• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 17 |OT| The Sentimental Drunk

Patricia Traina @Patricia_Traina 5m

Giants finished with the NFL's 8th best defense, 14th best rush defense and 10th best pass defense.

Kind of illusion considering the number of back-up or shitball QB's that we played but generally I think the defense showed progress over a very poor 2012 season and with less talent to boot. Especially considering the horrible positions they were put in by a completely broken offense.

Some veterans that I would have been eager to cut earlier in the season had some nice seasons that makes it much harder to want to get rid of them (Tuck, Rolle) while others I would be just fine with fucking off for next year (Kiwi,Webster, Rivers).

Curious to see if Fewell is let go or not. This was the last year of his contract so he would need to be extended if he stays on.

jakncoke

Banned
Browns fans, just think. Your franchise went from winning 7 aafc/nfl championships in 10 years to having 8 head coaches in 16. But hey at least you're not the Cardinals.

Also lol wut at the 1961 cardinals having 4 head coaches

Bread

Banned
I would like that. O'Brien seems to be a really smart guy, handled himself really during that messy situation at Penn State and he knows the organization. Give him some time to grow as a coach in Texas and he can come home.
I'd absolutely take BOB over McD, but I didn't particularly like either as the OC here. At least O'Brien has shown that he can control a team as HC, McD was a disaster.

Wrayfield

haha that is a funny factoid

Steelers coach since 1969 = 3

Browns have 3 different coaches in 3 consecutive seasons

I wonder if they can go 4 for 4 ?

This is one of the most admirable things to me, a franchise that doesn't freak out if one year or a couple years things don't go that well. You have a plan, you execute. To me though so much of it is talent evaluation. Consistent fingerprint on what kind of player/what kind of coach you want. Steelers miss the playoffs - you hear hardly any talk of Tomlin losing his job. LeBeau's D struggling? Who gives a shit, man is a legend and he will figure it out next year. But we will give him talent that fits us. And they are convinced it will work and over the years, fuck me, it worked.

I envy every franchise that has that, not that there are many in the NFL. And that makes me sad, because I have only seen a last few years out of Shula where you could see a certain sense of direction. Even without the ultimate success, you had a feeling he knew what the fuck he was doing. Then you get someone like Ireland who clearly just hopes decisions will work out and to hell with any sense of direction and long-term planning. Let's give a LB who had one solid year 30 mil! Sure thing! And give another 20 more. It's not like we have a shitty O line and no run game to speak of. Sprinkle it with the occasional right decision (getting Wake out of Canada, hoping Grimes achilles holds up etc.) and you can go on being mediocre for the rest of eternity and hope no one goes perfect because '72, yadadada. Ah, fuck this shit!

MechDX

I would like that. O'Brien seems to be a really smart guy, handled himself really during that messy situation at Penn State and he knows the organization. Give him some time to grow as a coach in Texas and he can come home.

Bob and Teddy are the Next Generation Pats. Dat McNair money biiiiiiiiiitch!

Source tells @FOXSports that texans assistant coaches were told they could pursue other opportunities while head coach is being hired

Bye Wade!

Started from the bottom and now my whole teams still fucking here.

Oh well. New day, new optimism! Go browns!
It'll be a interesting offseason. one things for sure though,The front office dosent give a fuck what anyone has to say about them. Lessgo!

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=37324568&postcount=11982

Yeah, I know. It's just odd and sad how everything bad happens to that franchise. :(

BG is good people.
:/ Trent :( I was so young and happy then
Edit: lmao Saban rumors starting again

Wrayfield

Also, fuck me double-sideways, I forgot we had Dave Wannstedt for a while. Totally erased that from my memory. Just remember Jimmy (nice haircut), Saban (lying, cunting piece of shit), CamCam #1 (how about we go almost winless, goes so well with going perfect), Tony Sparano (not Soprano, I would love to have zombie Gandolfini eating Ireland's face away).

MechDX

Dont worry they'll interview one even though they already have their guy basically signed. Which is why the rule is useless basically.

Last report he told his staff at Penn State to prepare for a phone call for a job in Houston

Bob in Happy Valley making it rain bitch!

BigAT

haha that is a funny factoid

Steelers coach since 1969 = 3

Browns have 3 different coaches in 3 consecutive seasons

I wonder if they can go 4 for 4 ?

I saw something last night that the last four head coaching hires in the AFC North have all been the Browns.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Lions bros, this meeting is taking WAY too long. I have a bad feeling they're just NOW telling him "Make the playoffs or you're fired."

Not only that, but a Saban + Manziel package deal rumour. Vesuvius has nothing on this.

jqlk8YF.gif

Tom Penny

It's always amusing to see so many fans clamoring for new coaches when most of the teams have limited talent on the rosters. Too many coaches get fired when the GM's do such a poor job it would take a miracle to put the teams in playoff contention.

jakncoke

Banned
Fuck my insurance. They are making me do another form before they give my final pay out because my emergency # is different than my main.. NO SHIT THATS THE POINT. They keep calling before 10 am and I dont answer my phone before like noon, then they call my parents and then assume its different people. Pretty sure they are doing this because they want another insurance payment. They can get fucked, The vehicle is paid in full now. So you people mean nothing to me now.

jakncoke

Banned
Not only that, but a Saban + Manziel package deal rumour. Vesuvius has nothing on this.

Saban isnt going anywhere, he isnt a NFL coach. He doesnt like that he has to pay the players all the same and cant use a legacy of a program to get a top 10 class on legacy alone.

DMczaf

@NFLSTROUD
From how they talked, they sounded as if everything is moving forward, Gerald McCoy said of the coaches in the team meeting.

Hell yeah! We're on the hiiiiiiiiiiiiiighway to hellllllllllll!

Top Bottom