• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 2 |OT| - Manning Bowl III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Afrikan

God, even with Kaepernick playing like pure shit last night, I'm still in a good position to win my fantasy league this week (should have stuck with Stafford like I wanted to).

Go Pittsburgh, shut down Green-Ellis.

wait you picked Kap vs Seattle's secondary? IN SEATTLE? over Stafford vs the Cards? in not weather affected game?

o_O

eznark

Banned
God, even with Kaepernick playing like pure shit last night, I'm still in a good position to win my fantasy league this week (should have stuck with Stafford like I wanted to).

Go Pittsburgh, shut down Green-Ellis.
Oh my god the drama! Tell us more!

Doesn't really have anything to do with this game, but I just noticed this article.

Geno Smith is the New York Jets' starting quarterback. How long it stays that way remains to be seen.

ESPN's Adam Schefter reported Sunday that former undrafted free agent Matt Simms has "real support" within the Jets' building. Smith was asked about the report during a Monday radio appearance.

"Adam's doing his job, and I'm pretty sure whatever he put out there, he probably got some information," Smith said, via ESPN.com. "But I can tell you one thing. Within this organization, from my coaches right down to (general manager) John (Idzik), (coach) Rex (Ryan), all those guys -- I don't think they would have brought me in here if they didn't see the potential in me."

"Matt, I think is a really good quarterback," Smith went on. "But I think I'm the guy for the job."

There was plenty of optimism around Smith after he made some positive plays in the Jets' season-opening win over the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. Those baby steps were washed away last Thursday, however, when Smith threw three fourth-quarter interceptions in a 13-10 loss to the New England Patriots.

Mark Sanchez was moved to short-term injured reserve last week, temporarily removing him from the equation. The only other in-house option besides Simms is Brady Quinn, a journeyman with little upside.

If this all sounds familiar, it is. Prior to the start of the season, NFL Media columnist Mike Silver reported there was internal skepticism that Terrelle Pryor was the right choice at quarterback for the Oakland Raiders.

Pryor made those whispers go away -- at least, for now -- with his performance on the field. Smith can pull off a similar trick. Of course, that's easier said than done for a rookie who might not be ready.

:jests

Bowser

Nobody stares into space like Tomlin.

512x.jpg

bionic77

The last time the Bungles were this loud at home Kimo exploded Palmers knee.

If we want to shut them up this time we will probably have to score a TD. Thanks to that shit tight end Haley will probably be too scared to call a pass play for another 3 more games.

squicken

Looking at the fumble, that's on the bench. Ben knew they needed to quick snap, but for some reason they sent a new personnel group on to the field. I'm guessing that is on Haley

Looking at the fumble, that's on the bench. Ben knew they needed to quick snap, but for some reason they sent a new personnel group on to the field. I'm guessing that is on Haley

Haley is a crap coordinator. I'm sorry to say that, but he's poison to every team he's on and alienates players.

linkboy

wait you picked Kap vs Seattle's secondary? IN SEATTLE? over Stafford vs the Cards? in not weather affected game?

o_O

My gut said Stafford, but I just had a feeling (and it blew up in my face). I figured at least they would be pissed off enough from the ass whopping last year to actually show up.

I guessed wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom