• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 2 |OT| - Manning Bowl III

Status
Not open for further replies.

brentech

Did he just bitch moan "he hit me!"

Facemask I believe.
It's a dumb call, but it is supposed to be made. Don't the think it was a face mask, just arm coming down on his helmet while he was coming up in the pocket.
A few years ago I remember Charles Woodson getting called for about that much contact.

Its a call that shouldn't exist when it's basically involuntary and a grazing hit, but that just adds to more inconsistent calls like we just had.

It's a dumb call, but it is supposed to be made. Don't the think it was a face mask, just arm coming down on his helmet while he was coming up in the pocket.
A few years ago I remember Charles Woodson getting called for about that much contact.

Its a call that shouldn't exist when it's basically involuntary and a grazing hit, but that just adds to more inconsistent calls like we just had.

Facemasks are only supposed to be called if the player grips the facemask. Glancing blows are allowed.

Facemasks are only supposed to be called if the player grips the facemask. Glancing blows are allowed.

Not if a QB is in the pocket though (although it's not a facemask, it's just roughing the passer). All it takes is contact to the helmet Not sure if that applies here or if he was considered to be running.

LJ11

Bernard's feet remind me of Sproles, great patience too. Needs to touh the rock, thought he was injured in the first half when he just disappeared.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom