• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 16 |OT| The Jungle

cajunator

Banned
Guaranteed in top two. How much can it be fucked up?

Either way there is no way in hell the Texans even come close to winning. NONE.

You never know with the way rules are and such. It really could happen. Denver could sleep on houston. It happens a lot where a good team takes a bad team too lightly.

Fantomex

Gaf gaming side is just for the lulz now. They hate Zelda, think the new Mario game is overrated, hated Ni No Kuni, don't think handheld games can be GOTY. I realize why I gave up so long ago. Only gaming advice I get is from you guys and real life friends that are olds.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Hyrule Warriors sounds okay but are there enough Zelda characters to make it worthwhile? Part of the appeal of the Warriors games is the variety of characters (and the history to some extent).

I wish they'd make a decent LOTR version...somehow they failed to make a good Greek one as well.

Peter King @SI_PeterKing 2m

London Fletcher says this is likely his last season playing football. What a career he's had.

He plays for the Skins but I don't care, I've always been a fan. Class act and dude until only recently never got the praise he deserved.

MechDX

You never know with the way rules are and such. It really could happen. Denver could sleep on houston. It happens a lot where a good team takes a bad team too lightly.

:jnc. no. Broncos got beat last week by the Chargers. No way in hell Manning allows the team to sleep on Houston.

Lock of the entire season.

cajunator

Banned
Gaf gaming side is just for the lulz now. They hate Zelda, think the new Mario game is overrated, hated Ni No Kuni, don't think handheld games can be GOTY. I realize why I gave up so long ago. Only gaming advice I get is from you guys and real life friends that are olds.

gaming advice. Find which consoles have games that appeal to you and buy them. Its a pretty amazing concept that many do not understand.

jakncoke

Banned
Steelers fans trying to justify blatant headhunting and dirty play in general. Not surprising, unfortunately.

You adding nothing of value to the thread/sports-age like the rest of the Seahawk fanbase. Shame really. You people had so much potential, time to give Seahawks to Vancouver right after Toronto gets the Bills and Lions to Ottawa

They hate Zelda
To be fair, Hyrule Warriors looks like junk. Not even sugar coating it. Visually it looks nice but as someone that has never found any redeeming qualities about Dynasty Warriors...yeah. It does nothing for me.

Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze? Yeah that shit can't hit fast enough. I really need to get back to 3D Mario World, too. Made it to World 6 (and loved every minute of what I played) and got sidetracked with AC4 and a few other things.

jakncoke

Banned
He plays for the Skins but I don't care, I've always been a fan. Class act and dude until only recently never got the praise he deserved.

Not sure why tackles are not listed on pfr but hasnt London Fletcher been above like 120 in nearly all his seasons.

Milchjon

BbyQujgCIAAMIBY.png:large

I never really got into the regular Musou/Dynasty Warriors games, but I played the shit out of the Gundam ones because I liked the theme. Probably will be the same for Zelda. I'd probably get it to satisfy my curiosity.

cdyhybrid

gfNp3je.png

SQUIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIICKEEEEEENNNNNNNN

High praise from the fanbase that mastered making excuses for poor play and drug use.

Mastered? Hardly, we're actually getting caught. Meanwhile, walking pharmacies like James Harrison never got busted. The Rooneys and the Steelers franchise are veterans at cheating the system.

You adding nothing of value to the thread/sports-age like the rest of the Seahawk fanbase. Shame really. You people had so much potential, time to give Seahawks to Vancouver right after Toronto gets the Bills and Lions to Ottawa

Sorry jnc, I was just joking. Please don't ragequit again.

The NFC looks so much stronger going into the playoffs overall but I'm sure the NFC team will lose in the SB because of some bullshit. its almost a guarantee at this point.

jakncoke

Banned
gfNp3je.png

SQUIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIICKEEEEEENNNNNNNN

Mastered? Hardly, we're actually getting caught. Meanwhile, walking pharmacies like James Harrison never got busted. The Rooneys and the Steelers franchise are veterans at cheating the system.

Sorry jnc, I was just joking. Please don't ragequit again.

You'll regret what you've said when the Steelers and Refs take you to the bathroom again in the Super Bowl

jakncoke

Banned
The NFC looks so much stronger going into the playoffs overall but I'm sure the NFC team will lose in the SB because of some bullshit. its almost a guarantee at this point.

You guys tried bs last year by cutting the power so it wasnt a all time rout!

You have to make the playoffs to get to the Super Bowl, though.

If snes can believe in Wii U, Im allowed to fire up a hype train on Steelers playoff run!

EJ out for the Bills. Thad Lewis is starting:

Jason La Canfora @JasonLaCanfora 30s

Bills coach Doug Marrone says Thad Lewis - who showed some fight and sparked team early on - will start against the Dolphins

MechDX

http://houston.culturemap.com/news/...ouston-texans-no-1-target-for-new-head-coach/

Penn State coach Bill O'Brien is the leading candidate to be the Houston Texans next coach, a source close to the search tells CultureMap.

The Texans began putting early back channel feelers out to various coaches to gauge their potential interest even before Gary Kubiak was officially fired on Dec. 6 and have a very good idea at this point who is legitimately in play as a candidate and who is not, the same source says. From that sorting, O'Brien's emerged as the Texans No. 1 target.

O'Brien separated himself with the poise he's shown under extreme circumstances at Penn State University, his NFL experience under New England Patriots head coach Bill Belichick and his track record of getting the best out of quarterbacks. He will take a big edge into an interview with the Texans.

Instead the Texans owner is focused on making a hire who can make an immediate impact and impart a culture change. It's about ensuring he and general manager Rick Smith make the right hire rather than just an economical hire.

Despite operating under severe scholarship restrictions and a bowl ban, O'Brien's teams tend to get better as the season goes on. Penn State lost to lowly Ohio University in O'Brien's first game in Happy Valley last year and he still ended up winning the Bear Bryant Coach of the Year Award (which happens to be given out in Houston).

Perhaps even more importantly for a Texans franchise still reeling from the Gary Kubiak-Matt Schaub marriage, O'Brien's built something of a reputation as a quarterback whisperer. Whether it's with Tom Brady or an 18-year-old true freshman named Christian Hackenberg.

OhYes.gif

Do it Uncle Bob! Send that private jet to Happy Valley and make it rain!

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
gaming advice. Find which consoles have games that appeal to you and buy them. Its a pretty amazing concept that many do not understand.

Yeah unlike your favorite sports team, I couldn't care less who plays what system/game and why. I don't think the Xbone is as good of a value as the PS4 so I'm not sure why people want to spend more money for worse graphics but it's not my money! Ryse looks great though!

I think some individuals in gaming side believe that if neogaf was unanimous in their game taste then we'd see more of (insert favorite game here)....which really isn't the case.

cajunator

Banned
Yeah unlike your favorite sports team, I couldn't care less who plays what system/game and why. I don't think the Xbone is as good of a value as the PS4 so I'm not sure why people want to spend more money for worse graphics but it's not my money! Ryse looks great though!

I think some individuals in gaming side believe that if neogaf was unanimous in their game taste then we'd see more of (insert favorite game here)....which really isn't the case.

I have a Ps4 and wiiU currently. Those will suffice for now.

MechDX

Houston Texans ‏@HoustonTexans 1m
Case Keenum did not practice Wednesday due to a right thumb injury. He's out on Sunday.

Oh my.......Schaub starting, Foster and Tate both out.....playing the Broncos.....

RBH pass the lighter!

effzee

Book 3 = season 3 and 4. It's supposed to be roughly half the book each season but they mix things around

What do you need clarification on? I'd avoid any book wikis

Nothing in particular just sometimes feel like while watching the show that I am missing out on some background information about the world at large.

Feel like the books obviously covered more and more in detail about why things are the way they are. Or do they explain that as we go along?

Top Bottom