• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 17 |OT| The Sentimental Drunk

Wes

venison crêpe
Can't wait to watch the future QB of the Browns in a couple of hours.

By looking up some Hoyer highlights

MechDX

Whoever the coach is, he needs to be able to pick his guy. If it is JFF, cool. Teddy? Fine as well. I just don't want a VY thing where the owner forces a player. Wouldn't mind a Clowney-Watt front 4 either

Don't want ANYTHING to do with Clowney as stated numerous times. If it is O'Brien they will draft a QB. No doubt in my mind

eznark

Banned
RomoEscapes.gif

Such a nice win for Dallas.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Sports radio in Detroit is reporting that two high-level executives in the Lions' organization are saying Schwartz probably is going to keep his job.

I cannot begin to describe how pathetic that would be.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
O'Brien would already be the best coach we have ever had if we get him. That's how much I can't stand Pubes or Vapers.

Make it happen McNair.

Syrinx

Sports radio in Detroit is reporting that two high-level executives in the Lions' organization are saying Schwartz probably is going to keep his job.

I couldn't even laugh if this happened. It would just be sad.

Still not sold on Manziel being successful in the NFL. I mean, shit, if Tim Fucking Tebow--Heisman Trophy and BCS Championship Winning Quarterback--has had trouble staying employed, how will Johnny Football???

eznark

Banned

9 quarterbacks started games for the other teams in the division. The Lions had one injury all year. Unbelievable that he'd keep his job after not winning the division.

Unbelievably AWESOME

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
I couldn't even laugh if this happened. It would just be sad.

My reaction would honestly be something like this:

:cry :kas :cry :cry :kas :cry :kas :cry

Tom Penny

Not his fault. Fire the GM for lack of talent.

Yep that's what I'm hearing as well but I take most of these pundit's comments with a grain of salt. Their brains are clogged with cholesterol.

It's partially uncharacteristic of the Fords to not buy out a coach but then again they probably want to prevent panic within the fan base. It's why Rex will keep his job as well.

Stagnation so ticket sales don't drop.

Syrinx

Yep that's what I'm hearing as well but I take most of these pundit's comments with a grain of salt. Their brains are clogged with cholesterol.

It's partially uncharacteristic of the Fords to not buy out a coach but then again they probably want to prevent panic within the fan base. It's why Rex will keep his job as well.

Keeping Schwartz would probably cause the fan base to panic more than if they fired him.

Plinko

I'll guarantee right now that if they keep Schwartz there is at least one blackout next year.

This move would absolutely cement this team as the biggest laughingstock in league history.

ShaneB

He's a weird poster. Had some semi-breakdown in the steam thread last year because he didn't want to name a game he couldn't stand seeing on his steam list to the point he was considering starting a new account entirely.

YES! That's where I remembered the name. Haha, that was glorious.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou

Not sure how these 2 scenarios are alike. Rex took a team that had zero expectations this year to possibly a .500 record.

This is a Lions team that had to choke harder than any other team in the league to miss the playoffs this year and they pulled it off. It is absolutely unfathomable how Schwartz could keep his job.

WedgeX

Banned
Not his fault. Fire the GM for lack of talent.

The front office staff found some gems in the current offensive line and put together a decent defensive line. Glaring lack of wide receiver depth and the cornerbacks generally suck...but the problems are deep seated coaching problems that Schwartz refuses to address.

Not sure how these 2 scenarios are alike. Rex took a team that had zero expectations this year to possibly a .500 record.

This is a Lions team that had to choke harder than any other team in the league to miss the playoffs this year and they pulled it off. It is absolutely unfathomable how Schwartz could keep his job.
Rex has underperformed for years now, especially when they had Revis playing at a high level. It's not 1:1 but it's moderately similar.

I'll guarantee right now that if they keep Schwartz there is at least one blackout next year.

This move would absolutely cement this team as the biggest laughingstock in league history.
All the Lions fans who aren't stupid know that a new coaching staff = rebuilding years.

It's a necessary evil but it'll take awhile.

squicken

I refuse to believe that Schwartz comes back. Fontes saved his job by winning games late and getting to playoffs. Schwartz is done.

Plinko

If Schwartz stays, next year will sadly be the first year I don't buy NFL Sunday Ticket. I'll switch to Dish Network and get NFL Red Zone instead. No reason to spend $400 on that trash.

eznark

Banned
OBrien was a head coach at a tier two division one team for two years and was only in the NFL for three years. Why do Texans fans have a boner for him?

MechDX

The tears on Twitter from Penn State fans.....

OBrien was a head coach at a tier two division one team for two years and was only in the NFL for three years. Why do Texans fans have a boner for him?

KUBIAK.FRUSTRATIONS-306x203.jpg

Lovie Smith? Ken Wisenhunt? Wade Philips? Need I go on?

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Ahmad Brooks wins appeal on Brees hit, won't pay fine:

Even though the NFL said the call on the field was the “absolutely correct call,” it’s at least a free one.

According to Matt Maiocco of CSNBayArea.com, 49ers linebacker Ahmad Brooks won his appeal of his $15,750 fine for hitting Saints quarterback Drew Brees a month ago.

Brooks appealed his fine to league appeals officer Matt Birk, who overturned it on review.

Brooks was penalized for unnecessary roughness on the play, eliminating a sack-fumble. The 49ers were leading by a field goal at the time, but the Saints tied the game on the continued possession and went on to win on a last-second field goal.

That result would make a significant difference in the playoff picture, as the 49ers are a game behind the Seahawks for the NFC West title heading into the final week.

squicken

He's powered by Bill and Tom.

He's had success away from BB and Brady. PSU isn't some power, but he went into a difficult situation and did better than anyone expected. He's shown some ability to develop QBs there as well, and runs a pro system on offense. All potential coaches and re-treads require some level of leaps of faith, or they'd already be head coaches in the league

He's had success away from BB and Brady. PSU isn't some power, but he went into a difficult situation and better than anyone expected. All potential coaches and re-treads require some level of leaps of faith, or they'd already be head coaches in the league
I know. I just like to try and make Mech mad, because of the constant Schaub/browns talk. ;)

eznark

Banned
He's had success away from BB and Brady. PSU isn't some power, but he went into a difficult situation and did better than anyone expected. He's shown some ability to develop QBs there as well, and runs a pro system on offense. All potential coaches and re-treads require some level of leaps of faith, or they'd already be head coaches in the league

These are still the Pedophile Recruits. Stunningly like none of those guys left. He's done meh with meh.

I like him too I just can't figure out why.

Top Bottom