• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 16 |OT| The Jungle

Pagusas

Elden Member
Harbaugh.gif

That felt like a crazy playoff game, next week will feel like a crazy playoff game, and then playoffs start. Jesus.

The Niners probably won't win against the cards...they'll be in all out desperation mode while niners seemed to be resigned to being a wildcard.

That said...Bowman interception had me jumping up and down like a wild man.

Those two goofy ties keeping the Browns behind the Raydahs. Should things drop the right way, Browns should be able to jump them for the #4 pick.

I think we're pretty well locked in for no.4 if we lose (from what i've heard).. and we will. Hopefully you guys and the jags pull a win out of your ass next week tho. would love dat no.3 pick.

I think we're pretty well locked in for no.4 if we lose (from what i've heard).. and we will. Hopefully you guys and the jags pull a win out of your ass next week tho. would love dat no.3 pick.

Raiders and Browns both tied at .517 SOS, not sure what the next tie breaker is, browns didn't play Raiders this year. Since we played different NFC teams, it's feasible we could jump you, but it's probably not likely.

Raiders and Browns both tied at .517 SOS, not sure what the next tie breaker is, browns didn't play Raiders this year. Since we played different NFC teams, it's feasible we could jump you, but it's probably not likely.

I think the 2nd tiebreaker is division record which ours will be 1-5 if we lose

So what prevents these teams looking for good draft positions from losing on purpose? Or does the nfl not care that they are not even trying to put up a fight?

I think the 2nd tiebreaker is division record which ours will be 1-5 if we lose

yeah, we'll see how it goes. What do you think the Raiders are leaning towards? QB? Should be a fun first few picks, it changes a lot as far as our QB search goes if you guys do pick ahead of us.

Browns did the Falcons a solid few years ago making that trade for Julio, maybe they make a deal with the Browns again if Teddy doesn't go #1 (Isn't likely, but ya never know.)

rando14

So what prevents these teams looking for good draft positions from losing on purpose? Or does the nfl not care that they are not even trying to put up a fight?

You think this is bad, you should look at the NBA. Over half the league is shitting it's pants on purpose!!

Pretty good chance we Jump the raiders, I'd post the scenarios but I'm pretty drunk right now no lie. We could jump to 3 too possibly.. Festivus ! It's a celebration !

The nature of the game. Football is one of those games where multiple mid tier picks will field you a better team than one super high pick. You can find plenty of good/great players in the later rounds

The nature of the game. Football is one of those games where multiple mid tier picks will field you a better team than one super high pick. You can find plenty of good/great players in the later rounds
Also a lot easier to tank when tanking doesn't mean "willingly get my ass beat for 3 hours".

In basketball, tanking is easy! Just let the other guy score!

yeah, we'll see how it goes. What do you think the Raiders are leaning towards? QB? Should be a fun first few picks, it changes a lot as far as our QB search goes if you guys do pick ahead of us.

Browns did the Falcons a solid few years ago making that trade for Julio, maybe they make a deal with the Browns again if Teddy doesn't go #1 (Isn't likely, but ya never know.)

I think we'll go for Clowney or Barr over a QB unless Teddy somehow falls to us. If Clowney and Barr are both gone I think we'll trade down for as little as a 2nd rounder again. Still have a ton of holes.

If we do go QB I would imagine we go Carr over JFF, tho I'd prefer JFF. Possibly Bortles if he declares, but I'm not a huge fan of his.

lol yeah saw that earlier. such horseshit. not sure what his agent is trying to accomplish with that. can only assume he wants TP cut because he thinks he can get something for him in FA.

Pretty good chance we Jump the raiders, I'd post the scenarios but I'm pretty drunk right now no lie. We could jump to 3 too possibly.. Festivus ! It's a celebration !

Browns are so awful, Defense has flashes, but breaks down too much. Would help the team if they can get up to 3.

I think we'll go for Clowney or Barr over a QB unless Teddy somehow falls to us. If Clowney and Barr are both gone I think we'll trade down for as little as a 2nd rounder again. Still have a ton of holes.

If we do go QB I would imagine we go Carr over JFF, tho I'd prefer JFF. Possibly Bortles if he declares, but I'm not a huge fan of his.

Cool, Thanks! I like the Raydahs too, favorite AFC West team, so hope you have a good draft.

LJ11

It wasn't even his fault, it was purely the receivers. Though even in that situation it was random luck that it was picked off. I feel bad for him, he played well.

DB made a great play though, sometimes the other guys make a play, they get paid too.

Those two goofy ties keeping the Browns behind the Raydahs. Should things drop the right way, Browns should be able to jump them for the #4 pick.
Pretty good chance well get #4, getting to #3 Is were well need the luck.
Edit: saw ur post, I'll post scenarios tomrw if you want

Drakeon

So his agent's argument is that putting Pryor in the game will make the team more likely to fail and expose Pryor as being shitty? I'm sure that will go over well to all the other teams.

Is Pryor injured in any way? That's literally the only explanation I can think of for his agent's argument.

O ok that makes sense. But still wouldnt prevent an overall decent team that is looking for one special player (say an elite quarterback). Yeah Brady was a late pick, but i dont think that happens often does it

what a crazy ending to the game. glad we won and glad that our offense really dominated the 2nd half. yes the defense had a let down but we also put the game away when it mattered. thought the officiating was complete bullshit. i know we got the ridiculous PI call but the falcons got it back and then some with the awful "roughing" call and the defensive PI which was actually an offensive PI. whatever

crabtree looks like he's just about back. his first hundred yard game and just dominated. you can say well it was against the shitty falcons D and that's true but i'm talking more about how he's cutting and his route running. he's looking really good.

our line looked great in run blocking and pass blocking but i'm sure that is because it was against atlanta. not sure how all-out we'll go for next week because our games are at the same time but i'm assuming we will play all of our starters to win and it will be a brutal game. really sucks that we're having to go to arizona on a short week against a hot team but oh well, thems the breaks!

dmg04

#DEADWRONG
So... Dolphins and Ravens need to lose, Chargers need to win. Again.

This is going to be a very stressful Sunday.

Congrats, 49ers.

Top Bottom