• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 17 |OT| The Sentimental Drunk

RBH

Let's keep this train rolling

dwY1cAx.png

anticipation.gif.pagespeed.ce.8Hl4nGRxpm.gif

Back on topic

Chris Mortensen ‏@mortreport 6m
Bill O'Brien & Texans intensify talks they hope will make him next coach in Houston, per sources. ESPN link soon from myself & @AdamSchefter

Also Schefter reports that Ryan will be retained as HC for the NYJ

Mindlog

Let me tell you about Miley's Bangin' Body in Last of Us...

In Football related news.
Friday Night Tykes

Red flags all over that right? It's going to start some shit. Could have sworn I saw Raheem Morris in there.

Syrinx

I think if Greg Schiano gets fired (which I'm beginning to think will happen), he'll be the next Penn State coach, assuming O'Brien goes to Houston.

WedgeX

Banned
Back on topic

Bill O'Brien & Texans intensify talks they hope will make him next coach in Houston, per sources. ESPN link soon from myself & @AdamSchefter

Thus leaving Les miles and rich rod free to take over the lions and effectively crush the Detroit regions last spirits.

MechDX

Back on topic

OhYes.gif

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/1...working-deal-become-houston-texans-head-coach

Bill O'Brien has emerged as the overwhelming favorite to become the next coach of the Houston Texans, and the two sides are working to get a deal in place within the next week, league sources told ESPN.

O'Brien met with the Texans this week after Christmas at his home in Cape Cod, resulting in intensified discussions they hope will culminate with a finalized contract, the sources said.

The Texans still have a short list of candidates in case talks break down with the Penn State coach, sources added.

The Texans had been doing due diligence on O'Brien, including his six-year stint with the New England Patriots. The feedback has been strong in his favor, sources said, which motivated Houston to commence negotiations to get a deal in place.

In other words Uncle Bob just gave the middle finger to the Lions and Vikings! Pay the man!

I was listening to the fatties on talk radio earlier and they were mentioning Wisenhunt for the Lions HC job.

That would suck but probably bullshit. I doubt he would take the gig if offered but who knows.

Since 2010, Dallas has actually done a pretty good job drafting

2010: Dez and Sean Lee
2011: Tyron Smith, Bruce Carter, Demarco, Dwyane Harris
2012: the weakest one, but I know some hopeful Claiborne doesn't suck, James Hanna, Tyrone Crawford (DT that's been hurt but they love)
2013: Travis Frederick, Terrance Williams

I just hope to god they draft mostly defense this year. I'm still mad they took as TE in the 2nd round when they had a very capable backup in Hanna. And, you know, Jason Witten.

Syrinx

If the Bucs fire Schiano, I wonder how they'll approach the search for a new HC. I'm curious to see if they'll specifically try to hire somebody who will go with Glennon as the QB going forward. The guy was impressive in his rookie season so I wouldn't doubt it, but I wonder how much that'll limit their search.

MechDX

Im betting Bob feels a little pressured. After Monday when all those coaches are fired O'Brien will be gone after hard by most of those same teams.

So Monday when all those teams are having press conferences to announce firings Bob can have one rolling out his new guy.

Romo couldn't even beat Flynn and the Packups, why would you want that loser?

You haven't seen his many miracle plays, where he came from behind & won the game for his team against all odds?
When trailing in the 4th quarter, he is as good as Peyton Manning.

His only fuckups are when he has a huge lead over a team, then the curse goes into effect.

squicken

Romo was amazing in that Denver game. I don't think anyone dogging on him is being serious

:jnc Bucs are going to lose by 30 points.

Sorry, Cards. You should have taken care of your business earlier.

It's not like the Cards have some game on their schedule they should have won. There's no ugly loss there, just a killer schedule

Romo was amazing in that Denver game. I don't think anyone dogging on him is being serious

It's not like the Cards have some game on their schedule they should have won. There's no ugly loss there, just a killer schedule

I've heard people saying in Dallas they'll win now because he's out. Ugh.

Top Bottom