• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 17 |OT| The Sentimental Drunk

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
It's a stacked WR draft for sure. Not sure if he lasts until the 2nd, you never know, I like his teammate Greene as well, not sure if he comes out .

Think these big tall WRs will be coveted more than they were in the past. Honestly, who knows. Alshon Jeffrey pulled off crazy catches in college with a shitty QB and many discounted his ability due to quickness/speed issues.

Eating issues ;P

Coming off his Sophomore year, I figured Alshon would be a high pick. He was outstanding that year. Then came the weight problem, and had a down last year, and that must have stuck in GM's minds. Still ran a sub 4.5 in the combine (I think), and with his height and jumping ability, he sounds like a premium WR pick.

gutshot

I think the people saying that actually want a year or two of this type of play before he's crowned.

I'm not saying he's the next Peyton Manning, but he at least deserves some respect for the season he just put together. Obviously, sustained success will determine whether he is merely good or if he can take the leap to great. But he's well on his way to the latter.

He's only started 15 games in his career. Think about that for a second. He put up (statistically) the 3rd best season by a QB in NFL history before even starting a full seasons worth of games.

LJ11

Eating issues ;P

Coming off his Sophomore year, I figured Alshon would be a high pick. He was outstanding that year. Then came the weight problem, and had a down last year, and that must have stuck in GM's minds. Still ran a sub 4.5 in the combine (I think), and at his height and jumping ability, he sounds like a premium WR pick.

I think it was QB issues too, but I agree with you about his Sophmore year, thought the guy was a lock top 10-15 pick coming off of that year.

squicken

You keep trying to force this ridiculous narrative that they havent beaten anyone, or they are so lcuky, but everyone that follows football knows that good teams beat bad teams, that is how it always works. Outside of the Colts you could make a similar list for any of the playoff teams. Eagles lost 1 game all year with Foles at QB, you try and spin it how ever you want but Chip has done an amazing job this year.

The very post you quote I said Chip is a good coach. I pump the brakes on OMG hyperbole that seems to get tossed on whatever is sold as the next big thing or player or team b/c it almost never is

Bengals finished with the best defense in the AFC.

:D

borat-letterman-high-five.gif

AColdDay

my dick could coach a better game than garrett. guy is a fucking idiot and doesn't deserve to be any type of coach in this league

I think that there is a lot more to it than what we see at the surface. Remember that Garrett had his play-calling duties stripped from him, so we need to place the blame on our OC Callahan for the offensive playcalling. Honestly, I don't know what Garrett does now that his role has been diminished. Addtionally, there are so many things at work it is impossible to lay the blame on any one person. However, if you were going to blame someone, blame the person that enables Garrett, Callahan and Kiffen and put them into place.

We have a legacy of having shitty depth, poor coaching outside of those glimmering Parcells years and year after year of mediocrity. Whether it was Romo throwing the ball or Quincy Carter, whether it was Garrett or Chan Gailey, there is one person who has been consistently putting these people into place and we should lay the blame where it belongs.

gutshot

The very post you quote I said Chip is a good coach. I pump the brakes on OMG hyperbole that seems to get tossed on whatever is sold as the next big thing or player or team b/c it almost never is

Well I don't know if you want to call Chip's system a "revolution" or whatever, but they are the no. 2 offense in the league. Considering everyone was ready to anoint him the next Steve Spurrier going into the season, you can understand why us Eagles fans might enjoy a bit of gloating now?

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
The Eagles are a better team than Dallas and Green Bay is better than Chicago (not a shocker).

I just see a lot of the better teams winning today outside of maybe San Diego. No real upsets!

I hope Rodgers gets it together because the Niners are our anti-Packers like the Giants were and the Cowboys long before them.

LJ11

Was he decent in college?

You ever hear him do an interview, you wouldn't know it at all by the way he speaks, seems like a well spoken young man, but I think he has work ethic issues along with a laundry list of other things that no one really tells you about.

While he was with the Bills I didn't see anything special, but he had all this "talent," and looked good sophmore year with a shit QB at the helm.

He had 2nd or 3rd round talent if I remember correctly. The whole TEN team was weird in last year's draft. Patterson and Bray had lots of talk about football IQ. I think maybe Rogers was kicked off the team or transferred?

Was kicked off the team. Drug related rumors, rumors of selling drugs, rumors of flat out quitting on his team in the middle of a game and not giving a fuck. No idea how much of it is true.

squicken

Well I don't know if you want to call Chip's system a "revolution" or whatever, but they are the no. 2 offense in the league. Considering everyone was ready to anoint him the next Steve Spurrier going into the season, you can understand why us Eagles fans might enjoy a bit of gloating now?

That MNF game to start the year, you'd think he had discovered Cold Fusion. You are a fan and hear the hate, but as a general football fan all I heard was the hype. Very few writers were going to fall out of line from the Grantland football people

Was he decent in college?

He had 2nd or 3rd round talent if I remember correctly. The whole TEN team was weird in last year's draft. Patterson and Bray had lots of talk about football IQ. I think maybe Rogers was kicked off the team or transferred?

gutshot

That MNF game to start the year, you'd think he had discovered Cold Fusion. You are a fan and hear the hate, but as a general football fan all I heard was the hype. Very few writers were going to fall out of line from the Grantland football people

Yeah, the hype went into overdrive after the first game. But prior to the season and then a little later in the year as the Eagles struggled a bit, everyone was just waiting for Chip to flame out. But he didn't. So now we get to rub it in those people's faces!

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
So lets be honest.

Was this NFL year really that shocking? Outside of maybe the Chiefs most of the teams projected to be on the rise or good were good. The teams that were projected to have issues had issues.

All in all this season was pretty by the numbers IMO.

JABEE

It's 4

Saints
Packers
Giants
Ravens

All played the Iggles at their home opener.

This year it will be the EAGLES!!!!

E A G L E S EAGLES!!!!

I'm excited that the Eagles are back in the playoffs! It has been a bad time for Philly Sports these past couple years.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
At least you guys got a good pick for him. It looks like I'm going to be wrong about Richardson being a good player.

At this point, just pray for no Schwartz!

I wouldn't be shocked anymore if we do get Schwartz.

Why stop there? Schwartz with Schaub as our QB.

Why not?

Top Bottom