• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 16 |OT| The Jungle

cdyhybrid

we made a lot of good adjustments keeping him in the pocket as well in the 2nd game. thats why we smashed them in the 2nd half and wussle had like 30 yards passing. that or he got shook after bowman destroyed him on the first drive. never saw him keep it once on the QB read option nor did he have any interest in trying to run when outside the pocket. maybe cheatin' pete remembered this delicious shot

russell-wilson-rocked-2.gif

That hit did nothing to Russell. Look at his guns!

6uq6fHx.jpg

squicken

Listening to Simmons whine about Amendola not catching that TD catch at the end of the Miami game. Why would you expect him to catch that? Welker doesn't catch that either. It's not a catch you ask a small slot WR to make vs tight coverage.

It's funny b/c that game reminded me of the Rams game vs MIA last year. STL had a ton of yards but had no player who could do anything in the Red Zone, so they settled for FGs, and just like Gostowski, GZ didn't have a great game

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/201210140mia.htm

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
I'm aware, it was just idle speculation. I'd frankly like to see QB completion percentage minus dropped passes for all the quarterbacks in the league. Its just such a subjective and complicated to measure stat, though, that I doubt it'll ever come to pass.

Gruden mentioned it on the broadcast, but some of Stafford's drops are on him for throwing the ball from off angles so they're harder to pick up. Especially the short stuff.

aVXr1Yu.jpg

Not hipster enough for gaf

They sell those? Link me, I may need to get a demoman for next Halloween. It needs to have a super douchey collar, like chan's, too.

That hit did nothing to Russell. Look at his guns!

6uq6fHx.jpg

of course his arms are getting bigger and bigger. when you use PEDs they don't get smaller

p.s.

if the hit did nothing then why'd cheatin' pete whine about it after the game similar to a seahawks fan crying about the beats by dre commercial!

Listening to Simmons whine about Amendola not catching that TD catch at the end of the Miami game. Why would you expect him to catch that? Welker doesn't catch that either. It's not a catch you ask a small slot WR to make vs tight coverage.

It's funny b/c that game reminded me of the Rams game vs MIA last year. STL had a ton of yards but had no player who could do anything in the Red Zone, so they settled for FGs, and just like Gostowski, GZ didn't have a great game

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/201210140mia.htm

He did catch it though, the guy knocked it out.

cdyhybrid

of course his arms are getting bigger and bigger. when you use PEDs they don't get smaller

p.s.

if the hit did nothing then why'd cheatin' pete whine about it after the game similar to a seahawks fan crying about the beats by dre commercial!

Pete just wants the refs to call things fair and square! Kam gets flagged for a perfectly clean hit on VD but our QB gets blown up behind the play and the refs do nothing.

Pete just wants the refs to call things fair and square! Kam gets flagged for a perfectly clean hit on VD but our QB gets blown up behind the play and the refs do nothing.

defenseless receiver isn't legal brah, especially when you are so roided up that you could potentially kill someone. thankfully with the NFL's testing policies it's only a matter of time before kam and the rest get suspended like browner and all of the others who have been caught cheating!

squicken

He did catch it though, the guy knocked it out.

But a stronger player holds on to the ball. That's why teams want big WRs and TEs to use in the RZ and on 3rd downs. SEA has smaller WRs that are good at winning contented passes, and Jordy Nelosn is also exceptional at it. But mostly it's the 6'2" and bigger guys that make those plays

But a stronger player holds on to the ball. That's why teams want big WRs and TEs to use in the RZ and on 3rd downs. SEA has smaller WRs that are good at winning contented passes, and Jordy Nelosn is also exceptional at it. But mostly it's the 6'2" and bigger guys that make those plays

Thats true. But they didnt have any outside receivers. Only had Amendola, Edelman and Austin Collie. It was just a good play the defender.

cdyhybrid

defenseless receiver isn't legal brah, especially when you are so roided up that you could potentially kill someone. thankfully with the NFL's testing policies it's only a matter of time before kam and the rest get suspended like browner and all of the others who have been caught cheating!

VD is more roided up than anyone on our team, brah. Ain't no 6'2" 250lbers running 4.3s over here!

Milchjon

Reading Nate Silver's book, he almost manages to make baseball sound fascinating :-

Minor side question:
When people talk about the "big leagues" in plural, is that because AL and NL are counted as separate leagues?

Reading Nate Silver's book, he almost manages to make baseball sound fascinating :-

Minor side question:
When people talk about the "big leagues" in plural, is that because AL and NL are counted as separate leagues?

I thought the movie Moneyball was really good even though it was about baseball, but then I think about actual baseball and ZzzZZzZzzzz....

squicken

Minor side question:

There were once two separate profession baseball leagues. They agreed to play a World Series to determine the best team in baseball. They eventually merged as a business but still didn't play each other except for the World Series. Now it's more like the Conferences in football

But "big leagues" is used outside of baseball to indicate an increased level of difficulty or competition

Tom Penny

Teams want big WR's because they have a larger catch radius and can win jump balls in one on one situations so the QB has a larger window to throw to especially in tight areas like the redzone.

Milchjon

Thanks!

Next question:
How the fuck is the Minor League system working? I just can't believe there's enough public interest to support 240 teams playing middling (I assume) baseball... Or are people flocking in because it's a good excuse for beer and hot dogs?

Fox318

Whats the best part is the Rays didn't get a stadium and they gave it to Loria.

And there will never be another publicly funded stadium in Florida for the next 50 years. So the Dolphins, Jags, Rays, and Bucs will all move to new cities.

Greg

Thanks!

Next question:
How the fuck is the Minor League system working? I just can't believe there's enough public interest to support 240 teams playing middling (I assume) baseball... Or are people flocking in because it's a good excuse for beer and hot dogs?
I don't know about flocking (3k attendance average for the local team here), but that's the only reason I go

Thursday is dollar beer and hotdog night!

Thanks!

Next question:

they're based in smaller cities so while most people will support a major league team it's still nice to go out to watch a game without traveling far or paying as much.

But you'd have a championship!

lol and yet I still hate baseball

Thanks!

Next question:

I know a lot of people that go to dodger games....and that's the only reason they go because I know they couldn't give a damn about the actual team

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Let's see.

The local AAA team averages 8k a game. 70 home games a year. Figure $20/person/game. Damn, that's a lot of money!

Thanks!

Next question:

Pretty much.

There are few experiences in sports better than spending a Saturday or Sunday afternoon chilling at the ballpark with a frank and a cold
soda
in your hand. The in-stadium experience for baseball>>>>>>>>>>>>the in-stadium experience for football.

Fox318

Thanks!

Next question:

If you ever come to America you should go to some Minor league games. One of the best features about baseball is that every field is different and each team designed their team based on the ball park that they play in. Minor league games get even crazier and they are all guys that are trying desperately to make the next jump.

My life goal is to go to every MLB, NPB, KBO, and Minor league stadium for a game.

I know I shouldn't but I'm going to bite.

For as much shit you give Kaep, RGIII, and Luck about being "one season wonders" you continually neglect the fact Stafford has had one good year. He was terrible last year and is regressing again this year. Look at what BIGAT posted 35% completion % in the fourth quarter in the past five games.

Stafford was never accurate coming out of college and he isn't accurate now. It isn't a slump, its a regression to the mean. I have not seen Stafford grow in the past two seasons and that has nothing to do with playcalling or coaching. He is Tomo Romo Jr, slings it out there with reckless abandonment and he's going to turn the ball over.

He isn't elite, he isn't even consistent - except for consistently bad. Sure he has a nice tight spiral, but when its going into the arms of defenders or into the dirt who the fuck cares?

This. Ultimately Stafford is regressing and being babied by his OC/coach. Quick slants, screen passes, and the occasional downfield bomb that he misses on at least 70% of the time. He's not good.

The saving grace could be a coach who can fix his mechanics. From what I've heard, Phillip Rivers has greatly improved this year. Romo also improving his passing motion.

Stafford has at least one or two batted down balls a game due to his throwing mechanics, yet no one on the bench is saying shit to him. That's a problem. If I was paying him 90mil I'd want to fix this shit ASAP. Bring in someone who can help him, and send Schwartz and shitty Linehan packing no matter what happens.

Stafford decides who he's going to pass it to before the ball even snaps, then rockets it to that player. It's just not good QB play.

effzee

But losing the game means nothing. We wouldn't be eliminated from the playoffs even if Dallas wins. This game is basically a freebie.

Well if Dallas loses at 1pm, the Eagles can clinch the division with a win over the Bears.

I get that losing the game doesn't cost them anything because the following week is a must win no matter what if Dallas wins.

We are all Redskins fans this week. Cousins pls.

bionic77

most of the women tower over him as well lulz
Niners time has passed. Don't be like this FMT.

Be graceful in defeat like the Steelers. Us fans of dynasties have to keep things respectable.

You gotta take control of the Niner thugs running wild drinking their piss and stabbing each other.

Niners time has passed. Don't be like this FMT.

Be graceful in defeat like the Steelers. Us fans of dynasties have to keep things respectable.

You gotta take control of the Niner thugs running wild drinking their piss and stabbing each other.

you stick to what you know best: head hunting helpless punters and interfering with kick returns. niners have business to conduct in the playoffs this year!

bionic77

you stick to what you know best: head hunting helpless punters and interfering with kick returns. niners have business to conduct in the playoffs this year!
Let's not count your chickens before Nameless can piss on them. The Niners could still miss the playoffs and some virgin stat guy told me the Steelers could make it.

But stop calling Tomlin dumb, that's totally racist. And we have to KO punters. Those are the only players we can actually tackle. The other guys are too darned fast...

LJ11

Lets talk draft.

I'm looking at this LB class and there's some serious talent. Love Van Noy, had a down year, but he was awesome in 2012, seems like a really versatile player. Can blitz, cover, worried about his size in the run game though. Going to have to take on blocks at the next level, this ain't college where you can run around shit.

I must be missing something with Mosley, not a hater, I just don't see it. Don't see a sideline to sideline guy, I question his speed, kept clean a lot at Bama. Lot of top 10 talk, by respectable folks too, I just don't know. I felt Kuechly and David were 1a and 1b when they came out, don't think Mosley is better than either.

FSU guys are hammers, Auburn game will test them like no other. Kuechly had fits playing against Morris' bastardized version of Malzahn's O. Going to be a tough test for those two.

Skov looked very good when I watched Stanford, that entire team sheds blocks well. Good instincts and he's going to be good in a crowd, will stack up and get off a block. Worried about his athleticism, looks limited in coverage too.

Good crop of players this year, you can't go wrong at a number of positions. Elite WR talent, Elite TE talent (don't give a fuck if Amaro can't block), Elite LTs, and a couple of Elite Pass Rushers (though I'm not as high on Barr, looks a bit stiff but wtf do I know). Bridgewater is the goods but maybe he stays in school.

Good year to be drafting in the top 10-12! Great time of year for fans of bad football teams! Only a few more months until we're sadly disappointed once again!

bionic77

Lets talk draft.

I'm looking at this LB class and there's some serious talent. Love Van Noy, had a down year, but he was awesome in 2012, seems like a really versatile player. Can blitz, cover, worried about his size in the run game though. Going to have to take on blocks at the next level, this ain't college where you can run around shit.

I must be missing something with Mosley, not a hater, I just don't see it. Don't see a sideline to sideline guy, I question his speed, kept clean a lot at Bama. Lot of top 10 talk, by respectable folks too, I just don't know. I felt Kuechly and David were 1a and 1b when they came out, don't think Mosley is better than either.

FSU guys are hammers, Auburn game will test them like no other. Kuechly had fits playing against Morris' bastardized version of Malzahn's O. Going to be a tough test for those two.

Skov looked very good when I watched Stanford, that entire team sheds blocks well. Good instincts and he's going to be good in a crowd, will stack up and get off a block. Worried about his athleticism, looks limited in coverage too.

Good crop of players this year, you can't go wrong at a number of positions. Elite WR talent, Elite TE talent (don't give a fuck if Amaro can't block), Elite LTs, and a couple of Elite Pass Rushers (though I'm not as high on Barr, looks a bit stiff but wtf do I know). Bridgewater is the goods but maybe he stays in school.

Good year to be drafting in the top 10-12!
Sweet!

Top Bottom