• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 16 |OT| The Jungle

Oh wow, flipped on Dery on D105.1 for the start of his show, and he's goin' in. Super salty. :jnc:

He doesn't just want Schwartz gone, he wants him out literally right now. Not gonna happen, bud, but I appreciate the passion.

seeing as how the Bears lost he should of been gone after that game ended

Crisco

Banned
Man, that 37 yard play to Ginn to setup the touchdown deserves a gif. What a spectacular play. Cam hung in the pocket for nearly 5 seconds before uncorking a goddamn laser. It was a Stafford-esque side arm job too, except with accuracy. Hit Ginn perfectly in stride and totally changed the tone of the drive.

Here's a shitty one,

829077438.gif

ari

Banned
What an embarrassing way to go out. Playoffs right there for the bears and the defense still didn't step up.

Looking back all season, this defense singlehandedly lost us 4 games easily because of their incompetence. What a joke. Mel Tucker have no business in the NFL. he was shit in Jacksonville and he's shit in Chicago of all places. Easily Phil Emery's worst decision as our GM. Even more so then bostic and Shea.

At least we're not the lions though, poor kas.

knicks

I just saw Chip Kelly post game interview.

"So many different scenarios could have happened. We could have tied. Anything could have happen."

He seems like a nice normal guy, but he is such an idiot.

Doorman

seeing as how the Bears lost he should of been gone after that game ended

At this point it doesn't make any difference whether they oust him right now or at the end of the year. Next week is a road game, there's no worry of "what if we alienate the crowd?" or whatever, and the organization as a whole isn't proactive enough to be seriously interviewing candidates until the season's over anyway. That's not how the Lions operate and I'm not going to start putting them into that box when it's not who they are.

Lions have some talent. What they need is discipline (on D) and someone to work on Stafford's technique (which, regardless of his stats, is awful). This was a season tailor made for them to take this division, especially with injuries to Cutler and Rodgers, and instead they Schwartz'd it away.

It'll be interesting to see whom they bring in. Someone Coughlin-esque is what they need. Drill sergeant mentality, laser focus on football and not all the other crap (no more Suh stomps, etc). Cowher would be a logical choice but he hasn't coached in forever. The other issue is "if I coach this team, do I have to live in Detroit?" Almost as bad as selling the Cleveland job to someone.

Konka

Banned
I just saw Chip Kelly post game interview.

"So many different scenarios could have happened. We could have tied. Anything could have happen."

He seems like a nice normal guy, but he is such an idiot.

He's talking about if they rested their starters against the bears and lost and then tied the cowboys next week the cowboys would go on to the playoffs, now the eagles move on in the case of a tie.

Narag

If the 9ers win, you wear that avatar for the rest of your life in celebration. If the 9ers lose, you wear that avatar for the rest of your life in shame.

Hey now, I might want to use that avatar in animegaf in the offseason. Don't be selfish.

Crisco

Banned
Newton reminds me of tebow. I don't say that to troll but it's like he does jack shit most of the game and then pulled out a W because the D kept it close. Not saying he is as bad of a passer as tebow but I think he is a disappointment as a #1 pick

God. the Cam haters must be so salty. They probably all had entire articles already written by the end of the 3rd quarter filled with a bunch of stupid drivel like that post. Having to scrap all that work must have really sucked. As bad of a passer? Are you fucking serious? Tebow couldn't throw a 7 yard out to save his life.

OnPoint

The Dolphins are the one rival in the AFC East that I take no pleasure in watching the Bills cockblock.

Sorry Dolphins fans.

Talamius

Let's all take a moment with deadspin to laugh at how wrong and shitty of a human being Peter King is,

http://deadspin.com/peter-king-should-shut-up-about-cam-newton-1488498718

The comment regarding the contrast between the Brees tweet and the Cam tweet say all that needs to be said, really.

Brees drives the field and scores to attempt to salvage a win, and he's a great QB. Which he is, and I'm not taking anything away from Drew here. Long drives in the 4th quarter are a staple of a great QB.

Cam drives the field to save the Panthers' season and it's "good for him" because it doesn't fit the narrative.

I really want to believe it's not simply a racial issue, but sometimes it's hard to think otherwise.

The comment regarding the contrast between the Brees tweet and the Cam tweet say all that needs to be said, really.

Brees drives the field and scores to attempt to salvage a win, and he's a great QB. Which he is, and I'm not taking anything away from Drew here. Long drives in the 4th quarter are a staple of a great QB.

Cam drives the field to save the Panthers' season and it's "good for him" because it doesn't fit the narrative.

I really want to believe it's not simply a racial issue, but sometimes it's hard to think otherwise.

Right. Meanwhile, if the Saints lose next week and the Cards win, the Saints go from being #2 seed to out.

We'll see how many "season saving" tweets we see in that situation.

gutshot

He's talking about if they rested their starters against the bears and lost and then tied the cowboys next week the cowboys would go on to the playoffs, now the eagles move on in the case of a tie.

Also, once the Panthers won, the 3 seed became much more attractive. I'd much rather go to Carolina in the second round as opposed to traveling to Seattle (even though Arizona showed that the Seahawks aren't invincible at home).

There really was no reason to rest the starters last night and I'm glad that Chip didn't do it.

God. the Cam haters must be so salty. They probably all had entire articles already written by the end of the 3rd quarter filled with a bunch of stupid drivel like that post. Having to scrap all that work must have really sucked. As bad of a passer? Are you fucking serious? Tebow couldn't throw a 7 yard out to save his life.

Of course he is a better passer than tebow. That game yesterday reminded me of tebow though. And you can't say he has lived up to his #1 pick status

Brees is playing against a great defense and cam is playing against a defense that is not great, especially on the road. I don't know if it's racially motivated but there is a difference

Crisco

Banned
Of course he is a better passer than tebow. That game yesterday reminded me of tebow though. And you can't say he has lived up to his #1 pick status

What's the measuring stick? I mean, I don't really feel like getting into stat wars here, but of the recent #1 QBs, who has lived it up to it better than Newton? Certainly not Bradford. Stafford has been up and down. Luck is a stud, but if he's lived up to it, than so has Newton. There are no more questions about whether or not Cam can be the franchise QB for this team going forward, he's answered them all.

Newton reminds me of tebow. I don't say that to troll but it's like he does jack shit most of the game and then pulled out a W because the D kept it close. Not saying he is as bad of a passer as tebow but I think he is a disappointment as a #1 pick

Cam has taken this team from 2-14 to 11-4 in three years and has put up historically great stats for a guy his age. What the hell do you want from a No. 1 pick?

And yes, this team has a great defense, but do you think Jimmy Clausen or Matt Moore playing QB would have them where they are right now?

Top Bottom