• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 17 |OT| The Sentimental Drunk

RBH

One well-placed NFL executive believes Rex Ryan will return as coach of the New York Jets, based on conversations he has had.

Despite speculation that Ryan would be fired after this season, another well-connected source told ESPN that the atmosphere surrounding his status has turned from negative to positive.

It remains unclear whether Ryan will enter next season on the last year of his contract or whether the Jets will give him a contract extension, sources said.

Although Ryan has received consistent backing from Jets owner Woody Johnson, his support from first-year general manager John Idzik has been questioned. But to the surprise of many around the league, Ryan and Idzik have gotten along better than most anticipated.

Another issue facing the Jets is that at least a half dozen assistant coaches, including defensive coordinator Dennis Thurman, are working on expiring contracts. Those issues still need to be addressed and worked through, according to sources.

Ryan is nearing the completion of his fifth season with the Jets, who can finish with an 8-8 record if they upset the rival Miami Dolphins.

Although they have exceeded expectations this season, the Jets have missed the playoffs in each of the past three years under Ryan, who owns a 41-38 career record. New York advanced to the AFC Championship Game in each of its first two seasons with Ryan.
http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/story/_/id/10205338/signs-point-rex-ryan-return-new-york-jets-coach

Bread

Banned
looks like the ravens get in if everyone loses, so i assume it's the same if they all tie.

now i'm looking at it again and questioning my ability to read that chart

Konka

Banned
Rex is coming back? I'm fine with that.

Please get a QB though.

matt-schaub-8-nfl.jpg

Milchjon

As a member of the white minority I feel America's doing a very bad job at handling the Plights of the Whites. You guys probably have Blanke Piets running around everywhere.

Dat famous German sense of humor

as a whole, no doubt. but the top 3 teams in the league are Seattle, Denver, and New England.

The teams best built to win the SB are all in the NFC.

Denver has no defense and Peyton's arm falls off in the cold.

New England can make the Super Bowl, but Tammy will choke yet again.

bionic77

I think even Bionic will agree with me when I say that an 8-7-1 Packers vs. 8-8 Steelers Super Bowl rematch is the game we need and deserve!
Does the game end with a meteor vaporizing both teams?

I don't think I want to see this shitty team win or lose another Superbowl.

Narag

He's a weird poster. Had some semi-breakdown in the steam thread last year because he didn't want to name a game he couldn't stand seeing on his steam list to the point he was considering starting a new account entirely.

Syrinx

He's a weird poster. Had some semi-breakdown in the steam thread last year because he didn't want to name a game he couldn't stand seeing on his steam list to the point he was considering starting a new account entirely.

Didn't he say it was Saints Row 3?

eznark

Banned
Guy publicly says he is only attracted to prepubescent boys and girls and I get banned for a little Tom Brady fan fiction.

Gaf rules!

Hunter S.

Guy publicly says he is only attracted to prepubescent boys and girls and I get banned for a little Tom Brady fan fiction.

Gaf rules!

I think the mods are kind of cracking down on homosexual Jokes. I was also banned for so called homosexual jokes recently. Dark days in NFL-Gaf kingdom I suppose.

Top Bottom