• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 16 |OT| The Jungle

Wrayfield

Safe to say that whatever happens next week, we have no business being in the playoffs. I disagree with the whole AFC is weaker than NFC thing, but you get shut out in Buffalo, you ain't playoff caliber. And that's no offence meant at the Bills, played hard and well.

Milchjon

Didn't Rando go to the game?

All his fault.

ku-xlarge.gif

Amazing how the Vikings have put a big dent in the playoff hopes of Pittsburgh, Philadelphia and Chicago. If Philly or Chicago could just have beaten those imbeciles they'd be in right now and all Pitt would need to do is win next week.

Talon

Matthew Stafford:

28 TDs, 19 INTs, 4,443 Yards, 83.6 RTG

Tom Brady:

24 TDs, 10 INTs, 4,221 Yards, 88.0 RTG

Stafford has gone through a slump the past few weeks no doubt, but the seasons the two have had have been close statistically and in terms of how depleted the talent around them has fared.

I'm not saying Stafford is as good as Brady but even the all time GOAT has problems without the proper talent around him.

I need to go play some TF2.
Because Tom has Megatron to throw to and Bush and Bell flipping out of the backfield?

A sub-60% completion rate is inexplicable in this NFL environment.

NOW QUIT TELLING ME TO BE POSITIVE ABOUT THIS MOTHERFUCKING TEAM WHEN I SAY WERE GONNA LOSE A GAME. I KNOW WHAT THE FUCK IM TALKING ABOUT.

meh you say that shit every week
it's like the opposite of me.

for example

can't wait to watch the iceman extinguish candlestick permanently tomorrow

cajunator

Banned
meh you say that shit every week
it's like the opposite of me.

for example

can't wait to watch the iceman extinguish candlestick permanently tomorrow

Games I called us losing were Rams, Pats, Panthers and Seahawks away. The Jets game was unexpected. Otherwise I just know which teams are bad matchups and this year I nailed most of them.

Striker

While I'm happy the Giants didn't just give up and roll over yesterday, seeing them 6-9 is a bit unfortunate. They aren't good. At all. And going into the offseason, Reese has tons of moves to take, particularly at pending FA's and the draft. I see many vet cuts, and hopefully a coaching change or two (how does Tom Quinn still have a job?).

This division is trash all around, so them building up the OL to shoot again next year isn't necessarily a terrible idea, but they need to overhaul much of the roster. Too many olds and some guys who just cannot stay healthy (Andre Brown being one, even though I like him a lot).

Yup. See: Matt Ryan post Julio or Luck post Reggie
The same Luck who has Donald Brown as his top RB, average at best line, and no WR's outside TY Hilton? I think he'd be thrilled to be in the offense that Kaep, Newton, or Wilson has.

neoemonk

Safe to say that whatever happens next week, we have no business being in the playoffs. I disagree with the whole AFC is weaker than NFC thing, but you get shut out in Buffalo, you ain't playoff caliber. And that's no offence meant at the Bills, played hard and well.

The only solace I took from the Lions. They just didn't deserve to be out there.

This act of treason will not go unpunished.

I think, had Matthews and Lacy not reinjured themselves, the Packers would have a decent shot and surprise some people in the playoffs. But at this point I'll be satisfied with a win next week to keep the shitty Bears out of the postseason even if were one and done.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Oh wow didn't know Detroit got eliminated with the loss today.

I thought they'd still have a chance next week.

so for the dolphins to make the playoffs, they need to win AND have the ravens and chargers also win? crazy ol AFC.... possible 8-8 team getting in while the NFC is going to have some good teams on the outside looking in.

well i guess just one good team really.... whoever it ends up being! although i'm glad the cards beat the seachickens it still makes me a little nervous because anything can happen and a guaranteed playoff spot is always what you want

Lol the nfc will have 2 division winners with less than 10 wins.

For obvious reasons I believe Jordy Nelson should come to New England.
They are not obvious to me. Please expound. As far as I know Jordy is a wholesome innocent and hard working American. I've seen no inclination that he worships the devil, cheats on his wife or that he can operate surveillance equipment.

I hope they bring Edelman back.

They have a lot of people to re-sign this offseason man. McCourty, Solder, Talib and Edelman are all hard to keep at the same time. But I hope they pull it off.

They are not obvious to me. Please expound. As far as I know Jordy is a wholesome innocent and hard working American. I've seen no inclination that he worships the devil, cheats on his wife or that he can operate surveillance equipment.

He's white.

Only bummer was seeing the Phins play so bad. It's not so much the loss and how pathetic the effort was.
Yeah, it sucked. Dolphins flaws were exposed to perfection so I have to give the Bills coaching staff some credit, but that collapse took the effort of everyone on the team.

Seven sacks. Something like eight three and outs. Really just a torturous game to watch.

njean777

Yeah, it sucked. Dolphins flaws were exposed to perfection so I have to give the Bills coaching staff some credit, but that collapse took the effort of everyone on the team.

Seven sacks. Something like eight three and outs. Really just a torturous game to watch.

I feel the same can be said about the Bears, and Baltimore game. They were all bad games for teams that can play way better then what was shown.

KingGondo

Banned
Only one more to go, Browns.

Go for the gold!

(There's a disturbing trend of Browns fans online petitioning to draft AJ McCarron. Shoot me in the face if this happens.)

Only one more to go, Browns.

Go for the gold!

(There's a disturbing trend of Browns fans online petitioning to draft AJ McCarron. Shoot me in the face if this happens.)

Why would anybody want that!?!

Tom Curran said:
So many in media clutched their hymnals when NE kept scoring in 2007. Denver throwing deep, often up 30-13 with 5 minutes left. Not a peep

When the Pats do it it's classless, when everybody else does it it's business as usual.

BigAT

While I'm happy the Giants didn't just give up and roll over yesterday, seeing them 6-9 is a bit unfortunate. They aren't good. At all. And going into the offseason, Reese has tons of moves to take, particularly at pending FA's and the draft. I see many vet cuts, and hopefully a coaching change or two (how does Tom Quinn still have a job?).

This division is trash all around, so them building up the OL to shoot again next year isn't necessarily a terrible idea, but they need to overhaul much of the roster. Too many olds and some guys who just cannot stay healthy (Andre Brown being one, even though I like him a lot).

I don't know what's crazier, that this awful Giants team managed 6 wins (and likely 7) or that Detroit somehow was able to pull 7 wins out of their ass. They are terrible.

Just some random observations from Steelers Packers:

Steelers are averaging 29.3 Points in their last 8 games. Fire Haley!

All week the conversation was Le'Veon Bell vs. Eddie Lacy as far as who the better draftee was. The argument will continue since both guys had a great game. It was marred on both sides though - Lacy didn't finish, and Bell fumbled deep in Steelers territory - first fumble of his career.

Jarvis Jones was out from the flu so Carter got the start at ROLB. It showed, as the Pack ran towards him almost all of the first half and gashed the shit out of the defense on the ground. Steelers aren't great against the run but that display was terrible. Steelers put in Sly after a while and the massive hole on the right was closed a bit.

I was so impressed by that AJ Hawk interception. Dude high pointed that ball perfectly. I said it before but if his athleticism matched his smarts he'd be a hall of famer.

Vince Williams is the ILB in base, Terrence Garvin takes over in Nickel. Steelers did this rather than weaken the D by putting Troy at ILB which they've been doing the past few weeks. ILB is going to be a major priority in the upcoming draft.

Steelers are in contention for a playoff spot after being decimated by injury and going 0-4 to start the season. Fire Tomlin!

KingGondo

Banned
Browns' fans deserve the Browns.
Sad, but it's true in a lot of cases. Many of their fans are low-football knowledge neanderthals who still think having a stud RB is the key to success, or Ohio State fans who want to draft an entire team of Buckeyes.

Why would anybody want that!?!
Because a guy who looked only decent surrounded by superior talent in college can't help but succeed in the NFL with the talent the Browns have!

He's a winner and can bring his winner sauce to Cleveland
I'd rather have Manziel, and I fucking hate JFF.

Hundley or bust.

Top Bottom