• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 17 |OT| The Sentimental Drunk

squicken

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet
Said on @NFL_ATL Live: Penn St. coach Bill O’Brien is high on #Texans radar. The plan between the 2 sides was to have an interview post-XMas

Seems to be the hot candidate since Shaw is staying put. Also seems like Whiz is getting lots of talk. Teams want offensive coaches

Striker

Do I need to go into some type of quarantine for that? It is Tampa Bay afterall!
He's not wrong about Giants and rookie backs. Jacobs was a goalline and short yardage man early on, often was easily disguised for opposing defenses. Bradshaw was able to move up the depth chart late in the season due to Ward's injury. His second season he got a bigger role, so he's probably the last one who's gotten that early load. Even so, he split with Brandon.

With Wilson, nothing is set in stone due to his neck. He still can't pass block consistently, the OL itself is trash, and Brown is oft-injured. Going into the offseason they definitely need to look at RB's somewhere. I wouldn't be counting on Brown and Wilson. Hillis should be a cheap guy to bring back, I wouldn't mind it for a 3rd back or so. Jacobs has bad knees, so he's done. I don't see any big contract or anything, but they do need to look at adding another that's starting caliber.

PFF Pro Bowl Team

Their picks for ILB are...controversial

EDIT: I'll just list them here. Starters are bolded

QB: Manning Rivers Wilson Brees Stafford Brady
HB: McCoy Charles Lacy Murray Peterson Lynch
FB: Sherman Tolbert
WR: Brown Megatron Marshall AJ Jackson Jeffrey Nelson Gordon
TE:Graham V. Davis Witten Gonzalez
OT: J. Thomas Whitworth Dotson Loadholt Gross Staley
OG: Mathis Sitton Vasquez Wadford Fusco Wharton
C: Mack Myers Sullivan Kelce

DE: Quinn Watt Campbell Jordan Hardy Wake
DT: McCoy Suh Casey Williams Poe Dareus
ILB: San Francisco Johnson Dansby
OLB: David Houston Mathis Burfict Orakpo T. Davis
CB: Revis Grimes Sherman Peterson Rogers-Cromartie Lewis V. Davis Haden
SS: Berry Ward
FS: McCourty Thomas

K: Folk Tucker
P: Lechler Hekker
Returners: Patterson Tate
ST: Bethel Lane

what is the controversey on ILB? both willis and bowman are better than your boy. i guess the controversey maybe that he's not listed anywhere

Funny how the Rodgers news probably made both Bears fans and Packers fans shit their pants, for different reasons. We'll be holding our breath every time Rodgers gets hit.

I for one am not expecting a lot from him, just to not make the occasional horrible decisions that Flynn was prone to. A Lacy that at least seems healthy will be just as important. And a defense that has a shred of pride.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
PFF Pro Bowl Team

5 Browns on dat list, Mmmmm.

Now to see if they resign the two who are free agents this year.

Both (Mack and Ward) have talked a good game so far saying they want to stay here. We'll see what happens.

Bread

Banned
woo mccourty

i like having a good safety, i hope belichick can find someone good to pair with him in the draft this year.

MechDX

Said on @NFL_ATL Live: Penn St. coach Bill O’Brien is high on #Texans radar. The plan between the 2 sides was to have an interview post-XMas

Yes! Like Squivken said if he is looking for the medical attention his son needs he will be right next to Texas Children's Hospital, one of the best in the world

Nightz

Is Rivers really playing that great?

He's thriving in Ken Whisenhunt's offense, and I'm sure his success is contributing to the interest in Whiz for coaching vacancies. I think Rivers still leads the league in completion percentage and is near the top in TD's, yards and passer rating, all while losing his top 2 WRs by week 2 (though Keenan Allen developing into a stud so soon helps). He's been given a lot more freedom to make changes at the line depending on what he sees, kinda like what Peyton does. Best part is...he's not making the boneheaded throws that we've seen in the past couple of seasons.

eznark

Banned
I miss all your posts about how the Revolution is just a gimmick and wont work in the NFL. Those were fun times.

Lol at PFF for taking fatford over Foles at QB.

Congratulations on needing a week 17 win to make the playoffs in the sphincter division of football. Revolutionary.

Michael Crabtree helped spark the 49ers' second-half surge on Monday, and he finished with 102 receiving yards, his first 100-yard outing of the season. But the man who will be covering him in Sunday's finale doesn't think the 49ers' wideout has fully returned from his torn Achilles' tendon.

"He's slowly getting back into the groove, like he's trying to get back in game shape, get back moving the way he used to," Cardinals cornerback Patrick Peterson said Thursday. "You can tell he doesn't look as comfortable as he did when he was healthy. That's going to come with time."

Arizona head coach Bruce Arians agreed. "I do not see the same guy," he said of Crabtree. "But he's getting really close."

The Cardinals - and Peterson in particular - know exactly what a fully healthy Crabtree looks like and is capable of. He missed the first meeting between the teams on Oct. 13. Last year, however, he had two of his best games against Peterson and Arizona. In the first meeting, he had five catches for 72 yards and two touchdowns. In the finale, he had the best game of his career - eight catches for 172 yards and two touchdowns.

Read more here: http://blogs.sacbee.com/49ers/archi...-crabtree-is-quite-himself.html#storylink=cpy

peterson should hope crabcakes isn't 100% because crabtree has owned him his entire career

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Great to see PFF give Stafford his dues:

Of the backups they all picked themselves but it was the inadequacy of others that cemented the selection of Stafford. He’s been poor recently but should we forget his fine start to the year?

Not only that but two of his last 5 games where he played subpar were in freezing conditions in the state of Pennsylvania.

Larry Warford, our rookie Guard, and of course Megatron got their dues.

My only beefs: Ndamakung Suh should be above Gerald McCoy, no fucking doubt about that. Hell Fairley should be above McCoy. And DeAndre Levy somehow did not even get listed even as a backup. Oh and Luke Kuechly did get shafted.

squicken

5 Browns on dat list, Mmmmm.

Now to see if they resign the two who are free agents this year.

Both (Mack and Ward) have talked a good game so far saying they want to stay here. We'll see what happens.

The Rams have just never landed "special" talents with all their draft picks. Jason Smith is the only outright bust recently, but Quinn is the only guy who will ever be an All Pro. Maybe Ogletree. Lots of nice players getting paid like they are studs

eznark

Banned
Great to see PFF give Stafford his dues:

Not only that but two of his last 5 games where he played subpar were in freezing conditions in the state of Pennsylvania.

Larry Warford, our rookie Guard, and of course Megatron got their dues.

My only beefs: Ndamakung Suh should be above Gerald McCoy, no fucking doubt about that. Hell Fairley should be above McCoy. And DeAndre Levy somehow did not even get listed even as a backup. Oh and Luke Kuechly did get shafted.

All that healthy talent, season over before week 17 after another epic collapse. No Detroit loser deserves any respect.

PFF Pro Bowl Team

No Edelman? boo

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
The way I see it Ward will be here no matter what, because we can franchise him. Mack not sure what will happen.

Good PR on Mack's side he has come out and said he will allow the Browns to match any deal he may get in free agency (if they don't sign him beforehand).

I just don't think the front office is very high on him...not sure why.

MechDX

Fun fact from local sports radio today: Not one former Lions coach, going back to Wayne Fontes, has ever gotten another opportunity to be a head coach in the league again

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
PFF Pro Bowl Team

WAT

Seriously, he has no business being anywhere near a Pro Bowl team this year.

I thought this was kind of funny:

Of course this doesn't include the 2013 games yet.

The Packers didn't have any 2013 late-game drives against Detroit. They handily won in Green Bay, Detroit handily won in Detroit.

Crisco

Banned
Ugh , if Rodgers really is coming back then the Panthers need to win even more this weekend. Going to GB for round one of the playoffs is no reward at all.

Mrbob

That article was written before the 2013 season started. Interesting to read in retrospect.

Ugh , if Rodgers really is coming back then the Panthers need to win even more this weekend. Going to GB for round one of the playoffs is no reward at all.

FMT asked me like 20 times last week in what scenario would GB be eliminated. He scurrd for his Niners heading into Lambeau for a Wild Card match up.

squicken

T
FMT asked me like 20 times last week in what scenario would GB be eliminated. He scurrd for his Niners heading into Lambeau for a Wild Card match up.

If SF embarrasses GB again, Capers has to be catapulted into Canada, right? He should accidentally come up with something that slows them down at least once it would seem

JABEE

Ian Rapoport said:
With details —> RT @NFL_ATL: Texans, #PSU coach Bill O'Brien agree to interview http://t.co/Ofx8YkyJe0

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/416359563554615296

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap20...exans-agree-to-interview?campaign=Twitter_atl

Mech!

Poor :jnc

League executives view O'Brien, the former New England Patriots offensive coordinator, as a very real possibility to leap from college back to the NFL. Rapoport notes that O'Brien's NFL buyout was reduced from $13 million to $6.5 million in March. That news was made public in June.

It is surprising from the outside than an NFL team would be so willing to pay a big buyout, but $6.5 million is a relatively small sum for an NFL owner. Rapoport reported that Lovie Smith has already interviewed for the Texans job.

Top Bottom