• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 16 |OT| The Jungle

Crisco

Banned
Byron Bell really isn't that bad for an UDFA. He's actually a decent run blocker, and has gotten better at pass protection. The Panthers are so lucky Gross returned to his pro bowl form this year, the line would be mega fucked otherwise.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Sacks allowed leaders

sac1eqku7.jpg

sac23mjfa.jpg

Surprised there are only 2 Jets on this list.

Vio-Lence

Banned
nice not seeing any chicago bears lineman on that list for a change. although its more to do with scheme than talent. The Bears still need to upgrade over Roberto Garza at center who's been horrible all year, and Jordan Mills has been below average at RT.

Hunter S.

Regarding the sacks allowed leaders chart, if Ryan Clady was not inured all year and had not been replaced by Chris Clark there would be no Bronco on the list. Boooo!

Is the Artful dodger the only Raider fan that is not a banned raider fan? So well spoken it is unreal.

I know we avoid FF talk here but this is my team going into the final and I don't know if I should start Denver at D or Balt?

Flacco
Wallace
Thomas (Den)
Boykin
J Charles
Murray
Gonzalez
Prater
Den D or Balt D?

Hunter S.

I'm going to miss watching Manning play, what he does to control how a defense plays him is amazing.

He is signed for three more years. I would not be too surprised if he plays three more years. the Broncos will continue to invest in the offensive line and try to limit his hits.

Am I wrong for not getting the appeal of Dark Souls? Gaming side worships it, but it seems to me that they only like it because its so hardcore. It lets them say IM A REAL GAMER, FUCK THAT CALLADOODY NOISE.

Is there actually anything to it other than just being balls hard?

rando14

Am I wrong for not getting the appeal of Dark Souls? Gaming side worships it, but it seems to me that they only like it because its so hardcore. It lets them say IM A REAL GAMER, FUCK THAT CALLADOODY NOISE.

Dark souls has some of the best gameplay in an ARPG I've ever played. DS isn't reallyTHAT hard imo, it's just unforgiving and refuses to hold your hand (even with the story, the player has to make an effort to understand the story). For example I died a shitload but I never felt it was really unfair and I was always motivated to try again. Crappy games that are hard don't have nearly that much replay value.

Sorry to hear you're not enjoying the game, what don't you like? Would you like some tips?

Dark souls has some of the best gameplay in an ARPG I've ever played. DS isn't reallyTHAT hard imo, it's just unforgiving and refuses to hold your hand (even with the story, the player has to make an effort to understand the story). For example I died a shitload but I never felt it was really unfair and I was always motivated to try again. Crappy games that are hard don't have nearly that much replay value.

Sorry to hear you're not enjoying the game, what don't you like? Would you like some tips?

No I'm not playing, just watching gameplay of it.

Hunter S.

My brother loves it because even though it is hard as fuck, it is heavy on player versus player as well as multiplayer. which makes it kind of competitive. i see not much difference in that aspect of the game than CoD. forum gamers have really different opinions compared to most gamers, most of which are strange.

squicken

Mettenberger...

Mettenberger is so bizarre. Can't see him going so high when he's not even sure to be ready for training camp. I was never impressed with his game in the first place, tho

Makes sense.

Really find it hard to believe though that the Titans go into next season with Jake Locker as their longterm QB.

I actually liked Locker's game this year. There's always a debate in the NFL as to whether there is such a thing as injury prone. Is Locker just unlucky or is he more likely than others to get hurt? His biggest drawback so far has been availability

rando14

No I'm not playing, just watching gameplay of it.

ah I see, yeah I probably wouldnt enjoy watching it, it can be very repetitive and dry if the player sucks/dies a lot. It's much more fun to play and to discover places on your own.

Oh yeah forgot to mention that DS has some of the best bosses in an RPG I've played too!!

Heh, it's probably in my top five of all time.

I think the whole difficulty thing is a pretty big misconception with DS. The game is tough, yes, but more than that it's demanding of the player in a very unique way. It isn't all about dexterity like with Ninja Gaiden or many other third person character action games, but instead it's about playing patiently and learning how the game works. A lot of times the reason you're dying isn't because of raw difficulty, it's because you aren't slowing down and thinking about what the game is throwing at you. It requires deliberate and well thought-out actions, and because of that it's incredibly rewarding when you finally overcome the challenge in front of you.

On top of that the level design in the game is simply phenomenal (with a few exceptions). The entire world is connected and intertwined, almost like a 2D Zelda game, but there is very little hand-holding, it's up to you to discover where to go and what to do. As you play you'll continuously open up shortcuts that reveal more and more how the world is connected, and a lot of times it'll blow your mind when you first see it.

I could go on and on. An incredible combat system, solid RPG mechanics, innovative multiplayer features, and some of the best boss fights in gaming are all on display here. It's just a fantastic experience from start to finish but I will admit that it's very demanding and not for everyone.

Top Bottom