• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 16 |OT| The Jungle

squicken

I was reading a list of perspective FA in 2014, and saw some interesting stuff. If your team could only sign one guy, would you want them to sign Hakeem Nicks, Golden Tate, Doug Baldwin, or Riley Cooper?

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
I wouldn't feel safe working at a place that employed a former Pete player. He's liable to have such a large chemical imbalance from all the PEDs that were injected into him that he could snap and kill you all in the blink of an eye. Either that or grow massive man boobs.
At this rate a Seattle player will get caught driving drunk and people will go "Cheatin' Pete at it again with those PEDs! GIving his players alcohol to cheat wins!"

squicken

It's behind a pay wall, but the writer's argument is that the only two FA WRs that have superior physical skills are Nicks and Kenny Britt. And if you gamble on either of those guys, you are gambling they display traits they have never shown to this point in their careers. For Nicks it is giving a fuck, and for Britt it is not being a moron.

If you look at the two examples from last year, Wallace and Cook, they both were pussies, and MIA and STL signed them hoping they would stop being pussies. But neither guy changed. So it's crazy to reward Britt and Nicks with lots of money and think that motivates them to better themselves

Cooper, on the field, is the best choice. The question with him is of course how he would be accepted off the field. The writer thought it best he stayed in Philly and they let Maclin go

RBH

201311031147424514244-p5.jpg

cdyhybrid

I forget myself. I need to remember you're a Seahawks fan and as such are completely okay with overpaying receivers to play when the mood strikes them.
You're right, I forgot the new collective bargaining agreement forces teams to give every free agent they sign a $100 million contract.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
I forget myself. I need to remember you're a Seahawks fan and as such are completely okay with overpaying receivers to play when the mood strikes them.
Let's not confuse receivers here. Sidney RIce isn't being discussed, but Doug Baldwin. If you think Baldwin is entirely unremarkable, then you haven't been paying attention.

squicken

Tate and Baldwin are good. I'm not sure how good they would be if they played for Brady or Manning. Might be best in run heavy offenses. Good blockers that can win contested balls but seem to catch most designed passes in lots of space

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Tate and Baldwin are good. I'm not sure how good they would be if they played for Brady or Manning. Might be best in run heavy offenses. Good blockers that can win contested balls but seem to catch most designed passes in lots of space
That's because Baldwin is good at getting separation. He also does sideline catches like a boss.

bionic77

:jnc @ eSports

I was the Michael Jordan of SOCOM though
I associate Jordan with the butt rape of elderly and underage centers that can't protect themselves.

Not sure how that translates to SOCOM but I am pretty sure that you are announcing that you were a huge scumbag.

Let's not confuse receivers here. Sidney RIce isn't being discussed, but Doug Baldwin. If you think Baldwin is entirely unremarkable, then you haven't been paying attention.

I don't think Doug Baldwin is entirely unremarkable. In fact, I don't think any of those receivers are unremarkable, but Squicken asked who i'd take. All of those players stats line up perfectly with Emmanuel Sanders, a player who the Steelers are almost guaranteed to get rid of this offseason. If he won't get paid by the team, why would any of these guys?

A free agent WR IMO should be one of two things; a depth signing or a superstar signing. These guys are too good for the former and not good enough for the latter.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Why dont you target him more then? He is 87th in the league in targets
That would imply two things, that Seattle passes more, and that Wilson favors a receiver more. Neither are likely to happen.

Coaches were also rather stubborn on giving him snaps early on with Rice around, but now with him gone there's nobody in the way!

A free agent WR IMO should be one of two things; a depth signing or a superstar signing. These guys are too good for one and not good enough for the other.
Ah, fair enough.

bionic77

:jnc

wow, that was fast

do you have a GAF search of "Jordan" set as your home page?
That would be a pretty shitty homepage.

No I just sensed some evil and it led me to your post. This power only works on OT and Community OT though. In gaming side my senses are overwhelmed and become useless.

It obviously is a big deal if the OP feels like it's affecting their relationship. You can always save the game, come back and play. It's not that serious. Asking him to "ride it out" when he's already feeling neglected is kinda dumb .

Might want to put it out there before resentment sets in.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=736681

man there are some real jems in the OT today. i don't know how somebody types that with a straight face. i want some booze.

How big is it ?

The finals of their past season packed the Staples Center and had several million concurrent viewers online watching.

The soccer thing was an exaggeration but major tournaments for LoL and DotA2 are being watched by 3-5 million people which absolutely destroys the kind of numbers games like StarCraft, Counter Strike, Halo or even Evo were bringing in.

People are getting paid salaries and sponsorships to play computer games. You can get an athletic visa to visit the US and participate in eSports competitions.

It'll probably never top the Super Bowl, but things have progressed a lot from the days of 200 people gathering to watch some dudes play CS.

squicken

I
A free agent WR IMO should be one of two things; a depth signing or a superstar signing. These guys are too good for the former and not good enough for the latter.

I hope that teams now realize there are no #1 WRs in free agency. If someone signs Eric Decker as a #1 they are crazy. The best you can find is a co-1 or a good #2. Baldwin and Tate are in the Hines Ward mold, but they aren't nearly as skilled in a pure slot WR role. But they are the kind of guys who are great in the slot for a ground and pound team

I think either guy would be fantastic with the Redskins. They will move away from Shanny's system, but will still be a running team. Both would be good replacements for Smith in CAR, but can't co-exist with him

jakncoke

Banned
The finals of their past season packed the Staples Center and had several million concurrent viewers online watching.

The soccer thing was an exaggeration but major tournaments for LoL and DotA2 are being watched by 3-5 million people which absolutely destroys the kind of numbers games like StarCraft, Counter Strike, Halo or even Evo were bringing in.

People are getting paid salaries and sponsorships to play computer games. You can get an athletic visa to visit the US and participate in eSports competitions.

It'll probably never top the Super Bowl, but things have progressed a lot from the days of 200 people gathering to watch some dudes play CS.

Damn. I knew it wasnt in the 200 range, but never figured it'd be past like 50k concurrent viewers

rando14

I hope that teams now realize there are no #1 WRs in free agency. If someone signs Eric Decker as a #1 they are crazy. The best you can find is a co-1 or a good #2. Baldwin and Tate are in the Hines Ward mold, but they aren't nearly as skilled in a pure slot WR role. But they are the kind of guys who are great in the slot for a ground and pound team

I think either guy would be fantastic with the Redskins. They will move away from Shanny's system, but will still be a running team. Both would be good replacements for Smith in CAR, but can't co-exist with him

Hmmm what about KC?

Seahawk fans seem to be good at not seeing what they don't want to....

Don't even try to pretend like we ain't boys bionic!! When I'm a doctor I was gonna direct my MVA patients to you!!

I agree that a run first team would be a good landing spot. My issue is the terms. What run first team is going to drop coin and years on a slot guy? Sanders is looking for a 3 year deal. Is that worth what he does? Why not just gamble on a young receiver on your roster?

Whatever happened to that last guy? He was in every film in the 80's.

Top Bottom