• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 16 |OT| The Jungle

Dragon

Banned
You are aware that in 2000 we went 5 games without scoring a touchdown right? Idc how we win as long as we win. The ravens are playing at a level capable of beating any team in the afc right now in my opinion so I can talk all the shit I want. Especially being defending Super Bowl champs.

:jnc

Comparing this Ravens team to the team that had one of the best defenses in NFL history.

You are aware that in 2000 we went 5 games without scoring a touchdown right? Idc how we win as long as we win. The ravens are playing at a level capable of beating any team in the afc right now in my opinion so I can talk all the shit I want. Especially being defending Super Bowl champs.

Ravens can beat and lose to anyone in the afc right now just like the Patriots can.

jakncoke

Banned
I was more commenting on how you're talking shit for a team that had to win on a 61 yard field goal last week and didn't score one touchdown. I don't think the Patriots are any better than the Ravens and with the Ravens being at home I'm not confident at all. That still doesn't mean the Ravens are all that good though.

Once jakncoke goes to the personal attacks I would just tell him that he types like a 12 year old and move on.

Your mother is a hamster, and your father smells of ELDER BERRIES!

People in this thread are defending that hit on the Bengals Punter? You're fucking insane.

There's no doubt that the hit was a bit excessive and unnecessary, but the idea that someone who is actively trying to make a play on the ball and ultimately make a tackle, is considered defenseless is ridiculous.

ShaneB

And you're canadian, we all have our faults man.

I like being Canadian! =)

There's no doubt that the hit was a bit excessive and unnecessary, but the idea that someone who is actively trying to make a play on the ball and ultimately make a tackle, is considered defenseless is ridiculous.

My comment is more based around the idea there is no doubt a better way to lay a block on a punter, instead of leveling the defenceless guy into next week.

njean777

I still see no problem with that hit, that punter should have been paying attention. That is what happens when you do not. I do not like these rules of not being able to hit certain people because they are "fragile". Same goes with the new QB rules, why not just make the game flag football already and call it a day if you are so worried about injuries. Late hits I can understand, but that is about it.

The game revolves around being hit over and over, you know this when you sign up. There is always a danger of being injured in a game as physical as football, rugby, boxing, wrestling, etc.

I just think it was a completely unnecessary way to tackle a guy that's just standing around, the dude tried to hurt him and he did, if he wanted to just tackle the guy and bring him down he easily could have done so without breaking bones.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
If the rules are going to be different for different players, they should send them out in different jerseys. How is one player supposed to recognize a special protected player on a broken play? Simple, no pads and a pink goalie shirt.

I just think it was a completely unnecessary way to tackle a guy that's just standing around, the dude tried to hurt him and he did, if he wanted to just tackle the guy and bring him down he easily could have done so without breaking bones.

I'm not arguing that the hit was a good hit, it wasn't. I'm arguing against Dean Blandino's comment that the hit should have been flagged for being against a defenseless player. He's a football player (and specifically in that case, a defending football player), if he's on the field he should have his head on a swivel and he should be prepared to take a hit.

A wideout or tight end coming over the middle, I understand. I understand that designation for QBs (even if I think they have unfairly shrunk the target zone for legal hits against the QB), but not a guy who's trying to make a tackle on a special teams return.

I'm not arguing that the hit was a good hit, it wasn't. I'm arguing against Dean Blandino's comment that the hit should have been flagged for being against a defenseless player. He's a football player (and specifically in that case, a defending football player), if he's on the field he should have his head on a swivel and he should be prepared to take a hit.

A wideout or tight end coming over the middle, I understand. I understand that designation for QBs (even if I think they have unfairly shrunk the target zone for legal hits against the QB), but not a guy who's trying to make a tackle on a special teams return.

I agree that the rule is bullshit especially for QBs, but if players weren't out to injure instead of tackling the rule wouldn't be necessary, in the case of this play it should have been called just for unnecessary roughness in general, I don't care who the player was, that hit was just dirty.

Okay, Duck Dynasty is hilarious.

Nope. Nope. Not even once.

I give them credit for cashing in on their brief moment of fame. Dudes are releasing ghost-written autobiographies and signing the dotted line on every licensing deal out there.

I saw they had a Christmas album when I last went to the book store. I'm sure it's every bit as good as their show.

I agree that the rule is bullshit especially for QBs, but if players weren't out to injure instead of tackling the rule wouldn't be necessary, in the case of this play it should have been called just for unnecessary roughness in general, I don't care who the player was, that hit was just dirty.

What the fuck is this out to injure?

huber_medium.jpg

What a thug that guy is burying his shoulder into that guys chest!

Milchjon

Nope. Nope. Not even once.

I give them credit for cashing in on their brief moment of fame. Dudes are releasing ghost-written autobiographies and signing the dotted line on every licensing deal out there.

I saw they had a Christmas album when I last went to the book store. I'm sure it's every bit as good as their show.

Come on. I'm watching a random episode for the first time, and I'm laughing my butt off.

As I said before this incident isn't worth talking about outside of butthurt cincy fans (who don't show up all season but to complain about those mean Steelers). A punter with no common sense got blown up.

jakncoke

Banned
As I said before this incident isn't worth talking about outside of butthurt cincy fans (who don't show up all season but to complain about those mean Steelers). A punter with no common sense got blown up.

That is true, Bengals nation has been ghost. Is Firex banned? Im shocked he didnt come in kicking and screaming

dionysus

Yaldog
Northern Louisiana is such a different world from Southern Louisiana. Could be an entirely different state.

Northern Louisiana is the traditional Bible Belt South. South Louisiana is a bunch of coonass whore of Babylon worshipping displaced canadians who can't find anything better to eat than water roaches drowned in red pepper.

Wrayfield

If the rules are going to be different for different players, they should send them out in different jerseys. How is one player supposed to recognize a special protected player on a broken play? Simple, no pads and a pink goalie shirt.

The tiny guy who looks like a soccer player is pretty obvious. Only, I don't think most special teams players know the rule, to be honest. I wonder, if he dove at his knees and tore his ACL, would that was legal?

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
The tiny guy who looks like a soccer player is pretty obvious. Only, I don't think most special teams players know the rule, to be honest. I wonder, if he dove at his knees and tore his ACL, would that was legal?

Are you being serious? Huber is bigger than all of the Steeler wide receivers.

I'd argue the rule would make more sense for QBs because 99% of the time all they want to do is throw the ball or hand it off and get out of the way. A punter or a kicker sometimes has to make a tackle though because, well, you know, the returner is running toward them. Either have them get off the field or lets just take kicking out of the game all together. They already seem to want to eliminate the kickoff, might as well take punting out too!

brentech

What the fuck is this out to injure?

huber_medium.jpg

What a thug that guy is burying his shoulder into that guys chest!
The top of the Steelers' players helmet is going directly into the neck and jawline of the kicker.
Has nothing to do with the shoulder. May not have been on purpose, but that's why you keep your head up so you know what you're hitting.

That game was just like old times though. Steelers whipping the shit out of the Bungles in all three phases, their fans crying about it, makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

I'd argue the rule would make more sense for QBs because 99% of the time all they want to do is throw the ball or hand it off and get out of the way. A punter or a kicker sometimes has to make a tackle though because, well, you know, the returner is running toward them. Either have them get off the field or lets just take kicking out of the game all together. They already seem to want to eliminate the kickoff, might as well take punting out too!

I thought the rule was for turnovers? In which case the QB usually tries to go for the tackle as well,

Top Bottom