• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 16 |OT| The Jungle

Don't watch college football so I don't have a bead on anybody coming out. I've read it's a tackle heavy draft though. I'm still married to the idea of Adams panning out so I want the Steelers to go skill in the first, but if it's backer heavy too a penetrating ILB will be just fine.

MechDX

She's hot mech. But don't worry, I've been to the future. Your Qb is Teddy or Carr :)

I don't know about that. Texans GM Rick Smith has become rather chunmy lately with Peter King. How do you think King broke the news about Kubiak getting fired before anyone else? Then Kings comments about Bortles "from a top 10 picking team" that he could be the #1 pick.

I like the comments that he is a combination of Rothlesberger and Farve. Penis pics and plus sized frat girls for everyone!

He's an average QB right now.He would not make any team currently in the playoffs any better than they are right now. When a QB can complete 6 passes and win by 30 it isn't because he's the badass...

lol that game was 21-0 within the blink of an eye. kap also led 2 scoring drives by extending plays on 3rd downs and threw for a TD to GET the score to 21-0. game was never in doubt and if we needed kap to do it he would've done it. sucks that we have an intelligent coaching staff and game plan :/

kap is top 10 in the league in YPA but one of the lower in yardage. he benefits from our great defense but he is also hurt in the eyes of idiots who don't actually watch the games because they say "LOL ZOMG KAP ONLY HAD 150 YARDS PASSING WHAT A FUCKIN' LOSER! TAKE A LOOK AT STAFFORD 375 YARDS PASSING AND ONLY 4 PICKS!"

i think kap is in the 10-15 qb range. don't think he's great but i think he is also above average. we'll find out what he's made of in these next few games. falcons game should be a cake walk but you never know. cards game will be tough because their defense is so good. then we likely go to a cold weather game for the wild card and bad weather for the rest of the playoffs however far we go (unless new orleans beats carolina which they wont)

cashman

Banned
http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/cowboys/post/_/id/4721605/jerry-why-dont-i-get-someone-to-be-the-gm

IRVING, Texas -- The Dallas Cowboys' prolonged run of mediocrity, which has produced one playoff win in 17 seasons, has featured one constant.

That, of course, leads to one logical question. And one absolutely illogical answer.

Jones
Jones
"It's often said that, why don't I get someone to be the GM?" Jerry Jones said Tuesday on 105.3 The Fan. "Why don't I get someone to pick the players? Well, who in the world do you think that person when they walk through the door and say, ‘We want to get this player or we want to pay this player,' what in the world do you think I'm going to do? I'm going to sit down and I'm going to go through it and I'm going to say, ‘Show me the player. Show me everything about the player before I write the check. Show me the player and let me see everything about the player.'

"Well, rather than that have happen, I get involved in it and know everything about the players before they get to the door. That, if you've got the time to do it, that's a better way to do it."

Why hire an architect when you've got time to decide how you want your house to look, right? Never mind that you keep building houses with leaky roofs and crumbling foundations.

Jerry is just too stubborn to admit the Cowboys would be better off if he got out of the way and just focused on his strength, which is being one of the premier marketing men in sports history. He refuses to admit that he's a football fool, and he has three Lombardi Trophies in his office to show anyone who wants to argue otherwise. (Jimmy who?!)

Much breath has been wasted on this maddening subject over the years, but Jerry has made it clear he didn't buy this fancy toy to let somebody else play with it.

He'll change coaches and the roster on a regular basis. But the GM who can't get it right has a job for life.

/wrists

Well it took me long enough, but I'd say I just about emotionally divorced myself from the Cowboys.

I don't know about that. Texans GM Rick Smith has become rather chunmy lately with Peter King. How do you think King broke the news about Kubiak getting fired before anyone else? Then Kings comments about Bortles "from a top 10 picking team" that he could be the #1 pick.

I like the comments that he is a combination of Rothlesberger and Farve. Penis pics and plus sized frat girls for everyone!
The comment was that a top 10 pick had Bortles at number one on Their Qb board.....and I honestly believe that that Browns from what I've read and heard. Bortles and JFF are my top Qb picks, but I believe they would both have a good opportunity to sit be hens Hoyer/Campbell and learn.
Edit: browns Qb situation throughout the years has been so chaotic, I just want stability.

I don't get the Bortles hype. Inaccurate, inconsistent, single read offense, bad footwork.
What are you thoughts on Carr then? It's not like Bortles came out of nowhere, he would of been a top 10 pick next year. People just haven't considered him because they all assumed he'd stay In school.

What are you thoughts on Carr then? It's not like Bortles came out of nowhere, he would of been a top 10 pick next year. People just haven't considered him because they all assumed he'd stay In school.

I'm not as high on him as I was but would still take him over Bortles.

squicken

Are the chiefs playing Marty Ball right now?

SEA, SF and CAR are the closest to Martyball. I'd say CAR is closest, but a lot of what makes Martyball is the extremely conservative punt, FG stuff, which Rivera has ditched. Harbs likes him some FGs I guess. But all three of those teams want to run more than pass

http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/cowboys/post/_/id/4721605/jerry-why-dont-i-get-someone-to-be-the-gm

/wrists

Well it took me long enough, but I'd say I just about emotionally divorced myself from the Cowboys.

Jerry can't resign as GM. If they won he wouldn't get any satisfaction from it, b/c it would make him look stupid for wasting all those years. It would prove he never knew anything about football, and it was always Jimmy and Parcells who built the only winners he has had.

At this point, he's happier being in charge and losing than he can ever be relinquishing control. It's messed up but that's the corner he has backed himself into.

MechDX

You guys got me all interested in draft talk but then I remembered we do not have a head coach yet. Wish there was some news on interviews actually happening. Not real sure what the Texans FO is waiting on. They can talk to Lovie Smith now and get O'Brien in for an interview as well.

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
I have 1200 resting on wether I play Deangelo williams or Bobby Rainey

hmmmmmm...

also I have Jamaal Charles so I'm sure I won't need an RB 2 or flex anyway. Just saying.

My biggest decision on championship week is who to play as my third WR. I'm torn between Hilton, Boldin, or Amendola. Doubtful any of them will have a big impact one way or another.

Drakeon

My biggest decision on championship week is who to play as my third WR. I'm torn between Hilton, Boldin, or Amendola. Doubtful any of them will have a big impact one way or another.

At least Boldin is against a shitty defense in Atlanta. Not that it guarantees he'll get any touchdowns. FF is such a crapshoot.

Tom Penny

lol that game was 21-0 within the blink of an eye. kap also led 2 scoring drives by extending plays on 3rd downs and threw for a TD to GET the score to 21-0. game was never in doubt and if we needed kap to do it he would've done it. sucks that we have an intelligent coaching staff and game plan :/

kap is top 10 in the league in YPA but one of the lower in yardage. he benefits from our great defense but he is also hurt in the eyes of idiots who don't actually watch the games because they say "LOL ZOMG KAP ONLY HAD 150 YARDS PASSING WHAT A FUCKIN' LOSER! TAKE A LOOK AT STAFFORD 375 YARDS PASSING AND ONLY 4 PICKS!"

i think kap is in the 10-15 qb range. don't think he's great but i think he is also above average. we'll find out what he's made of in these next few games. falcons game should be a cake walk but you never know. cards game will be tough because their defense is so good. then we likely go to a cold weather game for the wild card and bad weather for the rest of the playoffs however far we go (unless new orleans beats carolina which they wont)

I can't think of 15 teams would be better with Kap as QB right now. Certainly not 20.

Farooq

Banned

/wrists

On the bright side, years of losing has made us the most emotionally stable fan base in the NFL.

http://online.wsj.com/news/articles/SB10001424127887324123004579055092963796698

Dallas, which finished the season with a mediocre 8-8 record, had the most stable fan base, with a score of 4.8.

Most emotionally unstable fan bases after win/loss?

steelefansthumb-png

Steelers are highlighted because I took the image from Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

Probably a repost, but whatever.

I can't think of 15 teams would be better with Kap as QB right now. Certainly not 20.

Then we will agree to disagree. I've provided my points and all you've said is one time he completed 6 passes in a blowout game.

It's a no win situation for kap. If we blow teams out early and run out the clock he doesn't have enough yards. If we win a close game he had nothing to do with it, it was the defense. If we lose well it's all his fault because you have an elite defense.

I really don't care who our qb is, I'm just glad we have a good coaching staff who will always get production out of the qb.

Ps

Here are teams that would be better with kap:

Bills jets dolphins browns jags titans texans chiefs raiders redskins vikings lions bucs cards rams

And that is allowing for some legacy ratings even though kap could've improved a team this particular year (giants for instance)

Syrinx

On the bright side, years of losing has made us the most emotionally stable fan base in the NFL.

http://online.wsj.com/news/articles/SB10001424127887324123004579055092963796698

Most emotionally unstable fan bases after win/loss?

steelefansthumb-png

Steelers are highlighted because I took the image from Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

Probably a repost, but whatever.
How can Lions fans be second saddest after losses? You'd think they'd get at least a little numb to it after a while.

MRSA

Banned
I think you're selling him a bit short. He has a much better arm than David and better mechanics in general. My biggest concern is he does tend to throw off his back foot a lot, and I am also always wary of spread QBs as well. I do think he can be a starter in the league, but I don't think I'd draft him in the top 5. Would prefer to trade down if we're in that position.

Not a fan of Fales at all. I like Jimmy Garoppolo much better as a 3rd day pick.

I wouldn't say its much better than David, they're similar, they both throw ducks. He doesn't have an elite arm. I attribute more of his success towards the spread and Davante Adams.This Las Vegas Bowl will determine if Carr is any good or not. It'll be the best talent he's gone up against since last year against Oregon (Not like Oregon had an amazing defense). USC's defense is subpar for a BCS team, but it'll probably the best D Fresno State will have gone up against.

And Garoppolo? FCS? You want the Raiders to have the second coming of Flacco? Granted D-1AA gave us Kurt Warner and Demarcus Ware, simply too hard to find a diamond in the rough in FCS. It did give us the LOLs in Tony Romo though. Which from my understanding Garoppolo is comparable to.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
SEA, SF and CAR are the closest to Martyball. I'd say CAR is closest, but a lot of what makes Martyball is the extremely conservative punt, FG stuff, which Rivera has ditched. Harbs likes him some FGs I guess. But all three of those teams want to run more than pass.
Seattle actually doesn't. We want to run a balanced offense where run and pass get equal attention, but in today's NFL that translates into "run heavy" because nobody does an actual run heavy offense anymore. Accordingly, combine this with our focus on explosive plays and you see chunk yardage coming from both the run and the pass. One isn't simply playing a support role for the other.

My week is ruined when the Steelers lose, so I agree with that.

In news that surprises absolutely no one, Don't expect to see Percy Harvin before the playoffs.

Heals up just enough to play his old team, then gets just enough of an ouchie to coast until the postseason. Harvin's got it all figured out.

I vented my frustration two pages ago about the trade and contract so I'm trying to hold off from doing it again.

oneHeero

You guys got me all interested in draft talk but then I remembered we do not have a head coach yet. Wish there was some news on interviews actually happening. Not real sure what the Texans FO is waiting on. They can talk to Lovie Smith now and get O'Brien in for an interview as well.
I'm happy w Garrett. I think he should be the playcaller and they should give me a private line to him when we are in critical drives so I can give him the right plays to run.

This year we are prolly drafting all defense with a olinemen in the later rounds

We need a pass rush, another lb, and a safety.

jakncoke

Banned
Don't watch college football so I don't have a bead on anybody coming out. I've read it's a tackle heavy draft though. I'm still married to the idea of Adams panning out so I want the Steelers to go skill in the first, but if it's backer heavy too a penetrating ILB will be just fine.

Jerry-Mouse-Facepalm%5B1%5D.jpg

WedgeX

Banned
How can Lions fans be second saddest after losses? You'd think they'd get at least a little numb to it after a while.

It's a constant sad rather than bursts of sadness. The depths of football sorrow haunt us daily.

Fucking whiney Steelers fans. Lose for a couple of seasons and suddenly they're the most sad ever!

Last time the Lions could be truly happy it was against the original Browns in the 50s!

jakncoke

Banned
It's a constant sad rather than bursts of sadness. The depths of football sorrow haunt us daily.

Fucking whiney Steelers fans. Lose for a couple of seasons and suddenly they're the most sad ever!

Last time the Lions could be truly happy it was against the original Browns in the 50s!

When you're used to winning it's hard to adjust. But hey despite our suck this year we still havent had a 5 win or less season since 1988! I really thought we were heading towards a 4 win or less season which hasnt happened since 1969!

RBH

Aaron Rodgers plans to practice Wednesday, but the Green Bay Packers quarterback doesn't sound optimistic his next scan will reveal significant changes to the status of his injured collarbone.

"I think you can probably guess," Rodgers said on his weekly ESPN radio show. "I have an idea what it's going to look like based on the previous one, the amount of days we have between scans, project that forward to a similar amount of days and have a pretty good idea and provide over-radiation."

As has been the case in recent weeks, Rodgers will be on the practice field Wednesday. It's likely Matt Flynn will continue to see the bulk of the starter reps.

"My hope," Rodgers said, "is that I practice tomorrow and experience no setbacks, mentally or physically, and then we'll go from there."

Rodgers said he felt more like himself in practice last week. The quarterback was asked if it got heated when he was told he'd be inactive for a sixth straight game.

"Sadness and frustration. But not anger," Rodgers said. "I have a ton of respect for (Dr.) Pat (McKenzie). He does an incredible job."

"Sometimes those guys need to save you from yourself."

If Rodgers remains sidelined, Flynn will make his fourth consecutive start when the Packers host the Pittsburgh Steelers on Sunday. Flynn engineered five second-half touchdown drives in Green Bay's dramatic Week 15 win over the Dallas Cowboys.

The Packers will win the NFC North with wins in their final two weeks, which includes the Week 17 finale against the Chicago Bears at Soldier Field.
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap20...dgers-plans-to-practice-for-green-bay-packers

Top Bottom