• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 17 |OT| The Sentimental Drunk

rando14

if the packers know what's good for them they should say rodgers is starting for intimidation factor but have actually have HoFlynn play in rodger's jersey!!

Capers clearly didn't think much of the Steelers run game. Don't blame him, statistically it's awful, though that was mainly because the team was missing key personnel that was back for that game.
It's part Capers, part our injury ridden team.
Jolly is our best DL and run-stopper and he was injured.

We're left to play too much dime or overload blitz because of the injuries and lack of talent.

Sucks.

9FkeN0j.gif

Love this. Just love it. Third hurdle Bell's done this season and he's cleared his man every time.

When he isn't healthy he is a detriment. He was terrible against Dallas. He didn't play enough against Pittsburgh to get a look. He's looked slow and lazy but I'm guessing it's just playing tentative due to the injury.

Out of curiousity, how many 16 game seasons has Matthews played?

eznark

Banned
Out of curiousity, how many 16 game seasons has Matthews played?

He is averaging two missed games a year. I can live with that as long as he is productive. It's not like the Packers can't afford to carry a guy who will miss a game or two. It's the beauty of refusing to sign free agents! You're never strapped for cash.

KaYotiX

Banned
I'm just worried Rodgers comes back and Shits the bed from being off for so long. Yeah he is a pro and all that but not playing in full speed games is going to show.

Hopefully he comes out and throws 8 TDs cause we will need them considering the Bears will prolly score 7 since our D is shit.

Rodgers looked horrid after his rest week against the Giants (oh god, don't remind me) but a bad Rodgers is still better than Matt Flynn.

I'm more worried about another injury than anything. This line is a fucking shitwreck.

He is averaging two missed games a year. I can live with that as long as he is productive. It's not like the Packers can't afford to carry a guy who will miss a game or two. It's the beauty of refusing to sign free agents! You're never strapped for cash.

Clay Matthews reminds me of Lamarr Woodley. Fast starts, poor finishes.

KaYotiX

Banned
Rodgers looked horrid after his rest week against the Giants (oh god, don't remind me) but a bad Rodgers is still better than Matt Flynn.

I'm more worried about another injury than anything. This line is a fucking shitwreck.

Hope McCarthy runs to set up the pass.... He needs to get the run game going early. I don't wanna see 5 wide every other down just because Rodgers is back.

eznark

Banned
It looks like Lacy will be out which, funny enough, might be the real nail.

Scratch that, Lacy was held out for precautionary reasons and is considered likely to play. Woo!

My ideal Superbowl:

Any AFC Team except New England vs Any NFC Team except San Francisco

Ideally, it be the Ravens in there, but, yeah....

Anyone but the Ravens and Pats from the AFC vs. Anyone from the NFC.

God would truly hate us all if the Ravens or Pats were to win in the season after the Ravens won. It's like a "fuck you, world" from heaven.

Yeah, but Philly Dallas will still get better ratings than GB Chicago would have.

NBC absolutely picks week 17, also why lol at picking the most popular team against one of the most popular? Cowboys Eagles will do better ratings then Packers Bears would have done.

With Rodgers playing I think the GB/Chi game will be more competitive. The Eagles should blow the fucking doors off the Cowboys.

Anyone but the Ravens and Pats from the AFC vs. Anyone from the NFC.

God would truly hate us all if the Ravens or Pats were to win in the season after the Ravens won. It's like a "fuck you, world" from heaven.

Don't want the Niners in there if the mini lifelong storm from last year was any indication.

Though I do think it would be funny if the 'Boys made it there without Romo.

Suite Pee

Willing to learn
As optimistic as I am for Sunday's game, there's still a part of me that thinks the Bears will win and Rodgers' arm will fall off.

Vio-Lence

Banned
Hope Rodgers plays well and sends the Bears and that bum Cutler packing. Wonka Trestman needs a new QB in town that doest throw TAINTS and red zone ints.

The only thing I can think about when I consider the upcoming winner-take-all game between GB and Chicago is "lol Detroit."

They are so who we (minus kas) thought they were.

MRSA

Banned
Titans update:

One more RB on the market next season, then.

There's gonna be a ton of washed up RBs next offseason. Ben Tate, MJD, Chris Johnson, Darren McFadden, and a few others. None of those backs are worth signing for what they'd be asking.

There's gonna be a ton of washed up RBs next offseason. Ben Tate, MJD, Chris Johnson, Darren McFadden, and a few others. None of those backs are worth signing for what they'd be asking.
...but after they're done asking and realize they're gonna have to take what they can get? Yeah, they'll find teams.

Back in 2008, Ben Roethlisberger was sacked a personal-high 26 times in the first half of the season, and in 2009 he was sacked a personal-high 50 times all season.
The first record fell this season, and the second looked to be in peril until the Steelers changed their offensive philosophy.

The full-season record could still be matched, but only if the Cleveland Browns sack Roethlisberger nine times Sunday in the regular-season finale at Heinz Field.

That's doubtful, because after being sacked 31 times in the first half of this season, Roethlisberger has been sacked only 10 times in the last seven games, six times in the last six games.

It's a product of Roethlisberger's good health, the play of his offensive line, and his radically improved ability to get rid of the ball more quickly.

The latter factor has been boosted by the increased use of the no-huddle approach, which is partly a credit to offensive coordinator Todd Haley and partly a credit to Buffalo Bills defensive end Mario Williams.

"The Detroit game we were almost all no-huddle," Roethlisberger said of the change in philisophical approach. "That game, or maybe the second half of the game before that, Buffalo. That part of Buffalo we did a lot of no-huddle because we wanted to slow down Mario off the edge.

"Those couple games right there were probably the point where we all kind of said, 'OK, this is when we're at our best.'"

And the numbers support that -- in a big way.

In addition to the 31 sacks, Roethlisberger quarterbacked the Steelers to a 2-6 record, a personal W-L record that had been topped -- in a negative way -- only one other time: the first half of the 2006 season when Roethlisgberger's Steelers went 1-6 after he missed the opener.

Roethlisberger also recorded a passer rating of 88.5 the first half of this season, his worst first half since 2008 (79.6).

But then came Williams, the Bills, and the second half of this season. The no-huddle was broadened and the numbers have improved dramatically: 10 sacks, 5-2 record, 100.2 passer rating, and he still has the Browns, his personal whipping boys, yet to play.

http://pit.scout.com/2/1359935.html

MechDX

Tate is still young enough to make an impact. The rest will just flounder for a while and settle in somewhere right before TC

MRSA

Banned
...but after they're done asking and realize they're gonna have to take what they can get? Yeah, they'll find teams.

Teams are more willing to take a flyer on a late round pick than throw up big money for a washed up RB. In fact, did any FA RBs sign a big contract this season?

I can see maybe Ben Tate getting picked up for reasonable contract as long as he goes to a ZBS/WCO team. But the guy is beat up as well for not having that many miles on his legs.

MJD and DMAC are both done after their Lisfranc injuries (Lisfranc injuries ruin careers)

Teams are more willing to take a flyer on a late round pick than throw up big money for a washed up RB. In fact, did any FA RBs sign a big contract this season?
Not sure why you're stuck on a big contract here. The point I'm making is that theses guys are going to have to face a harsh reality in FA and they'll take what they can get (i.e. team friendly, low money contracts). Some team will take a flyer on Chris Johnson on the cheap once he realizes he isn't going to make nearly what he's making with the Titans.

Top Bottom