Houston Texans practice squad.[3] In his debut, on December 15, 2013 against the Chicago Bears, Baker scored his first touchdown in the NFL on a short touchdown run, though the Browns lost 38-31.[4]
And I just can't see the Browns paying big money for a Rb, kinda goes along with the trading Trent thing. We'll go with a guy in the draft. And idk why the texans would let go of Tate, it's not like Foster can stay healthy for a whole season.

MechDX

From wiki on baker

And I just can't see the Browns paying big money for a Rb, kinda goes along with the trading Trent thing. We'll go with a guy in the draft. And idk why the texans would let go of Tate, it's not like Foster can stay healthy for a whole season.

RB's don't get "big money" in FA any longer. Tate does have a history of nagging injuries and fumbling issues. Perfect fit for Cleveland.

squicken

The editing on this Marty Football Life really sucks. It's really not done well and seems so amateurish with the family interviews

kap

we actually run a complicated offense with tons of different looks, pre-snap shifting and different personnel. kap is not elite and he doesn't need to be but i think he is a good QB. if the mental side catches up with his physical talents then he will be elite

Not trolling, but to me, it seems like Kap still can't make touch passes very well. Can't drop it over the LBs but in front of safeties. That VD throw was incredible but it was a rifle shot. It's the finesse throws he seems to struggle with, at least when I see him play

Greg

Look at Staffords eyes in this gif. Stafford goes through his reads but absolutely no one is open. He goes to Joquie Bell, but I guess there was some sort of miscommunication. Either way on a 3rd and 2, that was the second time we ran an empty backfield set on a 3rd and short. You have Kris Durham, Bell within 3 feet of each other with at least 4-5 defenders. That is just terrible playcalling.

Where Stafford screwed up was trying to force the issue. He should've just taken a sack or thrown the ball away. Either way that is something that can be fixed over time. I'll give Scam credit on how he has brought down his turnovers. That is something that can easily be fixed, but I have no clue why we didn't run the ball with our offensive line and a solid power runner like Bell.
I thought from the other camera angle behind Stafford last night it was pretty clear he was trying to lead Durham. It was a good idea, but with the way the ball was delivered around the defender he had no chance to know it was coming to ever make a play on it.

Could be wrong though - I remember that was my impression from it last night.

Was this posted yet? Lulz

Not trolling, but to me, it seems like Kap still can't make touch passes very well. Can't drop it over the LBs but in front of safeties. That VD throw was incredible but it was a rifle shot. It's the finesse throws he seems to struggle with, at least when I see him play

Nope your right he still struggles with reading his progressions, some spotty pocket awareness, happy feet, and doesn't often hit the finesse pass.

The editing on this Marty Football Life really sucks. It's really not done well and seems so amateurish with the family interviews

agreed. he has shown some additional touch as the season has gone on (threw a beautiful touch pass witch pressure in his face against the seahawks putting it just out of the LB's reach) but he's not even close where we need him to be. he also refuses to throw check downs for some reason, but has shown a bit of improvement there (mostly with bruce miller).

no one said kap is elite and who knows if he ever will be but i feel like he has a good enough coaching staff around him to get there. every QB is somewhat a product of the talent around him and i think kap getting crabtree and manningham back has made things a bit easier on him

Tom Penny

kap does things when he needs to do them. there are maybe 3 or 4 QB's who could make some of the throws he made on sunday vs. the bucs. he has had mental lapses and is still learning how to identify pre-snap looks. he has only started about 20 games and he is getting better.

but i'm sure just like most of the talking heads at ESPN or NFLN or mike florio you watched a couple highlights here and there and say NINERS RUN VERNON ON A FLY PATTERN EVERY TIME IF NOT OPEN DIN KAP TAKE THE SACK

He's an average QB right now.He would not make any team currently in the playoffs any better than they are right now. When a QB can complete 6 passes and win by 30 it isn't because he's the badass...

Top Bottom