• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 17 |OT| The Sentimental Drunk

12/26 means fair game. :p

I figure we'll at least be eliminated in the second round instead of the first like you guys.

And a niners fan talking about the personality or likability of a QB is like a Cubs or Maple Leafs fan talking shit about championships. Makes no damn sense.

Kap leads the 2011 qb class in playoff wins! That makes him likeable in my eyes!

I keep seeing stuff about the Jets fighting for Rex Ryan to keep his job next week. Will anyone actually care if they finish 7-9 or 8-8? What difference does it really make at this point?

Cowher said the same going into a game against the Bengals a few years ago. Basically he said "Misery loves company... and we're looking for company." They went out and trounced the Bengals and kept them out of the playoffs.

I'm hoping the Jets do the same to the Fins. And the Bengals beat the Ravens. And the Chiefs beat the Chargers.

And the Steelers beat the Browns and we somehow get in.

JCizzle

Cowher said the same going into a game against the Bengals a few years ago. Basically he said "Misery loves company... and we're looking for company." They went out and trounced the Bengals and kept them out of the playoffs.

I'm hoping the Jets do the same to the Fins. And the Bengals beat the Ravens. And the Chiefs beat the Chargers.

Crazy how that isn't totally implausible

I expect the jets to come out and play harder then the dolphins, even though jets have nothing going on and we still have a good chance at a playoff spot. smh

You know, I could totally see all of that happening. As a Dolphins fan how can I have any faith whatsoever in this team after that performance in Buffalo? It doesn't matter that they beat the Jets 23-3 the last time they played, this team is totally unpredictable. Sometimes they seem to have all kinds of heart and drive (like the Pats game) and other times they just don't show up at all. It's baffling.

Bengals beating the Ravens seems very possible after the Ravens performance against the Pats. Chiefs over Chargers might be a little tougher since the Chiefs will probably sit their starters for most of the game but you just never know.

I want the Dolphins to make the playoffs just to see them (and Tannehill) take that next tangible step but at the same time I know how the story will end. At this point I'm looking forward to the Dolphins having four new o-linemen next season more than anything.

You know, I could totally see all of that happening. As a Dolphins fan how can I have any faith whatsoever in this team after that performance in Buffalo? It doesn't matter that they beat the Jets 23-3 the last time they played, this team is totally unpredictable. Sometimes they seem to have all kinds of heart and drive (like the Pats game) and other times they just don't show up at all. It's baffling.

Bengals beating the Ravens seems very possible after the Ravens performance against the Pats. Chiefs over Chargers might be a little tougher since the Chiefs will probably sit their starters for most of the game but you just never know.

I want the Dolphins to make the playoffs just to see them (and Tannehill) take that next tangible step but at the same time I know how the story will end. At this point I'm looking forward to the Dolphins having four new o-linemen next season more than anything.

Kinda sucks that unless we get embarrassed by the jets (which can happen) we played we'll enough to have Ross keep Ireland for another year.

Milchjon

I'm kinda rooting for the Dolphins instead of the Ravens. They may be harder for us to manage in the playoffs, but losing to the Ravens would sting much harder.

Milchjon

The way it looks right now, the only thing I care about in the playoffs is that someone shits into Peyton's mouth. Don't care which team does it, just wanna see him out.

Other than that (and the Ravens, Steelers, Packers and Giants not making the SB), I don't care about much.

I'm kinda rooting for the Dolphins instead of the Ravens. They may be harder for us to manage in the playoffs, but losing to the Ravens would sting much harder.
Pats vs. Dolphins in the playoffs would be so scary...

The way it looks right now, the only thing I care about in the playoffs is that someone shits into Peyton's mouth. Don't care which team does it, just wanna see him out.
:jnc

Wrayfield

I think a strong D line is just too much for us. This offense is so shaky, any kind of consistent pressure and run stuffing makes it a highschool offense. I said it before and I say it again, we have no business in the playoffs this year.

Don't think Belichick and Brady will make the same mistakes. If it comes to another game, it will be one sided in your favour.

Tom Penny

They played fairly well, statistically at least. The last drive is basically just a bit of luck or bad luck.

They scored 1 TD in 4 redzone trips in that game and were amongst the worst in the league in the redzone minus Gronk. He has no replacement except for changing their offense to commiting to the run far more often. I have no faith Josh Mcdaniels will do that even though they have to.

squicken

Bengals are a first round lose no matter where they are. You know this is true.

idk if they get the Dolphins I have trouble seeing MIA win that game

tomcruisetopgun2.jpg

soon, rando. soon

MechDX

Tim MacMahon ‏@espn_macmahon 47m
Eagles might be healthiest team in NFL history. No 53-man roster transactions since season started. No starters limited/DNP on injury report

Wonder if the Eagles will be "that team" this year in the playoffs.

MechDX

Eagles don't impress me.

Russell won't let me down.

Seahawks got beat, at home last weekend. Playoffs shaping up like every season.

Hands on favorite stumbles and some dark horse comes out of nowhere. I would predict the Cardinals for the dark horse but they will get shafted

MechDX

We will see but I don't see anyone going in there and winning in the playoffs. I think they are as close to a lock as you will ever see in the playoffs.

Like the Broncos last year? The Seahawks will not make the Superbowl

The AFC playoffs will be a comedy of errors and craziness. I honestly have no clue

idk if they get the Dolphins I have trouble seeing MIA win that game

Clay will shit all over that defense! Believe Dolphins-Gaf!

No one in the NFC can beat the Seahawks, the Eagles turn around is still very impressive. Offensive genius Andy Reid only won 4 games with this same talent last year.

Not true and not true. Sometimes a change of head coach is needed for a team. Reid is still a very good coach, it was just his time to move on. Anyone can beat anyone any given day.

The 1988 Miami Dolphins gave up 7 sacks over the course of the season.

The 2013 Miami Dolphins have given up 58 with a game to play.

The 2013 Miami Dolphins also gave up 7 sacks in a single game.

Top Bottom