• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 16 |OT| The Jungle

I am in mourning for our season. How could I be so stupid and let myself get sucked back in. When we were 4-6, I was in complete acceptance of our shortcomings. Suddenly, 4 game winning streaks, and visions of riding the hot streak to the Superbowl again. What a fool I was to every believe in Joe Flacco.

It's been so long, I have forgotten....what's it like to not make the playoffs?

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Steve Smith has a strained posterior cruciate ligament (PCL) and will be evaulated week-to-week. Is "highly doubtful' for Week 17, and status for playoffs is uncertain.

Ted Ginn will slide in as No.1 receiver in Smith's absence.

I am in mourning for our season. How could I be so stupid and let myself get sucked back in. When we were 4-6, I was in complete acceptance of our shortcomings. Suddenly, 4 game winning streaks, and visions of riding the hot streak to the Superbowl again. What a fool I was to every believe in Joe Flacco.

It's been so long, I have forgotten....what's it like to not make the playoffs?

Shut em out in the 1st half!

What's the measuring stick? I mean, I don't really feel like getting into stat wars here, but of the recent #1 QBs, who has lived it up to it better than Newton? Certainly not Bradford. Stafford has been up and down. Luck is a stud, but if he's lived up to it, than so has Newton. There are no more questions about whether or not Cam can be the franchise QB for this team going forward, he's answered them all.

andrew luck took a 2-14 team and took them to the playoffs in his rookie year. now you can throw out whatever stats you want, i don't hate newton or think he's a bust, it just doesn't seem that he is a dominant force at QB. i feel that he has come up small in big games over the past couple years. maybe he is turning the corner this year because he has won some big games

Shit news about Von. Hope we can still get pressure on QBs but I guess we'll have to see. Playoff QBs aren't gonna play like Schoob. Hope Mince helps out with whatever packages the Broncos have to use now with Von out. Maybe the team will become more disciplined in coverage now, but that's just the optimistic side talking.

Chances Cutler dosent start next week?

To be fair the team sucked as a whole so to bench Cutler wouldn't make that much sense since nothing was happening on all fronts.

That being said he shouldn't have started again to begin with because McCown was on fire.

But it looks like Cutler will start.

Oh wow, flipped on Dery on D105.1 for the start of his show, and he's goin' in. Super salty. :jnc:

He doesn't just want Schwartz gone, he wants him out literally right now. Not gonna happen, bud, but I appreciate the passion.

Last night he tweeted that his sources gave him the impression Lions fans will get good news "soon." He's gone, don't worry.

BTW how is Dery's show? I only listen to 97.1, mainly for Valenti & Foster, and I've definitely missed hearing him on the show.

If they are going to tank then why not let Weeden get one last start?
One last Weeden start?!
ku-xlarge.gif
....but no, no one wants or needs that.

Shit news about Von. Hope we can still get pressure on QBs but I guess we'll have to see. Playoff QBs aren't gonna play like Schoob. Hope Mince helps out with whatever packages the Broncos have to use now with Von out. Maybe the team will become more disciplined in coverage now, but that's just the optimistic side talking.
I haven't been too impressed with Von's contribution since his return, so while this will hurt them, I don't think it holds the same gravity like it did last year. The biggest problem on D remains the secondary.

squicken

Houston's last win is against.....

:(

Congrats Rams on #1 pick

Houston is entirely incapable of winning a game against anyone. They are just awful. Only way it happens is if Fitz comes out and throws a bunch of INTs and they give even less of a fuck than Houston does

It's the same with WAS and the Giants. The Skins suck but can win a game if the other team just gives it to them

Godslay

Banned
I haven't been too impressed with Von's contribution since his return, so while this will hurt them, I don't think it holds the same gravity like it did last year. The biggest problem on D remains the secondary.

Top rated 4-3 olb since his return, according to PFF. Even with that said Broncos were undefeated without him. Defense will just have to play as a squad again. Not a season ending loss imo.

Houston is entirely incapable of winning a game against anyone. They are just awful. Only way it happens is if Fitz comes out and throws a bunch of INTs and they give even less of a fuck than Houston does

It's the same with WAS and the Giants. The Skins suck but can win a game if the other team just gives it to them
That usually happens with Fitzy...Can't rely on Cj1k to run all day

Top rated 4-3 olb since his return, according to PFF. Even with that said Broncos were undefeated without him. Defense will just have to play as a squad again. Not a season ending loss imo.
I don't doubt that, he just hasn't impressed me quite like he did since last year. May just because of all the inconsistency in his play time, but it's moot now. Let's hope they right this ship and the Mincey acquisition pays off. Packers manage to make it to the Super Bowl a couple years back with their rag-tag depleted core, so I know anything can happen.

rando14

mmmm i can taste the fear in your post. you had your chance to keep us out of the playoffs yourselves but couldn't get it done in a "glorified practice" game. now suffer like G did

I ain't scared!!
I'm terrified :cool:

But hey the Ravens last year were like 1-3 or 1-4 in December last year and they lucked their way to the ring, it could happen to us too!! ...right?

Newton reminds me of tebow. I don't say that to troll but it's like he does jack shit most of the game and then pulled out a W because the D kept it close. Not saying he is as bad of a passer as tebow but I think he is a disappointment as a #1 pick
Alright brah, we did our job and ate the chickens. Now you do yours and lose tonight so we can have a meaningful game to watch on Sunday! Show some balls, fight us for a play off spot! Speaking of which, are you definitely coming to the game?
Go Falcons

How'd that Cardinal D taste yesterday though? ;) I had to raz you since I think you were the one chicken fan on here that made a comment about us not having a chance.

Godslay

Banned
I don't doubt that, he just hasn't impressed me quite like he did since last year. May just because of all the inconsistency in his play time, but it's moot now. Let's hope they right this ship and the Mincey acquisition pays off. Packers manage to make it to the Super Bowl a couple years back with their rag-tag depleted core, so I know anything can happen.

Let's hope. Defense doesn't win championships anymore, so we still have a shot. Albeit, less so than when Von was playing.

rando14

I saw you went to the game, must be a truly amazing atmosphere. You going to pony up the money for playoff games there? I certainly am if we somehow get in.

Oh yeah hawks games are always awesome, haven't been to a losing game since the Hasselbald era so that kinda sucked but oh well!!

It would totally suck if yall missed the playoffs considering how good yall are, I hope you make it brother :)

squicken

Alright brah, we did our job and ate the chickens. Now you do yours and lose tonight so we can have a meaningful game to watch on Sunday! Show some balls, fight us for a play off spot! Speaking of which, are you definitely coming to the game?

Glad you are back, and congrats on the Cards having a good year. Arians was a home run hire

Oh yeah hawks games are always awesome, haven't been to a losing game since the Hasselbald era so that kinda sucked but oh well!!

It would totally suck if yall missed the playoffs considering how good yall are, I hope you make it brother :)
It would have truly been exciting and awesome for all three of us to make the playoffs but NO nearly killed the chances yesterday. There's still a chance that same NO team could grant it though! Thanks buddy, you guys have had a hell of a season and I think it's a great time for us NFC West fans after watching shit seasons for so long. Whether we make it or not this year, we will be legit playoff contenders next season, it's going to be fun watching the three headed race with a great chance of all three of us making the post season next year (and hopefully this one!)
Glad you are back, and congrats on the Cards having a good year. Arians was a home run hire
Thanks buddy, he surprised everyone by not killing our QB (ironically the one season where we haven't had our starter miss weeks is with an Arians system) and at worst, has doubled our win record from last season which has to put him up there as a coach of the year contender again. In the toughest division in football with so many new faces, I'm impressed. Between him and Keim, I feel like we are finally in good hands and am really excited for the present and future!

P.S. does your jinx power still work? If so, direct it at SF for tonight's game! Everyone wants to see the Cards and Niners battle for the final playoff spot, don't we FMT? ;)

Looking back I think I'm ok with missing the dolphins/jets game this weekend, It would be nice if we win and get in but with the amount of failure on this team I think I'm ok not spending a few thousand on them until they get their shit together.

PopeReal

Sucks we lost Von Miller for the season, but I actually have faith that the defense won't be affected that much. He had plays here and there, but was no where on last season's level. Time for other guys to step up if we are going to make a super bowl run.

On a side note, there were a lot of Seahawk meltdowns on my facebook which made for some good entertainment.

Top Bottom