• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 17 |OT| The Sentimental Drunk

MRSA

Banned
Not sure why you're stuck on a big contract here. The point I'm making is that theses guys are going to have to face a harsh reality in FA and they'll take what they can get (i.e. team friendly, low money contracts). Some team will take a flyer on Chris Johnson on the cheap once he realizes he isn't going to make nearly what he's making with the Titans.

Its pretty evident that Chris Johnson doesn't care anymore now that he's gotten paid. Who was the big name signed this season? Bradshaw?

RBs are a dime a dozen in this league, fuck, you're not even expected to actually run the ball nowadays. Just block and catch a swing pass every now and then. Its why teams are just willing to throw in a rookie RB in rather than a veteran FA. Except for the Giants, they just fuckin suck.

MechDX

Its pretty evident that Chris Johnson doesn't care anymore now that he's gotten paid. Who was the big name signed this season? Bradshaw?

RBs are a dime a dozen in this league, fuck, you're not even expected to actually run the ball nowadays. Just block and catch a swing pass every now and then. Its why teams are just willing to throw in a rookie RB in rather than a veteran FA. Except for the Giants, they just fuckin suck.

Futurevoid just got SNES'ed!

For the third time this season, 49ers safety Donte Whitner’s paycheck won’t take a hit for a hit that drew a penalty flag during a game.

Whitner said, via Twitter, that he won’t be fined for his shot on running back Steven Jackson in a 34-24 win over the Falcons on Monday. Whitner was flagged for unnecessary roughness after he broke up a second-quarter screen pass by drilling Jackson in the upper torso with his shoulder. Whitner was subsequently flagged for unsportsmanlike conduct for protesting the call. And he remained adamant that his hit was legal after the game.

“I didn’t lead with the crown of my helmet, he wasn’t defenseless, I led with my shoulder and hit him in the chest,” Whitner said. “So I don’t know what else what you want me to do.”

the funny thing is Jackson got up and was mad about the hit and expecting a flag. what a fucking pussy. i'm glad this bum is a perennial loser

MRSA

Banned
Does Raiders keep Rashad Jennings as their main back or do go after Tate or another RB?

Jennings is injury prone so you can't rely on him. Tate is a product of the system.

The Raiders will probably resign Jennings for a reasonable contract and proceed with a RB by committee. They have that Murray guy they drafted in the 6th round last year on IR, but apparently he's a fat lazy mother fucker. He's built and runs like DMac apparently.

There's a couple of big names that should be in the middle rounds of the draft; Seastruck, Hyde, Mason, Andre Williams......

Jennings is injury prone so you can't rely on him. Tate is a product of the system.

The Raiders will probably resign Jennings for a reasonable contract and proceed with a RB by committee. They have that Murray guy they drafted in the 6th round last year on IR, but apparently he's a fat lazy mother fucker. He's built and runs like DMac apparently.

There's a couple of big names that should be in the middle rounds of the draft; Seastruck, Hyde, Mason, Andre Williams......

Tate and Jennings would be a nice duo. Then with Reese at third down. Then again Raiders will Fk this up

Syrinx

It slips the mind but Tampa did really actually use a 6th overall pick on Trent Dilfer. Sucks to suck snes
What's funny is that every year at the draft, ESPN shows the clip of Kiper ripping the Colts a new one for not taking him with the second overall pick.

MRSA

Banned
Tate and Jennings would be a nice duo. Then with Reese at third down. Then again Raiders will Fk this up

Too much money tied up if you go with Tate and Jennings. It'll be Jennings, FA/Draft, Reece committee. While I still think Reece is the best FB in the NFL, that doesn't mean he should be taking a significant amount of snaps at RB. He's best at being a mismatch.

What are the Niners going to do at RB?

Who was the big name signed this season? Bradshaw?
Stephen Jackson was probably the biggest. 3 year, 12 million contract if memory serves though very cap friendly for Atlanta.

Except for the Giants, they just fuckin suck
This is true right now, yes. The Bucs have sucked since their inception though outside of that one year that Chucky knew the Raiders playbook inside and out.

Ok Packs got Rodgers back but no Lacy right? So who's Starks backup? No Franklin to back him up and he did have a great game. Til that fumble.. Just curious

Crisco

Banned
I'm gonna go on record saying that Cam Newton and the Panthers are majorly downplaying this ankle injury. I think he's legitimately hurt and it will affect his mobility somewhat. There is no such thing as "tweaking your ankle", it's a sprain and those don't heal overnight.

Wynnebeck

Banned
RODGERS IS COMING BACK ON SUNDAY!?

88U0w.gif

ARE WE ALLOWED TO DREAM?

tumblr_ll7e6fi43n1qe9r2fo1_500.gif

ONWARD BOYS! TO VICTORY AGAINST THE FURRY HORDE!

Animated-Gif-300.gif

Tom Penny

There's gonna be a ton of washed up RBs next offseason. Ben Tate, MJD, Chris Johnson, Darren McFadden, and a few others. None of those backs are worth signing for what they'd be asking.

Scrubs. It looks like the Colts got a steal for Richardson more and more everyday.

Too much money tied up if you go with Tate and Jennings. It'll be Jennings, FA/Draft, Reece committee. While I still think Reece is the best FB in the NFL, that doesn't mean he should be taking a significant amount of snaps at RB. He's best at being a mismatch.

What are the Niners going to do at RB?

Ray Rice 4 sale cheap

Tom Penny

haha that's a good point. Though one day he might not play in a division with 3 terrible teams

Love that argument except he has won over 70% of his games in career outside the division basically playing at least 4 of the best teams in 4 divsions nearly every single year and is 8-2 this year but cool story mang.

Bread

Banned
brady's deep ball may have declined but his looks are only getting better, even the biggest haters couldn't deny that.

PFF Pro Bowl Team

Their picks for ILB are...controversial

EDIT: I'll just list them here. Starters are bolded

QB: Manning Rivers Wilson Brees Stafford Brady
HB: McCoy Charles Lacy Murray Peterson Lynch
FB: Sherman Tolbert
WR: Brown Megatron Marshall AJ Jackson Jeffrey Nelson Gordon
TE:Graham V. Davis Witten Gonzalez
OT: J. Thomas Whitworth Dotson Loadholt Gross Staley
OG: Mathis Sitton Vasquez Wadford Fusco Wharton
C: Mack Myers Sullivan Kelce

DE: Quinn Watt Campbell Jordan Hardy Wake
DT: McCoy Suh Casey Williams Poe Dareus
ILB: San Francisco Johnson Dansby
OLB: David Houston Mathis Burfict Orakpo T. Davis
CB: Revis Grimes Sherman Peterson Rogers-Cromartie Lewis V. Davis Haden
SS: Berry Ward
FS: McCourty Thomas

K: Folk Tucker
P: Lechler Hekker
Returners: Patterson Tate
ST: Bethel Lane

eznark

Banned
Eight weeks of NFLN calling Rodgers a wuss for not playing just transformed into NFLN calling Rodgers reckless for playing with the injury.

Amazing.

Mrbob

Eight weeks of NFLN calling Rodgers a wuss for not playing just transformed into NFLN calling Rodgers reckless for playing with the injury.

Amazing.

Not like Rodgers is going to get hit anyway unless he is looking for contact like the first game. He literally ran into Shea.

Top Bottom