• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 17 |OT| The Sentimental Drunk

All this Romo isn't playing, Dallas has no shot, and the Eagles are going to win no matter what TALK has me really scared.

I have seen bad Foles once this season against Dallas earlier. I have seen the team completely lay an egg and not seem to care just two weeks ago against Minnesota. I have seen backups come in and perform well (Foles and McCown).

I just hope works his magic and gets the team juiced up to play no matter who is QB. If McCoy runs like he did against the Bears we should be in good shape. Yeah I know Bears D stinks but I thought McCoy was running with a little something extra.

He was so much quicker to the holes and wasn't wasting time dancing around int he backfield.

This would be perfect.

Romo has magic, when the media & fans start piling up the hate & doubts about him, he does a 180 & does his miracle plays to win & put the haters in their place.

Cowboys in the playoffs, on a Romo wining last drive, bank on it.

ShaneB

Confirmation that Rodgers will be playing.... the Packers suddenly turn into an NFC powerhouse again. God dammit.

I was 100% correct in my prediction.

L0jYYSu.jpg

All luck

Fucking Fraudgers what a pussy. Coming back in week 8 of a 6-10 week injury. Grow a pair.
Stop Shia LeBouffing material from JSOnline. ;)

rando14

Speaking of Derrick Rose, I remember joking that Kevin Ware (Louisville bball player whose leg snapped in two) would probably be back before Rose was. I was mostly right

Ware's injury, while graphic, was actually not that bad and a pretty simple fix. Rather fracture a bone than tear an ACL.

Farooq

Banned
Their Run D isn't as bad as Chicago's.

Again the Bears have the worst run D.

Cowboys might not be a worry if our passing game is on point from the start, but one of the main reasons McCoy was able to go nuts on the Bears is because of their run D.

Without Sean Lee, Dallas' run defense is just as bad. Barry Church is in the Top 10 in tackles. Just shows you how bad the front 7 has been without Lee.

Edit: I know sometimes Monte's scheme allows for the running back to spill to the Will/Safety. But the amount running backs getting to the secondary is ridiculous.

Pq4BBdA.gif

Cody Wallace (#72), backup emergency center vs. AJ Hawk (#50). Turns him inside out like a wet pair of jeans.

(Seriously he fell for Bell's inside fake, but he should have let the runner come to him).

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
LOL at NBC for picking the wrong SNF game.

rando14

Agreed!

But Rose had already been out for months at the time

There's a lot of talk now about these injuries and the body inadvertently overcompensating. For example Rose hurt his left ACL and shortly after he returned he injured his right knee meniscus. Then Kobe tore an achilles and when he returned he injured his knee.

ShaneB

Aaron Rodgers plays defense now?

In all seriousness, Rodgers coming back gives them a great chance to get into the playoffs and once you get there anybody can win it all, but I still would put the Packers below the Panthers and NFCW teams.

Oh I'll agree with you, the NFC is full of scary teams as I was discussing earlier, but it's obvious how much Rodgers adds to the Packers and turns them into another one of those scary teams.

Tom Penny

There's a lot of talk now about these injuries and the body inadvertently overcompensating. For example Rose hurt his left ACL and shortly after he returned he injured his right knee meniscus. Then Kobe tore an achilles and when he returned he injured his knee.

Kobe bumped knees I believe. Wasn't Rose another non contact? Kobe might have been a getting old and a law of averages thing.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Pq4BBdA.gif

Cody Wallace (#72), backup emergency center vs. AJ Hawk (#50). Turns him inside out like a wet pair of jeans.

(Seriously he fell for Bell's inside fake, but he should have let the runner come to him).

I think I've found the flaw in the Packers run defense. Six man box won't stop anyone.

Mrbob

Now that the Packers are playing their best QB, the Bears need to do the same. This game isn't a battle of the second best QB on each team anymore.

I think I've found the flaw in the Packers run defense. Six man box won't stop anyone.
Yeah, this is the biggest problem right now. The middle of the field (s and ilb) is so bad we have to sell out to stop the pass. Pass rush isn't awful, but it's mediocre. Not good enough.

And the middle of the field is bad in part because the coaching staff would rather play the guy who is awful, but rarely makes mistakes (brad Jones) over the guy who is capable of making a play (Lattimore) but gets lost occasionally.

and in part because TT has neglected that part of the defense in the draft (and is a nonparticipant in FA)

That's our 2DL base, Raji is useless, Daniels is alright at run stop.

The Packers problem is their personnel is build for the run, not the pass or pass rush.

Capers clearly didn't think much of the Steelers run game. Don't blame him, statistically it's awful, though that was mainly because the team was missing key personnel that was back for that game.

Top Bottom