• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 17 |OT| The Sentimental Drunk

Yo B. Do you know of any good nut browns. You know, beyond Sam Smith's and Newcastle? I've tried a few from local breweries, but they all suck.

Leinies Fireside is actually suprisingly good. Maybe the only good thing Leinies does

Bell's Best Brown is great

New Holland's Cabin Fever is a more 'raisiny' brown but has a nice reputation.

Abita's Pecan is pretty good, but I remember a strong diacetyl presence so you might get some buttered popcorn flavor from it.

'Nut' brown is pretty specific, and, honestly, Sam Smith is top tier. I would keep drinkin that

squicken

What are your specs?

I built a HTPC on a mini itx board 2 months ago and it was surprisingly clean.

IMG]https://scontent-b-iad.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/p480x480/1380420_10152010185007904_744960511_n.jpg[/IMG]

That is clean. I built more a gaming PC. 4770k with a AIO cooler and a GTX 680

This isn't mine, but it's the same case and general setup

900x900px-ll-400061518da9.jpeg

cashman

Banned
I was thinking of this the other day and it's a little creepy how closely Foles story tracks Brady's path.

Both come from warm weather states and go to Michigan to play in college. Brady struggled to establish himself as the starter at Michigan and thus fell in the draft. Foles couldn't beat out Kirk Cousins so transferred to Arizona where he played on an awful team and thus fell in the draft.

Brady was the 7th QB taken in the 2000 draft. Foles was the 7th QB taken in the 2012 draft.

Both are tall, immobile, and have embarrassing 40 times but can run for a 1st down when needed.

Both took over unexpectedly in their 2nd yr due to an injury to a famous QB who was a former #1 overall pick (Bledsoe & Vick) and never looked back.

Both won crazy games in a blizzard that yr (tuck game vs. Lions game).

Both are known for great decision making, being willing to take a hit, and good but not great arms.
Both have known cheaters for head coaches.

LJ11

That is clean. I built more a gaming PC. 4770k with a AIO cooler and a GTX 680

This isn't mine, but it's the same case and general setup

Was going to use the same case for sff build but after looking at some builds with the same case I said fuck it and sent the case back. The convenience of having a gaming PC in that case is pretty awesome, but on the other hand it looked like a total pain in the ass to get everything setup properly, for that particular case anyway. Said fuck it and just went with an R4.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Leinies Fireside is actually suprisingly good. Maybe the only good thing Leinies does

Abita's Pecan is pretty good, but I remember a strong diacetyl presence so you might get some buttered popcorn flavor from it.

'Nut' brown is pretty specific, and, honestly, Sam Smith is top tier. I would keep drinkin that

Wow...if I'm ever hurting for a good beer, I know who to ask!

I don't need to see that. I'm going to cleanse my palette with a disappearing referee or two.

830348111.gif

Michigan getting clowned lol. They're gonna have a tough time winning anything of relevance with Dantonio at MSU and Meyer at OSU. If I was David Brandon I'd be writing love letters to Les Miles and Jim Harbaugh daily.

MechDX

http://houston.culturemap.com/news/...xans-tom-brady-fight-only-helped-no-1-target/

The Houston Texans are closing in on landing the No. 1 target of their head coaching search: Penn State University coach Bill O'Brien. CultureMap was the first news outlet anywhere to report that O'Brien was the Texans' top choice to be the team's new coach back on Dec. 18.

A source close to the search tells CultureMap that Texans owner Bob McNair started leaning toward O'Brien early in the search and never let the prospect of having to possibly pay a $6.7 million buyout to Penn State to land the former Bill Belichick disciple faze him.

"McNair loves O'Brien's toughness," the source says.

The early start — a source tells CultureMap that the Texans contacted coaches through back channels to determine who would be legitimately interested in the head job in the probability it opened up even before Kubiak was fired — gave McNair and Texans general manager Rick Smith a jump on the other teams that hoped to court O'Brien.

McNair's long desired a tougher, more mentally strong team. He cited that as a priority after the Texans blew a golden opportunity to be the AFC's No. 1 seed late in the 2012 season. That desire in no small part fueled the big money Ed Reed free agent signing last offseason.

Didn't know Uncle Bob had it in him. Looking BEFORE firing Kubiak

Milchjon

Rile 'em up, Bob!

We have arrived at what you call NFL Week 17 and it is time for all the Macho Man fans to stop whining. The NFL isn’t going back to the caveman days. A guy does stupid things with his head, a flag is going to fall. I mean, get used to it.

That’s the way it is, and that’s the way it’s going to be. A guy hits someone a half-inch out of bounds, a flag’s coming. Bet on it. A guy does other things you could have gotten away with in 1943, 1953, 1963, 1973, 1983, 1993, or 2003, a flag’s is on the way. Too bad. Deal with it.

And boo-hoo if the game isn’t quite violent enough for you, Mr. Macho Man. I’m sure there’s a bloody UFC bout available somewhere.
Muhahaha

Edit: Actually the rest of the article isn't as inflammatory. Which is why I'll just quote selectively.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Rile 'em up, Bob!

Muhahaha

Edit: Actually the rest of the article isn't as inflammatory. Which is why I'll just quote selectively.

I agree with him 100%, and fans can blame the former players and their lawsuit for every last rule based on "safety."

In some good news, Lions beat reporter Dave Birkett seems 100% confident Schwartz will be fired, and he says the only question is if Mayhew is actually fired as well.

WedgeX

Banned

My man.

I agree with him 100%, and fans can blame the former players and their lawsuit for every last rule based on "safety."

In some good news, Lions beat reporter Dave Birkett seems 100% confident Schwartz will be fired, and he says the only question is if Mayhew is actually fired as well.

I trust Birkett, so this is good.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Holy fuck I was drunk last night, Got on some social sites and probably talked to people I wouldn't have otherwise (not you Greg, your a bro). Oh well. There should be a breathalyzer test you have to take before you go post on Google+,FB,Twitter etc.

Anyway onto football, this is the least hyped I've been in a long time. Brandon Pettigrew, our TE, is out of the game. I really expect a lazy game and a team playing for a lameduck coach. Since this game means shit, throw the late round rookies to the wolves and see what happens. I especially want to see something from Ziggy Ansah (who has been a bit overhyped), Devin Taylor (Jadveon Clowneys teammate) and Darius Slay (our second round DB pick).

Our defensive ends have made their living since Suh (and Fairley to a lesser extent) arrived in the NFL. I'd like to see some of these guys establish themselves. There is no excuse with Suh getting double teamed every play that these DEs should not get to the QB every play. The d-line puts pressure every play, and has been great at stopping the run, but I'd like to see that translate into sacks and turnovers.

Bread

Banned
That leg break didnt even bother me. I'm so desensitized to that shit now.

I blame Eli and the Giants, those assholes took my soul.

Milchjon

Holy fuck I was drunk last night, Got on some social sites and probably talked to people I wouldn't have otherwise (not you Greg, your a bro). Oh well. There should be a breathalyzer test you have to take before you go post on Google+,FB,Twitter etc.

OMG you probably said something bad about Stafford.

You will never forgive yourself.

jakncoke

Banned
Skimming the UFC thread...

A lot of people in there seem to be fucked in the head. What's going on there?

A lot of classless people. And some nfl-agers popping up in the classless remarks. I thought higher of your comments from this thread but you people disgraced the nfl-age rep

Anyway onto football, this is the least hyped I've been in a long time. Brandon Pettigrew, our TE, is out of the game. I really expect a lazy game and a team playing for a lameduck coach. Since this game means shit, throw the late round rookies to the wolves and see what happens. I especially want to see something from Ziggy Ansah (who has been a bit overhyped), Devin Taylor (Jadveon Clowneys teammate) and Darius Slay (our second round DB pick).

Our defensive ends have made their living since Suh (and Fairley to a lesser extent) arrived in the NFL. I'd like to see some of these guys establish themselves. There is no excuse with Suh getting double teamed every play that these DEs should not get to the QB every play. The d-line puts pressure every play, and has been great at stopping the run, but I'd like to see that translate into sacks and turnovers.

I was a bit sloppy drunk at the end of last night. Might have texted like 20 girls. The drunk thirst was really real.

SRZWxV4.gif

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Adam Schefter: Schwartz to return as coach next year.

:kas :cry :cry :kas :cry

Hell yeah spin, go jags!

Today could be a day of lasts for the browns
Last day Weeden is a brown
Last day Gregor drops a pass for us
Last time we finish last in the division ;)

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Nope.

Looks like I get to be "Objective NFL Fan" next year.

There is a huge difference between "theres a good chance he will return" and "he will return". It's probably Schefter trying to stir up the pot and start a story before Jay Glazer.

Ford Jr. wouldn't do such a thing. No fucking way.

Plinko

NFL Network: If O'Brien goes, Schiano takes his job!

Also, Rappaport just reported that Schwartz AND front office are gone.

Eisen just hinted that Mariucci knows about it and isn't talking.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
NFL Network: If O'Brien goes, Schiano takes his job!

Also, Rappaport just reported that Schwartz AND front office are gone.

Yeah, Schefter has always struck me as a douchebag who will try to get a story at any means possible even if its false.

I hope we keep Mayhew for at least one more draft, but thats probably not going to happen. He took over the worst team in NFL history and loaded it with talent. I know you've said he whiffed on 2nd round picks but he did pick up Jahvid Best (technically a 2nd rounder since we traded up to get him) and Tiitus Young. Both aren't playing for a couple of reasons, but there is no doubt they were extremely talented. *Sigh*

RBH

Broncos LB Shaun Phillips has earned an $800,000 bonus for 10 sacks; if he gets two more today vs. OAK, bonus will jump to $1.2 million.

Packers K Mason Crosby collects $800,000 if he makes 85 pct of regular-season FGs; as long as he doesn’t miss two FGs today, he'll collect.

Seahawks DE Cliff Avril needs 2 sacks today to collect $350,000 bonus while Seahawks DE Michael Bennett needs 2.5 sacks to collect $200,000.
https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter

Top Bottom