• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 17 |OT| The Sentimental Drunk

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Kave brought that upon all of Browns GAF.

So if the Cowboys fire Garrett who gets that job? Jerruh?

You need to stop.

You can't keep blaming all your problems on me when your fraud ass team was already on something like a 6 game losing streak by then.

Kave brought that upon all of Browns GAF.

So if the Cowboys fire Garrett who gets that job? Jerruh?
But don't get you're hopes up, because both of these guys are extremely fucking dumb and don't know what there talking about. They like to blow shit out of there ass
Tony Grossi ‏ @ TonyGrossi 1h
“ @ HammerNation19: how would hire of O'Brien in HOU impact odds of Manziel at number one overall?” // Locks it up IMO.

RBH

Looks like Tony Gonzalez will be given this tomorrow:

BcijkbDCYAALpkO.jpg:large

squicken

These are still the Pedophile Recruits. Stunningly like none of those guys left. He's done meh with meh.

I like him too I just can't figure out why.

I like guys who restore programs/teams or build them up. It's why I think Art Briles could be a good coach in the NFL. O'Brien had to salvage a really shitty situation at PSU. I agree it's been mostly meh, but it didn't go to shit, which I think most people expected it too. He also got good mileage from McGloin and it looks like that Mackleberg or whatever is going to be pretty solid. Texans have an obvious need for someone to work with a young QB

squicken

John McClain ‏@McClain_on_NFL
Bob McNair on being close to hiring Bill O'Brien: "The process continues. We have other interviews scheduled next week. It isn't over."

Slowing it down or more smoke? 'tis the silly season!

His size is the first thing I noticed about him. Russell might be short too, but it looks like he has some mass. Manziel is gonna have to make impeccable use of his footwork if he doesn't want to get pummeled into the turf.

Agree. He has moved from being a runner to more of a scrambler, and threw the ball better this year. But he still runs when he gets confused. Ideally he would stay in a year and keep improving, but that's not going to happen

I have the same worries as far as size about Bridgewater as well. He plays tonight against a not terrible Miami team

Wes

venison crêpe
Manziel @ 1 would be fantastic. From the draft reports and stuff I've read people are relatively high on him despite his size and other stuff because he has shown continued improvement.

Because that leaves Bridgewater or Boyles, my two current inclinations, more likely to fall to us. As long as we don't do something stupid like win tomorrow.

Agree. He has moved from being a runner to more of a scrambler, and threw the ball better this year. But he still runs when he gets confused. Ideally he would stay in a year and keep improving, but that's not going to happen

I have the same worries as far as size about Bridgewater as well. He plays tonight against a not terrible Miami team
Zelly will have a year to sit behind HoHoyer and Jcamp no worries. And I'm glad you brought up Teddy's size too. If anything he's looks the most lengthy and frail, but most ppl don't really worry about him taking many hits since he's more of pocket guy. Teddy still has some mobility though

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Tim Tebow has 1 career playoff victory. The Houston Texans only have 2 in their franchise history.

They wish Manziel was as successful as Tebow!

I think people forget but Michael Dryer plays for Louisville too. He was on the championship team with Cam, Louisville seems to use all their back though.

squicken

I think people forget but Michael Dryer plays for Louisville too. He was on the championship team with Cam, Louisville seems to use all their back though.

I thought Morris looked pretty decent against FSU for about a third of the game, then FSU's talent took over. Interested to see what he can do vs a lesser defense

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
NFL ‏@nfl 3h

The Bears have allowed 11 100-yard rushers. One more & they match the 0-16 Lions (2008), for the most in one season.

I thought Morris looked pretty decent against FSU for about a third of the game, then FSU's talent took over. Interested to see what he can do vs a lesser defense
He hasn't shined the way I was hoping he would this year, but he'll still have a chance to go in the first 4 rounds

Sports radio in Detroit is reporting that two high-level executives in the Lions' organization are saying Schwartz probably is going to keep his job.

I cannot begin to describe how pathetic that would be.

I can't begin to describe how amazing this would be. Getting in the playoffs, ruining the Bears postseason chances , AND getting Detroit to keep their shifty coaching staff, all in a down year for the Packers.

God is good.

RBH

Super random question but why did Atlanta trade Favre to Greenbay?

After starting at quarterback for Southern Miss for four years, Favre was selected in the second round, 33rd overall, in the 1991 draft by the Atlanta Falcons. New York Jets general manager Ron Wolf had intended to take Favre, but the Falcons owned the pick before the Jets'.

Amazingly, Atlanta coach Jerry Glanville didn't approve of the drafting of Favre, saying it would take a plane crash for him to put the rookie into the game. Favre attempted only five passes his entire rookie season and promptly was placed on the trading block.
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2772472

The Falcons, coming off a 10-6 record and operating out of a version of the run-and-shoot offense called the Red Gun, were committed to five-year veteran Chris Miller as the starting quarterback and Head Coach Jerry Glanville liked brash Billy Joe Tolliver as the backup, making Favre expendable in the third spot.

RBH

Also found this:

Our buddy Thom Abraham of WNSR in Nashville passes along a clip of a recent interview with former Falcons coach Jerry Glanville, who defended the decision to trade Brett Favre in blunt terms.

“I had to get him out of Atlanta. . . . I could not sober him up,” Glanville said. “I sent him to a city where at 9:00 at night the only thing that’s open is Chili Joes. You can get it two ways, with or without onions. And that’s what made Brett Favre make a comeback was going to a town that closed down. If I would have traded him to New York, nobody to this day would have known who Brett Favre ever was.”

Favre has been candid regarding his issues with alcohol and painkillers, which he eventually beat several years ago. (He was addicted to the same substance at the center of Ryan Leaf’s ongoing criminal woes.) Still, we can’t recall Glanville ever being quite so candid about the reason for the trade. He has mentioned needing to send Favre to a town that closes up early, but Glanville had never suggested that Favre’s problems were essentially continuous.
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/03/18/glanvilles-eye-opening-explanation-of-trading-favre/

WedgeX

Banned
fwiw I do agree with Glanville on trading Favre. By all accounts he was a disaster in his personal life. Not like he was great (with his demons) at GB, but at least he became functional

Imagine if Stafford was sent to a city with no delicious comfort food! He'd be a lean, mean, non-slothful machine!

I heard Mort on the radio today say that the Lions are leaning towards bringing back Schwartz but firing his whole staff. LOL if they actually do that. Kas is going to be the only Lion fan left.

squicken

Imagine if Stafford was sent to a city with no delicious comfort food! He'd be a lean, mean, non-slothful machine!

I was pretty bullish on Stafford until the end of the year. But he just really seemed to hit a wall with getting better. He also seems downright bad at taking snaps from under center, which is pretty troubling for a guy this deep into his career, not matter how young he is

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
I heard Mort on the radio today say that the Lions are leaning towards bringing back Schwartz but firing his whole staff. LOL if they actually do that. Kas is going to be the only Lion fan left.

Bring on the blackouts!

Top Bottom