• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 17 |OT| The Sentimental Drunk

I wasn't aware they did away with the conferences. How do they pick teams? Are two players designated captains and choose from the pool of players playground-style?

Greg

I wasn't aware they did away with the conferences. How do they pick teams? Are two players designated captains and choose from the pool of players playground-style?

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1903404-nfl-pro-bowl-draft-2014-expectations-for-team-jerry-rice-vs-team-deion-sanders
two NFL legends will pick teams in the first-ever Pro Bowl fantasy draft. The event will air at 8 p.m. ET on Wednesday, Jan. 22, 2014. Both Jerry Rice and Deion Sanders will have help from two captains and an NFL.com fantasy champion.

RE: Stafford and "QB Coaches"

Typical NFLGAF overreaction to Stafford. First off people are going assuming how Staffords demeanor based on a tweet where we don't hear his voice. Meaning we don't know if he said "No" in a asshole Jay Cutler type of way you can't teach me shit, or just a laid back Stafford "No, I don't need a QB coach."

And he doesn't. Manning and Brady don't have "QB coaches". They work out with old high school coaches maybe, or get advice from former vets, but there is no one teaching Peyton Manning or Tom Brady how to perfect a 5 step drop because they are the best in the world at it. Stafford has no problems with his dropbacks (anyways we're in shotgun most of the time).

There is no one who can teach Stafford to be better other than Stafford himself. And he's a smart dude who knows what he has to improve on, and I think he knows Linehan and co. are not putting him in right situations.

I've said it before but I'm going to bring up what Steve Young said about him. You need to reign him in, and the only person who can do that is a coach. Scott Linehan shouldn't be calling 5 receiver sets on a 3rd and 1 telling the defense we're passing the ball. At least 6, and I'm being generous, INTs have come off of tipped balls. Thats not his fault. He's going to throw INTs once in awhile, all QBs do. But he is still as statistically good as anyone in the league. Therefore that makes him one of the best in the world. Period.

These guys are professional athletes and the best in the world. You can put your QB in better situations so he doesn't turn the ball over, but mechanically no one can tell him shit because he's better than them. It's like someone telling Kobe Bryant to work on his jumpshot. He knows what he needs to improve on, he doesn't need some no name scrub teaching him how to shoot a fucking ball. Same with Stafford and throwing the ball.
This is without a doubt the worst post you've ever made. Sad to see it come to this.

Cameron Wake
8.5 Sacks
64 QB pressures
35 Tackles
22 Stops

Chandler Jones
11.5 Sacks
60 QB pressures
75 Tackles
46 Stops

I think this shows that we're better than the Dolphins in every aspect.

Manning and Brady don't have "QB coaches". They work out with old high school coaches maybe, or get advice from former vets, but there is no one teaching Peyton Manning or Tom Brady how to perfect a 5 step drop because they are the best in the world at it.
Stafford has no problems with his dropbacks (anyways we're in shotgun most of the time).

This is factually wrong. Brady his former QB coach, Tom Martinez, helped him 'till the day he passed away. Every time Brady had a bad game and felt that his mechanics were off, he called up Martinez to help him fix it, just have him clean up his mechanics. That's what makes Tom great. He's his own toughest critic and does everything to stay on the high level he demands of himself.

Reading that Stafford quote makes me believe that he's quite complacent and believes that he's already there. Which is not the state of mind a young QB needs to have to succeed.

It's a fucking joke that Bryant made it to the probowl and Jeffery didn't. Dez Bryant is INSANELY overrated. Jeffery is an actual current/soon to be star. Fucking stupid. Fuck Dez Bryant and his whiny ass. Watch Jeffery play and watch Bryant. You'll see two completely different players. Jeffery is a star that is a team player and not a child, Bryant is an overrated man child.

fucking stupid

Dez > Jeffery (on the field) at the moment.

Talk about his off the field antics all you want (and I'd much rather have a guy who whines because he cares about the game too much than a guy who just doesn't give a fuck, but that's just me), you can't deny his talent on the field.

640196596.gif

ku-xlarge.gif

dez-bryant-goes-up-over-green-bay-defenders-for-a-touchdown.gif

I think it is cute that you guys are pretending the pro bowl isn't the biggest joke out there.

The actual game is as irrelevant as it gets, but there are real ramifications (contract bonuses, overall prestige) as to who gets selected and who gets snubbed.

For example, Cam Newton's contract is up after next season. Considering the fact that he is now a 2 time Pro Bowler, he will be looking for even more money in his second contract now.

Crisco

Banned
The actual game is as irrelevant as it gets, but there are real ramifications (contract bonuses, overall prestige) as to who gets selected and who gets snubbed.

For example, Cam Newton's contract is up after next season. Considering the fact that he is now a 2 time Pro Bowler, he will be looking for even more money in his second contract now.

Hardy too :(

jakncoke

Banned

Going to have your own Joe Flacco

he's been pretty awesome in the second half of the season to be fair
Brady made it because of the lack of receivers. This is one of her worst seasons statistically but the voters 1, didn't want to leave her off the Pro Bowl and 2, considered she had no one to throw to.

Also, Kraft Money.

Agent Icebeezy

Welcome beautful toddler, Madison Elizabeth, to the horde!
RE: Stafford and "QB Coaches"

Typical NFLGAF overreaction to Stafford. First off people are going assuming how Staffords demeanor based on a tweet where we don't hear his voice. Meaning we don't know if he said "No" in a asshole Jay Cutler type of way you can't teach me shit, or just a laid back Stafford "No, I don't need a QB coach."

And he doesn't. Manning and Brady don't have "QB coaches". They work out with old high school coaches maybe, or get advice from former vets, but there is no one teaching Peyton Manning or Tom Brady how to perfect a 5 step drop because they are the best in the world at it. Stafford has no problems with his dropbacks (anyways we're in shotgun most of the time).

There is no one who can teach Stafford to be better other than Stafford himself. And he's a smart dude who knows what he has to improve on, and I think he knows Linehan and co. are not putting him in right situations.

I've said it before but I'm going to bring up what Steve Young said about him. You need to reign him in, and the only person who can do that is a coach. Scott Linehan shouldn't be calling 5 receiver sets on a 3rd and 1 telling the defense we're passing the ball. At least 6, and I'm being generous, INTs have come off of tipped balls. Thats not his fault. He's going to throw INTs once in awhile, all QBs do. But he is still as statistically good as anyone in the league. Therefore that makes him one of the best in the world. Period.

These guys are professional athletes and the best in the world. You can put your QB in better situations so he doesn't turn the ball over, but mechanically no one can tell him shit because he's better than them. It's like someone telling Kobe Bryant to work on his jumpshot. He knows what he needs to improve on, he doesn't need some no name scrub teaching him how to shoot a fucking ball. Same with Stafford and throwing the ball.

He sucks, he sucks, he fucking sucks. That's all that needs to be said about Matthew Stafford.

MechDX

NFC West: 19 players — San Francisco (8), Seattle (6), Arizona (3), St. Louis (2).

AFC West: 16 players — Kansas City (8), Denver (5), San Diego (2), Oakland (1).

AFC North: 13 players — Cleveland (5), Baltimore (4), Cincinnati (2), Pittsburgh (2).

NFC North: 12 players — Carolina (5), New Orleans (5), Tampa Bay (2), Atlanta (0).

AFC East: 11 players — Miami (4), New England (4), Buffalo (3), N.Y. Jets (0).

NFC East: 5 players — Dallas (2), Philadelphia (2), Washington (1), N.Y. Giants (0).

NFC North: 5 players — Chicago (2), Detroit (2), Minnesota (1), Green Bay (0).

AFC South: 4 players — Houston (2), Indianapolis (1), Tennessee (1), Jacksonville (0).

Divisional Solidarity. Narag, you're slipping!

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Divisional Solidarity. Narag, you're slipping!

Woke up to see Green Bay has zero Pro Bowlers. Outside maybe Eddie Lacy, seems fair.

I'm starting to think that everything about Schaub says Minnesota purple more than Cleveland Brown.

Used to have gaudy stats, his best days are well behind him, probably 2-3 years from retirement due to injuries....yep that's a Viking QB.

MechDX

Woke up to see Green Bay has zero Pro Bowlers. Outside maybe Eddie Lacy, seems fair.

I'm starting to think that everything about Schaub says Minnesota purple more than Cleveland Brown.

Used to have gaudy stats, his best days are well behind him, probably 2-3 years from retirement due to injuries....yep that's a Viking QB.

I feel like the "Where will Schaub end up?" is the biggest off season story line. Some team WILL sign him for a potential starter role and I will be there day one typing "SCHOOOOOOOOOOOOB!" and see how you bitches like it!

Top Bottom