• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 16 |OT| The Jungle

rando14

But cdy said Seattle was known for it's cold weather climate!

Just stay home, bro. It's safer and a lot better for your state of mind.

Yeah I'm going to call and see if I can ditch

I also like to point out that this chick can sit on my face and bounce on my face as hard as she can then I can be put through the concussion protocol afterwards

:jnc

FMT has been such a good influence on us!! :')

89 is in full pads today after sitting yesterday out with a dislocated finger, he will play on Sunday.

A few things to watch for:

-Greg Hardy will be matched up with the Saints rookie LT Terron Armstead. The guy he replaced, Charles Brown completely shut Hardy down two weeks ago in the dome. Zero sacks, very little pressure, he was pretty much out of the game.

-Weather forecast on Sunday:
71 degrees
Scattered T-Storms
60% chance of rain
18 MPH winds with potential gusts to 30 MPH

The hell with snow.

Ej4vaI2.jpg

Oh yeah, so the Raiders "meltdown" has sorta been explained to me. Turns out alot of our Defense this year has been playing a Career high in snaps.

I can't wait till we have a salary again and we can field a real team.

jakncoke

Banned
Oh yeah, so the Raiders "meltdown" has sorta been explained to me. Turns out alot of our Defense this year has been playing a Career high in snaps.

You'll just over pay a bunch of average players and still be the Raiders

I still think losing DJ Hayden is the biggest factor. Defense allowed 23 ppg with him, 33 ppg since he's been out. He elevated the whole defense, allowed Porter to not worry about anything in the slot, and Jenkins was fine on the no.2. With Adams, Porter isn't comfortable, takes no chances, plays safe. And the blitzes aren't as effective without him playing on the outside, Tarver and DA have not trust in Adams, thus fewer sacks, fewer blitzes, fewer turnovers and terrible pass d since he's been gone.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Drug tests??

:jnc

What team are my fellow Jets fans squickening onto for the rest of the season? I've been riding that Panthers bandwagon since they started this year off like shit, Brian Burke's model always believed in them and it finally showed. Analytical Ron is too hard to root against.

I still think losing DJ Hayden is the biggest factor. Defense allowed 23 ppg with him, 33 ppg since he's been out. He elevated the whole defense, allowed Porter to not worry about anything in the slot, and Jenkins was fine on the no.2. With Adams, Porter isn't comfortable, takes no chances, plays safe. And the blitzes aren't as effective without him playing on the outside, Tarver and DA have not trust in Adams, thus fewer sacks, fewer blitzes, fewer turnovers and terrible pass d since he's been gone.

Yeah, looking at our Secondary now, reminds me why we went DB first round last year as oppose to building up that DL.

Tom Penny

The new Kobe injury got me thinking Wilfork is probably done. I can't image the track record of achilles is good for guys that damn big.

cashman

Banned
huh in cowboys 7 losses romo has 17 TDs and 3 ints

Romo has still been pretty terrible in a lot of those games. A lot of people like to pay attention to his late game failures, but he's been really bad at times at the beginning and middle of games too. Overshooting a wide open receiver is less lolworthy then having a defender make a really good play to get a pick, so nobody notices.

Crisco

Banned
The new Kobe injury got me thinking Wilfork is probably done. I can't image the track record of achilles is good for guys that damn big.

Yeah, same thing happened to Jon Beason. Tore his achilles in 2011 and then had a bunch of a nagging injuries to start 2012, ending with getting placed on IR due to torn cartilage in his knee. He was really never the same player, but it also looks like he was sandbagging it a bit in 2013 before getting traded to the Giants. He was really butt hurt to lose his job to Kuechly.

squicken

Mike Sando ‏@SandoESPN
Red zone turnover differential: Rams +7, Bills +3, 6 tms at +2. On other end, Patriots -4, Texans -3, 7 tms -2. Pats NFL-best +8 in 2012.

That will be a huge regression stat mentioned in the offseason

Romo has still been pretty terrible in a lot of those games. A lot of people like to pay attention to his late game failures, but he's been really bad at times at the beginning and middle of games too. Overshooting a wide open receiver is less lolworthy then having a defender make a really good play to get a pick, so nobody notices.

That defense though...

It's not about how many picks he throws, it's more about when he throws them.

Of those 3 picks two came last week and one against Denver, the other 5 losses weren't on him (throwing late game sealing INT)

I'm not going to defend him though, it was just an interesting stat.

Tom Penny

Coincidence or not Romo's Cowboys stink at the end of basically every year and they are good when the the games matter less in the 1st half of seasons.

That defense though...

Of those 3 picks two came last week and one against Denver, the other 5 losses weren't on him (throwing late game sealing INT)

I'm not going to defend him though, it was just an interesting stat.

Lol, I do think it's interesting. I'd be curious to see what percentage of his picks over his career were late-game.

cashman

Banned
Coincidence or not Romo's Cowboys stink at the end of basically every year and they are good when the the games matter less in the 1st half of seasons.

or you could say they stink at the end of the year when they lose all their starters, because they have poor depth.

Thanks jerrah!

Top Bottom