• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 17 |OT| The Sentimental Drunk

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Incoming Penn State recruit Thomas Holley, the school's second-highest ranked recruit in 2014, told ESPN.com that he had a conversation Saturday with O'Brien, who told the defensive lineman that he way staying with the Nittany Lions.

"He said it's not true, he's going to be at Penn State and he's going to be there for me when I get there," Holley told ESPN.com.

This is going to be interesting. A college coach lying to his players? Who would have thought?

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
broadcast or alcohol?

I don't drink, so broadcast for me. Probably alcohol for a ton of others, though.

Seriously, this will get just as bad as the "Fire Millen" disaster. That was a PR nightmare for Detroit. Can't wait for the laughs!

I mean, what happens next year if Schwartz starts 0-4? Do they fire him then? That's going to destroy attendance.

Who gets the #6 seed in the AFC tomorrow?
j5NX7bazDL4Jj.jpeg
Probably Miami. Pittsburgh will win. Balt and SD have an uphill battle.

Then again, would anyone be shocked if the Dolphins blow it?

(also, I love that graphic, because it's wonderfully complex and confusing. Like if all 4 teams win then maybe the Jags get the last spot or something)

Plinko

Why anyone would want Manziel over Bridgewater is beyond me.

I heard Mort on the radio today say that the Lions are leaning towards bringing back Schwartz but firing his whole staff. LOL if they actually do that. Kas is going to be the only Lion fan left.

I refuse to believe he'll be back. It just doesn't make sense. And obviously yes "this is the Lions" but still. Two straight meltdown seasons, one playoff appearance in 5 years...no fucking way.

squicken

What a shame Schwartz wasn't fired last monday, we could be negotiating with O'Brien right fucking now. Oh well.

The lies and the games have just started. Gotta think HOU wants to talk to more than 2 (three if you count Wade) candidates. But I don't doubt Houston will push for an offensive coach

bionic77

Greatest Super Bowl ever!

Really? I couldn't care less how bad the Packers are if they manage to win the Super Bowl! I'll take a theoretical 6-10 Packer team winning the Super Bowl every season!
Normally I would agree with you but I hate this Steelers team so much I don't want them to succeed. I think I want them to fail (and they have obliged).

squicken

Normally I would agree with you but I hate this Steelers team so much I don't want them to succeed. I think I want them to fail (and they have obliged).

Any inclination that the team gets blown up? Or just a few big contracts moved? Gotta say that Tomlin letting that TD score and then defending it is borderline fire-able offense. He has been screwing that stuff up for years and still hasn't learned

I'm planning on requesting in my will, to have about 8 Arizona Cardinals carry my casket, so they can let me down one last time. Hopefully they don't let me down tomorrow.

!! Didn't realize you were back too. Still a great year either way for AZ

I'm planning on requesting in my will, to have about 8 Arizona Cardinals carry my casket, so they can let me down one last time. Hopefully they don't let me down tomorrow.

bionic77

Any inclination that the team gets blown up? Or just a few big contracts moved? Gotta say that Tomlin letting that TD score and then defending it is borderline fire-able offense. He has been screwing that stuff up for years and still
Management and coaching have been shit for a few years now.

Tomlin is safe but he is so slow to adjust. Amazingly dumb people don't get smarter over time. And yet me and Gata's mom are still surprised when my coach and her son stay dumb as shit year after year.

We have sucked in the draft hard for years though. Defense needs a complete rebuild. Don't know what to think about Haley. He seems like such a douche that I am just always against him.

Plinko

I refuse to believe he'll be back. It just doesn't make sense. And obviously yes "this is the Lions" but still. Two straight meltdown seasons, one playoff appearance in 5 years...no fucking way.

We kept Millen while getting progressively worse. The same owners are in place. It's entirely conceivable.

Probably Miami. Pittsburgh will win. Balt and SD have an uphill battle.

Then again, would anyone be shocked if the Dolphins blow it?

(also, I love that graphic, because it's wonderfully complex and confusing. Like if all 4 teams win then maybe the Jags get the last spot or something)

Yeah ... somebody has to be win and in, right?

squicken

We have sucked in the draft hard for years though. Defense needs a complete rebuild. Don't know what to think about Haley. He seems like such a douche that I am just always against him.

The thing is, I think Ben was just as good as any QB besides Peyton and Rivers this year. He started slow but the last 3/4 of the year he seemed to thrive in that offense. I've always wondered if he could extend his career by being a quick throw/short passing QB like Peyton/Rivers/Brady, and I now think he can be

I do agree with you on the talent, though. Team-wide they just don't have the difference makers they used to. And given their cap situation, I am just curious how significant the changes will be

bionic77

The thing is, I think Ben was just as good as any QB besides Peyton and Rivers this year. He started slow but the last 3/4 of the year he seemed to thrive in that offense. I've always wondered if he could extend his career by being a quick throw/short passing QB like Peyton/Rivers/Brady, and I now think he can be

I do agree with you on the talent, though. Team-wide they just don't have the difference makers they used to. And given their cap situation, I am just curious how significant the changes will be
Yeah I agree with you on pretty much everything. Also sad how Ben was entirely wasted this year. Outside of Peyton for the first 10 games of the year after his first 3 games Ben played as well as anyone. And yet our defense totally shit the bed. And when then didn't shit the bed either special teams or the coaches.

Total team effort in sucking this year and no easy solutions going forward.

We kept Millen while getting progressively worse. The same owners are in place. It's entirely conceivable.

To be fair, Ford Sr. had more control back then, and apparently loved Millen like a son. From what I remember, Ford Jr. wanted Millen gone a couple years before he was fired. Ford Sr. also seems to like Schwarz, whereas just a week ago there were numerous reports about the Lions planning on firing him on Monday.

If he survives Monday...fuck. I think Minnesota can win tomorrow, and if that happens I just can't see Schwartz staying. Even if the Lions win, I just can't see Ford Jr. allowing him to come back after not accomplishing anything this year.

Plinko

To be fair, Ford Sr. had more control back then, and apparently loved Millen like a son. From what I remember, Ford Jr. wanted Millen gone a couple years before he was fired. Ford Sr. also seems to like Schwarz, whereas just a week ago there were numerous reports about the Lions planning on firing him on Monday.

If he survives Monday...fuck. I think Minnesota can win tomorrow, and if that happens I just can't see Schwartz staying. Even if the Lions win, I just can't see Ford Jr. allowing him to come back after not accomplishing anything this year.

Isn't it just going to be a wasted year bringing in new coordinators? It takes time to learn new schemes.

Top Bottom