• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 16 |OT| The Jungle

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Wait, is this from a separate incident?

Incoming Seattle SB tainted. Where there's smoke, there's fire.
Seahawks with those Performance Degrading Drugs. If they weren't such cheaters they would win more games. It's not fair to the rest of the league!

jbxoyjMHmkBWJI.png

569210028.gif

Milchjon

Wouldn't it be pretty simple to characterize sports as a subset of games that require some form of athleticism? Not calling something a sport doesn't mean it doesn't require skills. Just on a different level. It's the same reason why I think the categorization of chess as a sport is kinda questionable.

Wouldn't it be pretty simple to characterize sports as a subset of games that require some form of athleticism? Not calling something a sport doesn't mean it doesn't require skills. Just on a different level. It's the same reason why I think the categorization of chess as a sport is kinda questionable.

They can call it a sport if they wish as long as they don't call themselves eAthletes, that's just ridiculous

cdyhybrid

Why do you want to exclude us nerds, you mean old jock? I bet you're too dumb to tie your shoes!

brentech

I love me some Dota, watch games online, have gone to a live event... And still don't call it a sport. It's a gaming event that happens to have nice payouts.
I'm fine with the term eSports, but kind of leave what that means in the open.

Been busy for the last few days and was unable to join up the new thread, but it combines two of my favorite things. Herzog and Football.

Great Job!

GO RAIDERS!

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
The nerve of some of those nerds!

Personally, I don't call anything a sport if you can't physically impact your opponent's play. Golf, snowboarding, tf2, poker, etc. I like those things, though. We need a new, hip way of referring to these activities. I'm thinking "sports entertainment."

Personally, I don't call anything a sport if you can't physically impact your opponent's play. Golf, snowboarding, tf2, poker, etc. I like those things, though. We need a new, hip way of referring to these activities. I'm thinking "sports entertainment."

i don't like your definition. golf is most certainly a sport.

Brandon Browner posted this statement on his Twitter (through twtmore)

I want to thank the Seahawks organization for the incredible opportunity they gave me when they took a chance on a player who was out of the NFL and playing in the CFL for 4 years. I also want to thank all of my teammates, coaches, trainers, staff and the 12’s for their support, respect, and friendship and for helping me grow into the player, father, and person I am today. I have been treated with nothing but first class by everyone associated with the Seattle Seahawks and for that I am forever grateful. Although I disagree with the circumstances surrounding my suspension, I accept responsibility for all of my actions and I apologize for any that causes any unflattering reflections of my family and the Seahawks. I believe in my innocence and will continue to fight with all legal resources available to me to. Go Hawks!!!

RBH

3721%20-%20smackdown%20smiling%20suit%20vince_mcmahon%20wwe.png

Wes

venison crêpe
Found a great job advertised based in the UK that I'm absolutely precisely qualified for.

Turns out you need to be a US citizen. So screw you guys. Only Kave evades my wrath.

ShaneB

The 'eSports' label always annoyed the hell out of me as well. It's competitive gaming. that's it. It's not "sports"

cdyhybrid

Found a great job advertised based in the UK that I'm absolutely precisely qualified for.

Turns out you need to be a US citizen. So screw you guys. Only Kave evades my wrath.

Move to Cleveland!

Don't move to Cleveland.
Or Ohio in general.

Fox318

Just walk in and say howdy partner, how are you?

Those Mario Party sessions I had as a kid were sports. Damn did we fight.

Spinluck

I wake up to a damned Dynasty Warriors game with a Zelda skin. Can't believe this shit. This is going to dilute the Zelda brand like they did to the Mario brand, and worse it means a real Zelda won't be out till at least 2015. Sigh. I used to love Nintendo but I've been fucked over to many times to trust them anymore (in terms of one or two quality titles every 4 months).

Oh well back to football, looking at McShays mock draft I absolutely agree we need a wide receiver opposite of Megatron. I'm just wary on drafting a USC WR. I'm starting to get into draft mode after Monday Nights fiasco so if Mayhew is there I know he'll go best player available if its a Linebacker, Secondary or Wide Receiver. I think we need to focus on offensive playmakers and try to get some diamonds in the rough with defensive players in the later rounds.

I also think Darius Slay has made some strides thankfully, and I hope he continues to improve.

Nintendo has been known to occasionally lend rights to their IPs for some cool shit. It was always an, "every now and then" sort of thing. Now they've just been whoring them out left and right. It's most likely cause the Wii U is at a fucking crawl right now (love the system btw!). But it's come to the point where it doesn't feel as special anymore.

That Zelda Dynasty Warriors looked like hot garbage though, holy shit that looked awful. They don't give a shit about devaluing their brands if necessary, cause once the actual Zelda U is out.. people will most likely forget this shitty Dynasty Warriors reskin.

They're tremendously shortsighted if they're cashing in on the interim on a shitty product.

It's cheapening one of your core brands for peanuts. It would be as dumb as drafting a WR when your team needs a 2 LBs, 2 CBs, a S, and a non-obese QB.

Nintendo has been known to occasionally lend rights to their IPs for some cool shit. It was always an, "every now and then" sort of thing. Now they've just been whoring them out left and right. It's most likely cause the Wii U is at a fucking crawl right now (love the system btw!). But it's come to the point where it doesn't feel as special anymore.

That Zelda Dynasty Warriors looked like hot garbage though, holy shit that looked awful. They don't give a shit about devaluing their brands if necessary, cause once the actual Zelda U is out.. people will most likely forget this shitty Dynasty Warriors reskin.

It's happened before and they got out okay.

FRguZ8d.jpg

0wxQvaU.jpg

DfD59GY.jpg

They're tremendously shortsighted if they're cashing in on the interim on a shitty product.

It's cheapening one of your core brands for peanuts. It would be as dumb as drafting a WR when your team needs a 2 LBs, 2 CBs, a S, and a non-obese QB.
Yeah, but Nintendo is a trainwreck at branding right now. It's the biggest reason the Wii U is a failure. So why be surprised at any bad branding decision they make?

I don't really care as long as they keep making great games though.

Zelda Dynasty Warriors does not appear to be one of those games

Yeah, but Nintendo is a trainwreck at branding right now. It's the biggest reason the Wii U is a failure. So why be surprised at any bad branding decision they make?

I don't really care as long as they keep making great games though.

Zelda Dynasty Warriors does not appear to be one of those games

that goodness for the 3DS. i still don't know how no other company has been able to compete with them on the handheld level.

Eleuin

Dynasty warriors games appeal to a certain niche audience so I have no idea why they thought slapping Zelda on would make the end product that much different.

bionic77

Just marry some fat loser desperate for sex to get that greencard.

Not sure where sexless losers hang out though. Might be Craigslist, might be GAF but hell if I know. Whatever it is I am sure Gata is a mod there. PM him if you really want that job.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
UltraDavid of the Street Fighter community has argued that competitive gaming doesn't need to piggyback on sports and can be its own thing.

WedgeX

Banned
At my organizations holiday party tonight learned that one of my co-workers played at USC with Reggie Bush under Cheatin Pete. I wanted to ask him how the PEDs tasted.

JCizzle

At my organizations holiday party tonight learned that one of my co-workers played at USC with Reggie Bush under Cheatin Pete. I wanted to ask him how the PEDs tasted.
I wouldn't feel safe working at a place that employed a former Pete player. He's liable to have such a large chemical imbalance from all the PEDs that were injected into him that he could snap and kill you all in the blink of an eye. Either that or grow massive man boobs.

Top Bottom