• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 17 |OT| The Sentimental Drunk

Anilx3

With the news that Schwartz likely isn't done and Chudzinski getting let go, I fully admit I have no idea what to expect in regards to coaching changes this off-season.

I mean, the ones that seem obvious:
Frazier
Munchak
Schiano

possible:
Dennis Allen
Philbin (after the way they folded at the end of the season with a relatively easy path to the playoffs)

I would think Shanahan is gone too, right?

gutshot

Nick Foles ends the season as the highest rated passer and sets an NFL record for best TD-INT ratio in single season (27 TD, 2 INT).

And people out there are still doubting him? C'mon, man.

Denver wins.
Spurs win.
Cowboys lose.

Good sports Sunday. Now, onto the playoffs. Hopefully Dungy was right with his comparison of Denver now to when they won the two SB's in the 90's. Guess we will find out.

bender

What time is it?
Only if Garrett is back, he preaches consistency above everything.

If you look at the age of the team and the cap space, they'd be lucky to get to 8-8.

By all accounts he is a moron. Hopefully he's able to realize this and hire a proper GM.

Don't get your hopes up. Like father like son. I lived in Korea during the 90s dynasty so I didn't get to see them play. I don't think I'll ever see a Cowboy championship.

Orton played pretty well, but he had a lot of trouble once the Cowboys got to the 30 yard line or closer. Remember, one of those TD's was Escobar making an amazing leap and the other was the Eagles selling out to try to end the game and Dez breaking the one on one tackle. The big killer, IMO, was when the Cowboys forced a turnover on the 20, and the Cowboys only got 2 yard and had to kick a FG.

Yeah, that was the big difference. Cowboys were very good with Romo in the red zone this season.

cashman

Banned
Nick Foles ends the season as the highest rated passer and sets an NFL record for best TD-INT ratio in single season (27 TD, 2 INT).

He didn't really impress me much this game, especially later on.

Farooq

Banned
Orton played pretty well, but he had a lot of trouble once the Cowboys got to the 30 yard line or closer. Remember, one of those TD's was Escobar making an amazing leap and the other was the Eagles selling out to try to end the game and Dez breaking the one on one tackle. The big killer, IMO, was when the Cowboys forced a turnover on the 20, and the Cowboys only got 2 yard and had to kick a FG.

Redzone offense under Romo was a lot better as well. 69.39% with Romo.

jWILL253

Banned
While no one should trust the Saints on the road (I can finally say that without any sort of underlying irony), they have a pretty good shot of beating the Eagles. They aren't a very good home team, generally speaking...

EDIT: When will the new thread go up?

While no one should trust the Saints on the road (I can finally say that without any sort of underlying irony), they have a pretty good shot of beating the Eagles. They aren't a very good home team, generally speaking...

With those fantastic Philly fans? You don't say.

and the saints aren't really a very good road team OR cold weather team. Have fun in philly!

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Guys/Gals its draft talk time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LkNvLP-WI5g

This Sammy Watkins highlight video, WOW, the speed, route running, soft hands....wow. Draft Sammy, have him opposite of Megatron and throw a little bit of money to Kenny Britt so he can learn some humility under Megatron and Stafford.

The long awaited Lions sequel to the Greatest Show on Turf will finally come to fruition.

vincenom.gif

Eagles offense starts and ends with the run. Foles has really simple reads based off of the stout run game stretching out the defense. Didn't see Foles get the ball to his late reads if the schemed stuff wasn't there. He should have had 3 intentional grounding penalties in this game - not indicative of a QB who's reading the whole field.

squicken

This Sammy Watkins highlight video, WOW, the speed, route running, soft hands....wow. Draft Sammy, have him opposite of Megatron and throw a little bit of money to Kenny Britt so he can learn some humility under Megatron and Stafford.

The long awaited Lions sequel to the Greatest Show on Turf will finally come to fruition.

http://cdn.ksk.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/vincenom.gif[/IG][/QUOTE]

I think DET needs defense more than another WR. Not that there isn't a need for a WR2, but secondary and LBs bigger issue

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Dear Chefs,

You ruined my birthday. Go fuck yourselves.

Hatefully yours,
me

P.S. Goodell and the refs can also eat a bag.

The eagles don't seem to have a good pass rush at all which what has killed Drew the last few losses on the road. If Drew actually gets time in the pocket, it won't be close. Unfortunately, I think the snow will be the bigger factor than being on the road. LeSean will also run all over us next week

gutshot

Eagles offense starts and ends with the run. Foles has really simple reads based off of the stout run game stretching out the defense. Didn't see Foles get the ball to his late reads if the schemed stuff wasn't there. He should have had 3 intentional grounding penalties in this game - not indicative of a QB who's reading the whole field.

He rarely had time to get to his late reads. Credit to the Dallas d-line for getting consistent pressure. Most QBs aren't going to do much when under that kind of duress.

Did you guys just see what they just said about the KC game. On the missed FG play the Chargers illegally had 7 players to one side of the line, you are only supposed to have 6. The league will acknowledge a flag should have been thrown and gotten another FG attempt.

Pittsburgh got so screwed on so many levels on that game.

Steelers screwed themselves more by being dogshit for most of the year. Can't lose games to the Titans, Raiders, Vikes, Bears or to the Dolphins at home during a snow storm. They had only a 6% shot to be in that position anyway and should be thanking their lucky stars that it was that close.

effzee

Do you think Foles is the guy?

Gotta say it looks like lightning in a bottle to me. Don't see him replicating this next year.

The great thing is with some of the top prospect college QBs deciding to stay for another year, the Eagles have a great situation on their hands now.

They have Foles and Barkley under contract. Vick is on a 1 year contract and I wouldn't mind him bring brought back as a back up if he doesn't get a starter gig somewhere else.

We go with Foles no doubt. If for some reason he complete comes back down to earth or is figured out, then Chip will have the chance to draft some of the QBs coming out in 2015.

As for your question. I don't know. I want to buy in so fucking much. I love what he has been doing. But there are things that bother me. His arm strength for one. He can't play well against Dallas. He took some really stupid sacks tonight. Missed Desean 2-3 times on that WR screen play. His lack of speed hurts because with the D so locked in on Desean and McCoy there were running lanes available and he either didn't take off or couldn't get much. Not to stir the pot but with Vick in, he would have taken off for 20 + yards.

But it could also be that our OLINE which has been super solid got manhandled by the Cowboys both times now.

Teams will have a full off season to prepare for him and Chip really. But then again Foles will have the whole off season as the clear cut starter. No QB competition or worrying. And if he fails Chip gets to draft his guy finally in 2015. .

bender

What time is it?
He rarely had time to get to his late reads. Credit to the Dallas d-line for getting consistent pressure. Most QBs aren't going to do much when under that kind of duress.

If the patchwork Dallas defensive line can get pressure on your QB it's time to start worrying.

Why is everyone shitting on Eagles fans because someone showed up here to rub it in?

Eagles fans have a well-deserved reputation.

Drew Brees in the cold
Tony Romo with the game on the line
Peyton Manning in the first round of the playoffs
Rex Grossman unleashing the dragon
Tim Tebow with an NFL job

Touchdown

Banned
Holy sh*t. I think I had about 14 different heart attacks watching that game...

Many things to note, but one that jumps out is in the 2nd half, when Foles was getting pressured and sacked and looked to be getting a bit skittish, Kelly adapted and RAN the ball, and ran it again, and again, getting yards on the ground and taking the edge off the pass rush. As much as I liked and defended Reid over the years, I don't think he would have made that adjustment. Kudos to Kelly & crew.

gcubed

With Vick in this game would have been meaningless and we'd be taLking about who's available early in the draft. He shouldn't come back, cut that tie that should have been cut before this year even started

Playoff schedule

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/10209522/nfl-playoff-schedule-2013-14

AFC WILD-CARD ROUND

SATURDAY, JAN. 4

4:35 p.m. ET on NBC: No. 5 Kansas City Chiefs at No. 4 Indianapolis Colts

SUNDAY, JAN. 5

1:05 p.m. ET on CBS: No. 6 San Diego Chargers at No. 3 Cincinnati Bengals

AFC DIVISIONAL ROUND

SATURDAY, JAN. 11

8:15 p.m. ET on CBS: TBA at No. 2 New England Patriots

SUNDAY, JAN. 12

4:40 p.m. ET on CBS: TBA at No. 1 Denver Broncos

AFC CHAMPIONSHIP GAME

SUNDAY, JAN. 19, time TBA

NFC WILD-CARD ROUND

SATURDAY, JAN. 4

8:10 p.m. ET on NBC: No. 6 New Orleans Saints at No. 3 Philadelphia Eagles

SUNDAY, JAN. 5

4:40 p.m. ET on Fox: No. 5 San Francisco 49ers at No. 4 Green Bay Packers

NFC DIVISIONAL ROUND

SATURDAY, JAN. 11

4:35 p.m. ET on Fox: TBA at No. 1 Seattle Seahawks

SUNDAY, JAN. 12

1:05 p.m. ET on Fox: TBD at No. 2 Carolina Panthers

NFC CHAMPIONSHIP GAME

SUNDAY, JAN. 19, time TBA

SUPER BOWL XLVIII

SUNDAY, FEB. 2, 6:30 p.m. ET, MetLife Stadium, East Rutherford, N.J.

Farooq

Banned

I don't know what game you were watching, but Foles had plenty of time. He just held onto the ball, because he will not throw to anyone that is not college open. How many times did he take a sack by holding on to the ball?

Dallas' defensive line is ravaged, and Eagles have one of, if not the best offensive lines in the NFL. Any competent QB uses the lack of pressure to rip up this Dallas defense. Dallas' defense leads the league in 400+ yard passers, partly because they get little to no pass rush on a QB

njean777

If the patchwork Dallas defensive line can get pressure on your QB it's time to start worrying.

Eagles fans have a well-deserved reputation.

They could have just had a good night, tbh this is the first time I have ever seen Dallas play good D this year. Scared me a bit tbh. Not to mention Foles really needs to either run the ball in those scramble situations, or look to Jackson/McCoy because there was plenty of times he could have ran for a first down when he just took the sack, and there was plenty of times Jackson and McCoy could have saved him from a sack and got a couple of yards just by catching the ball.

Irvin having a meltdown defending the Cowboys

WHat's he saying?

edit:

I predict Garrett stays. We will fire both coordinators. I suspect we will try to get Norv Turner back as Off Coordinator with the Browns firing their head coach.

We will probably go defensive heavy in the draft. Bye bye Hatcher and Austin

ha, I was watching his highlights earlier today. Right now it's looking like the first few picks will be QB heavy, plus Clowney. However, I'm also intrigued by Mike Evans from Texas A&M. Dominant 6'5 WR, opposite of Megatron? Awesome.

However...would you take Watkins or Evans over Darqueze Dennard, if he's on the board at 10? Solid CB for our shitty secondary. WR is a position you can find talent at in later rounds, if you know what you're doing. Unfortunately Mayhew has fucked up every WR pick.

Top Bottom