• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 17 |OT| The Sentimental Drunk

Talamius

No one in the NFC can beat the Seahawks, the Eagles turn around is still very impressive. Offensive genius Andy Reid only won 4 games with this same talent last year.

Scary ass Cards say hi.

North winner should have to play the Cardinals in a play in game. Winner gets the #6.

Milchjon

Wonder if the Eagles will be "that team" this year in the playoffs.

This_isnt_fair....gif

They could have the one seed and will probably have the 2 seed. Not really a long shot to me. I'd put SF, SEA and CAR as the equal SB favorites. Denver's not going anywhere with that defense
Well my logic is they are an unknown when it comes to the playoffs. They are an up-and-comer and they aren't really going to be on the radar until they make some noise in the playoffs.

I mean, come on, thinking about the Panthers winning a SB is crazy no matter how good of a season they've had!

Like the Broncos last year? The Seahawks will not make the Superbowl

The AFC playoffs will be a comedy of errors and craziness. I honestly have no clue
I don't see how you can say they won't make it for sure. They lost a home game to a desperate cards team when they had left off the gas some. Come the playoffs I think we are going to see the Seahawks at 100% and at 100% they are the best team in the NFC for sure.

According to Fox Sports Wisconsin,

Paul Imig @Paulimig

#Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers WILL start Sunday vs. Bears, according to a source.

Certainly not confirmation, but Schefter's also posted this:

Adam Schefter ✔ @AdamSchefter
Might not mean anything. But today, for first time in weeks, there's not doom and gloom surrounding whether Aaron Rodgers will be ruled out.

No one in the NFC can beat the Seahawks, the Eagles turn around is still very impressive. Offensive genius Andy Reid only won 4 games with this same talent last year.

Not quite. Their offense is really struggling at the moment.

Are they odds-on at home? Sure. But no one in these playoffs is unbeatable.

MechDX

If you had a healthy Gronkowski and/or some WR's that can catch you would have just a good a shot as any. But in the AFC it is still anyones game and I wouldn't discount that evil fuck on your sideline.

I don't see how you can say they won't make it for sure. They lost a home game to a desperate cards team when they had left off the gas some. Come the playoffs I think we are going to see the Seahawks at 100% and at 100% they are the best team in the NFC for sure.

Arrogance, cockiness, young.....it just wont happen

I know it's not NFL related but Rousey is one bad ass woman..watching her interview on ESPN she mean business. Even cursing "shitty"

ShaneB

Bullshit. Complete bullshit.

Agreed. I wish people would stop saying this. The Seahawks themselves know that anything can happen in the playoffs when no one gave them a chance against the Saints a few years ago. EVERY team that makes the playoffs can go on a run. Any team can play a perfect game on a certain Sunday in the playoffs and pull off some crazy stuff. I don't care who the Seahawks play in the playoffs, it will be a scary matchup against any team.

Wrayfield

They scored 1 TD in 4 redzone trips in that game and were amongst the worst in the league in the redzone minus Gronk. He has no replacement except for changing their offense to commiting to the run far more often. I have no faith Josh Mcdaniels will do that even though they have to.

Yeah, it isn't easy, but I think playcalling can help. Also, we had lots of luck on those RZ drives, not just the last one.

Panthers/Niners (Cards?) are all as good as Seattle at this point. And Saints/Eagles can both beat them in a one game scenario.

Odds are much better that Seattle gets taken out than otherwise. Their best bet is if they luck into the NFC North champ in their first game...

Talamius

Well my logic is they are an unknown when it comes to the playoffs. They are an up-and-comer and they aren't really going to be on the radar until they make some noise in the playoffs.

I mean, come on, thinking about the Panthers winning a SB is crazy no matter how good of a season they've had!

I think the NFC rep will be a South or West team. That's about all I'll commit to.

Could the Panthers get there? Sure, but not with offensive output like the Saints game.

Doomsayer

This is a trash statement.

They haven't locked up ANYTHING yet - not the division nor the #1 or #2 seed. Why would they step off the gas, especially against a division rival? The Cards defense destroyed the Seahawk offense, nothing else needs to be said.

Agreed. I wish people would stop saying this. The Seahawks themselves know that anything can happen in the playoffs when no one gave them a chance against the Saints a few years ago. EVERY team that makes the playoffs can go on a run. Any team can play a perfect game on a certain Sunday in the playoffs and pull off some crazy stuff. I don't care who the Seahawks play in the playoffs, it will be a scary matchup against any team.

Come playoff time any of the teams that make it can go all the way, it's a brand new season almost.

I think the NFC rep will be a South or West team. That's about all I'll commit to.

Could the Panthers get there? Sure, but not with offensive output like the Saints game.

Speaking of the Saints, can we give a round of applause to Rob Ryan? The offense gets all the press in NO, but fat Rex has secretly built a top 5 defense. Not sure how well they be able to keep it up without Vaccaro though.

If the Seahawks lose that number 1 seed, all bets are off. If not, it will be a much tougher road, but I think SF or Carolina could beat them at home now.

Eagles just need 22 points against the mighty Dallas D to set the all time franchise record. Crazy they have a chance to do that with 2 Barkely games

effzee

All this Romo isn't playing, Dallas has no shot, and the Eagles are going to win no matter what TALK has me really scared.

I have seen bad Foles once this season against Dallas earlier. I have seen the team completely lay an egg and not seem to care just two weeks ago against Minnesota. I have seen backups come in and perform well (Foles and McCown).

I just hope works his magic and gets the team juiced up to play no matter who is QB. If McCoy runs like he did against the Bears we should be in good shape. Yeah I know Bears D stinks but I thought McCoy was running with a little something extra.

He was so much quicker to the holes and wasn't wasting time dancing around int he backfield.

Eagles vs Dolphins in New York.......think about it

This would be perfect.

I am way more worried about the cowboys without Romo then with him. If Murray is going to average 7 ypc and the cowboys actually use him they will be tough to beat. We need Romo to play so that they pass 50 times and only rush 15.

Josh Gordon says his goal for 2014 is to be the "best wide receiver in the NFL."
By some measures, Gordon has been the best receiver in the NFL this season. His 1,564 yards are 72 more than anyone else, while his 19.6 yards per catch leads the league.
Via: roto
Dream team for next season already picking up steam !

effzee

I am way more worried about the cowboys without Romo then with him. If Murray is going to average 7 ypc and the cowboys actually use him they will be tough to beat. We need Romo to play so that they pass 50 times and only rush 15.

I'd still rather play Ordton.

Our run D isn't terrible where as our secondary has shown the ability to show no ability to cover.

I'd take my chances trying to stop Murray at the line of scrimmage then letting Romo go off with Dez. With Romo out the biggest advantage is Dez might be neutralized.

Still I worry overall. Heard something about Dez also in rehab today and not practicing? What happened to him?

All this Romo isn't playing, Dallas has no shot, and the Eagles are going to win no matter what TALK has me really scared.

I have seen bad Foles once this season against Dallas earlier. I have seen the team completely lay an egg and not seem to care just two weeks ago against Minnesota. I have seen backups come in and perform well (Foles and McCown).

I just hope works his magic and gets the team juiced up to play no matter who is QB. If McCoy runs like he did against the Bears we should be in good shape. Yeah I know Bears D stinks but I thought McCoy was running with a little something extra.

He was so much quicker to the holes and wasn't wasting time dancing around int he backfield.

This would be perfect.

If only there was a worse defense....hmmmm

Top Bottom