• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 16 |OT| The Jungle

Farooq

Banned
or you could say they stink at the end of the year when they lose all their starters, because they have poor depth.

Thanks jerrah!

I wrote that in my last Romo defense post.

Recent moves that hurt the Cowboys this season. (You already know this Cashman, but I am going to reiterate it because I feel like venting.)

28 million tied to Anthony Spencer and Ratliff. Jerry took a risk with Anthony Spencer, and it backfired. With Ratliff, Jerry rewarded an aging player for past performance and he did not play one snap. 28 Million could have brought in some quality depth.

Giving up a second rounder to trade up for Claiborne in 2012. Not willing to call Claiborne a bust yet, but a second rounder could have provided quality depth at a position, maybe even a starter.

Drafting Gavin Escobar in the second round this year. Fuck Jerry's board. BPA with Jerry means close to two decades of .500 ball clubs.

That does not even include the fact that Jerry neglected the defensive line since Big Tuna was the coach. 18 defensive linemen have been brought in this year (most of them off the street), to play in a defensive scheme that will get burned if you do not have talent at the defensive line. Oh, a defensive scheme that Jerry switched to because Rob Ryan's scheme was "too complicated". The real reason was that Rob Ryan had to deal with the same injuries and same shitty depth and Jerry obviously needed a scapegoat for another 8-8 season.

Anyway, two more decades of mediocrity?
Quietly sobs in a corner.

Yeah it has been a bleak 2 years for them with their cap. I hope Reggie is the right guy. The stuff about nearly taking Hayden at 3 and the Flynn signing are kind of worrying

Schneider looked pretty stupid for a while there too. If he comes from the TT cloth you know he's destined for nothing short of pure and utter perfection

Mrbob

No matter what, I think the Bears and Eagles play their starters Sunday night all game. Both teams are not only fighting for a playoff spot, but also the 3 seed. Having the 3 seed is better than the 4 seed should the teams meet up again. Plus if the Panthers win on Sunday that is a trip to Carolina in the divisional round versus a trip to Seattle.

What if this whole Rodgers injury is just a cover for a PED suspension of one of the NFL's poster boys? It's not like he hasn't been tied to a user

The Jordan rule. Pretend to retire instead of letting everyone know you have been banned for gambling.

All of a sudden that Shea McClellin pick ain't looking too shabby. A 1st round pick for 7-8 weeks of no Rodgers? Not too bad.

Haha. Guy is worthless and this will be his one claim to fame when he is out of the league two years from now.

Milchjon

According to Jeff Darlington:

"If Cam Newton can pick up 463 pass yards in next 2 games, he’ll move into 2nd place behind Peyton for most pass yards in 1st 3 NFL seasons."

Dan Marino is third.

And he's only 24!

Lions lose? lol

Cruz, JPP, and Hillis are out. May not even see Diehl and Brewer, so they would be forced to start more backups in Brandon Mosley and Dallas Reynolds. Jerrel Jernigan is also questionable, and he's suppose to be the slot guy now that Cruz is out.

I'd expect a 31-3 game or something.

Pretty good prediction, yeah.

Game is going to be a mess but at least some of those young offensive lineman will get on the field!

Bread

Banned
According to Jeff Darlington:

"If Cam Newton can pick up 463 pass yards in next 2 games, he’ll move into 2nd place behind Peyton for most pass yards in 1st 3 NFL seasons."

Dan Marino is third.

And he's only 24!
he's good but he's no matt stafford

gutshot

Eagles could play Vick and he could play lights out and still wouldn't be an issue. But I wouldn't want him to play only because if they do make the playoffs I want Vick 100% as the back up. Worst case scenario, Eagles go into SNF with nothing to play for, start Vick, he gets hurt, and then if they end up making the playoffs Barkley has to come in due to injury to Foles.

They could start Barkley against the Bears to throw him a bone. Go into the game with Barkley and Casey as his back up QB.

I would like to see a lot of the depth guys across the board get more play time.

But I really don't think the Eagles will rest anyone even if this scenario comes up.

Chip has already gone on record saying he is not going to rest any starters, no matter what. Trestman has said he would consider it.

Best case scenario for the Eagles is Packers win, Lions lose, Cowboys lose and then the Eagles can clinch the NFC East against a Bears team that is resting Marshall, Jeffery and Forte.

JABEE

Chip has already gone on record saying he is not going to rest any starters, no matter what. Trestman has said he would consider it.

Best case scenario for the Eagles is Packers win, Lions lose, Cowboys lose and then the Eagles can clinch the NFC East against a Bears team that is resting Marshall, Jeffery and Forte.

LET'S GO EAGLES!

effzee

Lions lose? lol

Cruz, JPP, and Hillis are out. May not even see Diehl and Brewer, so they would be forced to start more backups in Brandon Mosley and Dallas Reynolds. Jerrel Jernigan is also questionable, and he's suppose to be the slot guy now that Cruz is out.

I'd expect a 31-3 game or something.

Never underestimate the Lions when it comes to setting the bar on lowering the bar.

Yeah it has been a bleak 2 years for them with their cap. I hope Reggie is the right guy. The stuff about nearly taking Hayden at 3 and the Flynn signing are kind of worrying

Was Reggie behind that terrible Palmer trade?

YES PLEASE.

Cousins better come through.

Fun fact: AnnaSophia Robb was a favorite of George R. R. Martin's to take the role of Daenerys Targaryen early on in the casting process.

4LYtBJ1.gif

Top Bottom