• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 17 |OT| The Sentimental Drunk

squicken

Just for squicken, I've compiled a list of the playoff teams and how many win
Going by this metric, it looks like the Chargers will be Super Bowl champs.

Good list. Chargers are such an interesting team. Colts too. They seem to play up or down to their competition. Both teams have a chance to win the AFC b/c both have a QB. I don't see a favorite in the AFC

eznark

Banned
So six teams in 2013 had more wins against playoff teams in a single season than Stafford has against teams with a winning record in his entire career.

Interesting stat.

gutshot

Good list. Chargers are such an interesting team. Colts too. They seem to play up or down to their competition. Both teams have a chance to win the AFC b/c both have a QB. I don't see a favorite in the AFC

It's interesting that the AFC teams seem to dominate that list. Don't most people consider the NFC a stronger overall conference?

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Lions have had heir first personnel meeting of the morning and nobody got fired.

You've got to be kidding me.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Is the Tampa 2 dead? Two of the worst defenses in the league ran the scheme, the Bears and Cowboys, both with hilarious outcomes.

The Cowboys transitioned into it so I can give them some slack, the Bears have steadily been declining over the last few years into their current dog shit. Just strange that they both run the system.

Speaking of dog shit, I went to SD when the Giants played out there and I forgot to post a trip report, will likely do it today I guess.

Doorman

Lions have had heir first personnel meeting of the morning and nobody got fired.

You've got to be kidding me.

Are you surprised? Even if they do end up firing Schwartz today, you had to know it wasn't going to be a quick shot. We don't operate like other NFL teams, it's not in the makeup of the ownership or management.

eznark

Banned
Is the Tampa 2 dead? Two of the worst defenses in the league ran the scheme, the Bears and Cowboys, both with hilarious outcomes.

The Cowboys transitioned into it so I can give them some slack, the Bears have steadily been declining over the last few years into their current dog shit. Just strange that they both run the system.

Speaking of dog shit, I went to SD when the Giants played out there and I forgot to post a trip report, will likely do it today I guess.

Bears actually went away from Tampa 2 for most of the season because Conte fucking sucks and was incapable of handling it, they didn't have the defensive line (with all the injuries) to stand up to the run and Briggs was the only linebacker on the entire team. They played more man and blitzed way more that they have in past years. Rodgers was describing it as unlike any Bears defense he had ever seen, said they almost never played any sort of shell coverages. It certainly appeared that way. Any time they went into a two high look last night Rodgers checked to a run and they got gashed. They just didn't have the horses so I think it's probably unfair to blame that.

Not sure with Dallas. They always just seemed to be missing assignments in the secondary. Seemed more like a personnel issue than a scheme issue.

Tenumi

Banned

Wes

venison crêpe
The Browns are the new Browns. Open season for shitting on Cleveland when Peter King piles on. Get a hard hat Browns fans, this is going to be a fucking awful off-season for you.

So it'll be a Browns off-season.

HAHAHAHA

ku-xlarge.gif

Was hoping to keep Frazier as a coach some where in defense. Players like him.

Team was a few stops away from making the playoffs. Anyone e but shanahan or kubiack

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Are you surprised? Even if they do end up firing Schwartz today, you had to know it wasn't going to be a quick shot. We don't operate like other NFL teams, it's not in the makeup of the ownership or management.

Not surprised as much as disgusted.

Worst record over 5 years since the expansion Buccaneers.
0-10 in last 10 December/January games.
Yelled at the team's own fans.

It makes zero sense. It should have happened sooner than Chudzinski. It should have happened after LAST year!

Takes time, man...

Leslie Frazier--fired
Mike Shanhan--fired
Rob Chudzinski--fired

It really doesn't.

eznark

Banned
Was hoping to keep Frazier as a coach some where in defense. Players like him.

Team was a few stops away from making the playoffs. Anyone e but shanahan or kubiack

They'll go offense. Objectively I'd like to see them go after Jay Gruden. He's shown a pretty good ability to get the most out of the talent he has, especially at the QB position.

As a Packers fan, I'd hate it. Good thing I have the utmost faith in the Vikings to do something moronic like hire Jim Mora.

Hammer24

Banned
Now I just wait for the glazers to decide to retain Schiano, who´ll jump ship in a couple weeks for the Penn job, and leave us seriously behind in the coaching search.
Would be a very fitting ending to this season. :s

Doorman

At this point, even moreso than the losing specifically, I kind of feel like Schwartz has to get fired just because retaining him into next year would generate nothing less than a disaster with fans and media. Public opinion has turned so completely that the question of his job status will be ever-present through the entire season, and with that kind of distraction and the way we KNOW it would eventually piss him off and set him off on someone or something, the distraction would lead to a ruinous season next year anyway.

Schwartz can complain if he wants to about fans booing his team at home, but he'd have to get used to it in a big, big way if he's still here next year.

Be careful about making Josh McDaniels the next coach of the Browns.

There is no doubt the Browns will be interested in northeast Ohio native and New England offensive coordinator McDaniels, even after his failed tenure in Denver. But those who know McDaniels tell me he’ll only take a job he’s convinced can be a winner. Right now, the Cleveland job has a moat surrounding it, with alligators swimming in it, so I think Cleveland will be hard-pressed to convince McDaniels it’s a great job for him. Maybe Detroit, if it opens, with a good quarterback who needs to be coached and some very good defensive talent, would be more up McDaniels’ alley. But he’s not the kind of guy itching to be a head coach, I’m told. He’s happy coaching Tom Brady and working under Bill Belichick, I’m told

LOL

McDaniels would attempt to trade Stafford for Ryan Mallett and when that doesn't work out, he would have pissed off Stafford who would demand a trade to Cleveland.

Plinko

At this point, even moreso than the losing specifically, I kind of feel like Schwartz has to get fired just because retaining him into next year would generate nothing less than a disaster with fans and media. Public opinion has turned so completely that the question of his job status will be ever-present through the entire season, and with that kind of distraction and the way we KNOW it would eventually piss him off and set him off on someone or something, the distraction would lead to a ruinous season next year anyway.

Schwartz can complain if he wants to about fans booing his team at home, but he'd have to get used to it in a big, big way if he's still here next year.

As I've said before, it will be worse than the "Fire Millen" disaster.

Remember when one guy brought a small "Fire Millen" sign into the stadium and security tried to chase him down on live TV?

Wrayfield

Browns could promote Norv to HC. He will make the playoffs a few times and early exits are a guarantee, still an improvement. The offense should be respectable and Horton will figure out the D. Just needs a QB.

Plinko

Schwartz in a meeting with ownership RIGHT NOW.

Mark Schlereth already bashing him on Twitter.

cashman

Banned
Cowboys have personnel issues all over their defense. Everybody knows about their line, but they need to draft another FS pretty badly, because Heath got destroyed this season. They could also stand to draft some linebackers, because they need a competent back up for Sean Lee and they need a Sam

jakncoke

Banned
haha that is a funny factoid

Steelers coach since 1969 = 3

Browns have 3 different coaches in 3 consecutive seasons

I wonder if they can go 4 for 4 ?

Plinko

That Jets video where Woody announced they were keeping Rex made me smile.

Someone is going to get a very good offensive coordinator in Kyle Shanahan and I think he's a future head coach down the road.

Mike doe? Lol kick rocks and don't let the door hit you..

I always thought O'Brien would get the Pats job before McDaniels.

I would like that. O'Brien seems to be a really smart guy, handled himself really during that messy situation at Penn State and he knows the organization. Give him some time to grow as a coach in Texas and he can come home.

Top Bottom