• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 17 |OT| The Sentimental Drunk

eznark

Banned
Dave Birkett seems to be implying Schefter is full of shit. On these things I generally side with the local guy but it's hard to tell with Detroit. In a city with no electricity and like 4 safe blocks to live on, what kind of sources can you really develop?

That said, Schefter is the biggest tea leaves guesser out there so I don't put stock in anything he says.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Dave Birkett seems to be implying Schefter is full of shit. On these things I generally side with the local guy but it's hard to tell with Detroit. In a city with no electricity and like 4 safe blocks to live on, what kind of sources can you really develop?

That said, Schefter is the biggest tea leaves guesser out there so I don't put stock in anything he says.

NFL Network insiders were adamant both Schwartz AND Mayhew were gone.

They said SF OC Greg Roman would be high on the list to replace Schwartz.

Bread

Banned
lions fans, you are welcome to join patriot nation if schwartz returns next year. perks include being blessed by Tom, being able to make fun of gata without feeling bad, and you get one free diner at the expense of the euros.

ShaneB

It's a good day. UFC Card last night was great, weather is cold as hell, perfect for a full day of insane Football. RedZone at 2pm, Seahawks at 5:30, then watching my friends reaction as we watch the Cowboys go 8-8.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Yeah, Schefter has always struck me as a douchebag who will try to get a story at any means possible even if its false.

I hope we keep Mayhew for at least one more draft, but thats probably not going to happen. He took over the worst team in NFL history and loaded it with talent. I know you've said he whiffed on 2nd round picks but he did pick up Jahvid Best (technically a 2nd rounder since we traded up to get him) and Tiitus Young. Both aren't playing for a couple of reasons, but there is no doubt they were extremely talented. *Sigh*

Young had red flags in college and Best was taken off the majority of NFL draft boards because of his concussions.

That said, I'm in favor of keeping Mayhew.

eznark

Banned
NFL Network insiders were adamant both Schwartz AND Mayhew were gone.

Birkett: "that would shock a lot of people in the organization" implying that either Schefter's source is Billy Ford or that Schefter is a lying cunt.

lions fans, you are welcome to join patriot nation if schwartz returns next year. perks include being blessed by Tom, being able to make fun of gata without feeling bad, and you get one free diner at the expense of the euros.

Only those Lion fans approved by me are allowed to join Patriot Nation.

Clockwork5

This AFC wildcard battle is awesome. Man, the Steelers getting in would be crazy considering the start of the season. It would be cool to see that but that would require San Diego to beat the Chiefs and I really don't want to loose twice to Rivers.

Any Steelers fans out there got hope?

Edit: its early here, the chargers need to lose to the Chiefs for pit to get in. Go Steelers!

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Young had red flags in college and Best was taken off the majority of NFL draft boards because of his concussions.

That said, I'm in favor of keeping Mayhew.

No doubt Young had red flags, but sometimes you have to take risks like that. The risk paid off for a year, but guy was probably methed out the whole time and eventually lost his mind.

Same with Jahvid Best....damn shame the whole NFL lost that guy. Guys talented like him come around rarely.

notbad.gif

I can get behind this. Thanks FMT

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex

We'll never bow to your throne.

mel-gibson-braveheart.jpg

Plinko

The most damning thing, to me, is that the NFL Network guys said that Schwartz and his staff weren't even TALKING to the front office. Apparently the GM is angry that he has brought in players that the staff has underutilized.

Total disaster in Detroit? Sounds about right. If that's true, if any of these guys are retained I may be done.

eznark said:
Birkett: "that would shock a lot of people in the organization" implying that either Schefter's source is Billy Ford or that Schefter is a lying cunt.

If Schefter's source is Ford Jr, the son is just as senile as the father and this organization is screwed for 30 more years.

jakncoke

Banned
This AFC wildcard battle is awesome. Man, the Steelers getting in would be crazy considering the start of the season. It would be cool to see that but that would require San Diego to beat the Chiefs and I really don't want to loose twice to Rivers.

Any Steelers fans out there got hope?

Be nice to end this shitty season on a high note. But I reckon the Jets let the Steelers fanbase down like they do their own and lose and end up being the only thing that prevents us from making it.

Plinko

Never. There is only one other team I could see myself being a fan of, and it's not the Patriots.\
Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 4m
Note on #Lions: The word is Bill Ford Jr. is making the call on coaches & front office, not his dad William Clay Ford (the patient one).

Hope?

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Thank god this brutal pathetic Texans season is coming to an end.

Today is the first time I have ever wanted the Titans *vomits* to crap all over the Texans.

Bring your A* game today my team!

*asstastic

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
I hope for pure chaos from today's games. Like upsets everywhere and for all the seeds to get jumbled up. The least likely scenarios must prevail!

WedgeX

Banned
The most damning thing, to me, is that the NFL Network guys said that Schwartz and his staff weren't even TALKING to the front office. Apparently the GM is angry that he has brought in players that the staff has underutilized.

Total disaster in Detroit? Sounds about right. If that's true, if any of these guys are retained I may be done.

I called it with how Schwartz was refusing to use fauria. Mayhew even cleared the way for him by getting rid of scheffler. Mayhew knocked it out of the park with waddle, warford, Taylor, fauria, Mathis, and Ross this year.

And Birkett > espn dude er'ryday

Top Bottom